Tesla...

OC

Another really cool thing about liquid batteries is packaging. You can get rid of the huge packs and squeeze batteries anywhere: floorboards, frame rails, bike frames, etc.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Signature Red! Nice.

I'm completely with Tesla, it's just at $120k for the Model X... I could get a 2016 Escalade for $80-90K and have gas/insurance/maintenance covered for 3+ years. I still think that Tesla is the way to go and am surprised that the Model S has held its value so well. It's truly the best PHEV on the market.

yea, he said they were going to re-calibrate it....

Is just me or is that right "falcon" door drooping.

should have mine in two weeks.... just like this one....

With an Aventador? :icon_mrgreen:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So the Model 3 is being unveiled in 3 days. Any inside info on what to expect? I really hope they knock it out of the park with this one.

So the Model 3 is being unveiled in 3 days. Any inside info on what to expect? I really hope they knock it out of the park with this one.

This is make or break for Tesla, what the whole company was set up to do. A usable electric car for the masses, with looks and performance that match or exceeds gasoline competitors. The M3 is set to combat the BMW 3 and Audi A4 segment, and I think they will succeed in most areas. I think it will look like Model S' futuristic little brother. Not too out there though, just some natural evolution of the design. If it looks nothing like the S or X I will be very surprised, hopefully for the better...

Being from Norway, Tesla's second biggest market after the US, I see a few culprits though. The most pressing being the 4-5-6 MONTH wait time to get service. They have not been able to handle the service requirements here, and with the M3 being the model for the masses, they will reach 12 months+ wait time unless they radically fix their service center arrangement. They do handle emergency incidents rapidly though, but for a regular service or a complaint about something, they are sloooow.

Anyway, I'm putting a reservation down on the M3 for the wifey as soon as possible!

There are a lot of drawings and information being passed around, but nothing is from Tesla. Elon is keeping this one close to the vest and will release everything on the 31st. Anything you've read or have seen is not accurate. But the event will have working models I have been told. It amazes me that no manufacture has taken the opportunity to use the Tesla technology even with open patents. I think Tesla's long term is to make batteries for all cars with the giga factory opening later this year.

I was invited to the launch event, but don't think I can make it out....

Of course you were! You're the number one producer of Tesla videos for free! Between Bjorn and you....nobody does more marking for Tesla.

I can't wait for the release. I'm expecting a smaller looking Model S. My deposit is ready, this is going to be my next daily driver! So excited.

I can't wait for the release. I'm expecting a smaller looking Model S. My deposit is ready, this is going to be my next daily driver! So excited.

Congrats! I am guessing it will be a badass car.

If the model 3 looks nothing like the other compact electric cars out on the market it will be a winner and I'm also going to put in a order, cross my fingers. I will be watching their live stream unveil on their website tonight.

Some RUMORS were that the new MODEL 3 would be a smaller/compact "X" body. but it looks like, based on the teaser photos that it's closer to a SEDAN style profile (which is better in my opinion). man, if they make a P90D equivalent for the MODEL 3, my deposit will be going to them. a P90D level MODEL 3 would make the need for an AMG or "M" car pretty obsolete. LOL! Can't wait!

Some articles are suggesting that TESLA may have over 100k reservations in 24 hours! That's crazy!

There are legitimate lines out the door at Tesla stores around SoCal. This thing is either a huge hit or the flop of the decade.

I'm not sure I want to put a deposit on a high production car 18 months out, but i'm definitely watching.

There are legitimate lines out the door at Tesla stores around SoCal.

Here to... I'm not eager to get the first batch myself though, so I'll just reserve it when it becomes available online.

2626314.jpg

Lines a block long at almost every store.......

The iPhone crowd, I don't get it, it's just a car in an unlimited edition, so what if it comes few months later?