Tesla...

OC

Shit just got realer!

P90D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:icon_super: :icon_super:

Tesla is killing it at the moment. I love how they seem to be questioning why everything is done the way it is and if there is a better way to be doing it. If Elon continues at this rate I can't help but wonder where we will be in 10 or 20 years...

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:icon_super: :icon_super:

Tesla is killing it at the moment. I love how they seem to be questioning why everything is done the way it is and if there is a better way to be doing it. If Elon continues at this rate I can't help but wonder where we will be in 10 or 20 years...

I can't wait to see the new Roadster in "4 years"!!! Tesla is legit for sure.

Jesus H....got to pay another $10K to knock off 0.3 sec? Not sure I'm jumping on that one. 85D is fast enough not to mention every time I get on the heavy pedal my battery range drains fast as f*ck.

I like the i8 as well, but wished they had more power. I think I'm spoiled in the mindset that if I'm spending over $100K on a car my minimum requirement is at least 500HP.

It's $5k to upgrade the P85D to Luda mode, I'm in....

Of course you are....you should be first to get one with all the press you

can give them!

• 3 weeks later...

I have one reserved....

Model X deliveries are due to start in September, as of yesterday's shareholder presentation. Anyone thinking of jumping on one of these?

I really don't get the fascination with these cars, they are very expensive for what they are and what you get, they look very bland and generic, you can get a very nice luxury sedan for the same price, is the running cost the main attraction?

Just curious.

It drives better than another other luxury sedan I've driven.... very quick/fast, responsive, no lag, super smooth, no transmission, very quiet, great electronics, free upgrades from Tesla as tech and features improve, tons of storage, learns my schedule pre cooling the car for me on hot days, no service required, running cost isn't an issue for me, but I do enjoy never going to the gas station in the car and don't mind free tolls, express lanes, etc...

Tesla is anything but generic, it's totally different, the M5/E63/RS7 are generic and boring to me...

I really don't get the fascination with these cars, they are very expensive for what they are and what you get, they look very bland and generic, you can get a very nice luxury sedan for the same price, is the running cost the main attraction?

Just curious.

Thanks for the explanation, glad you enjoy yours, I completely agree with you the M5/E63 and RS7 are bland and boring, to me Tesla looks like an older Jag, very generic, the inside is full of cheap looking plastic, far cry from what you find in the euro lux barges anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder as long as the buyer likes it that's all that matters.

My wife was interested that's why I started looking at them but other than the fuel saving personally I see no other benefit, this is how I look at it, my brother just bought a new Audi S8 every single option, phenomenal car, Tesla here is only $20k cheaper than the S8, there is no way I'd have one over a S8, maybe if it was about $100k cheaper but almost on par zero chance, different strokes..

BTW I am not having a go at you just stating my opinion :icon_thumleft:

gotcha, I enjoy the new tech, innovation and performance over interior luxury details... I have the upgraded interior package, leather dash, console, panels, alcantera, upgraded seats, etc, and it's fine for me...

to me the S8 looks like all the other Audi's out there, A3/A4/A6 with it's monster front grill, just bigger... :)

my wife isn't much of a car person, she loves the Tesla just because she never has to go to the gas station....

Thanks for the explanation, glad you enjoy yours, I completely agree with you the M5/E63 and RS7 are bland and boring, to me Tesla looks like an older Jag, very generic, the inside is full of cheap looking plastic, far cry from what you find in the euro lux barges anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder as long as the buyer likes it that's all that matters.

My wife was interested that's why I started looking at them but other than the fuel saving personally I see no other benefit, this is how I look at it, my brother just bought a new Audi S8 every single option, phenomenal car, Tesla here is only $20k cheaper than the S8, there is no way I'd have one over a S8, maybe if it was about $100k cheaper but almost on par zero chance, different strokes..

BTW I am not having a go at you just stating my opinion :icon_thumleft:

I can sympathize, my wife hates the gas station so most of the time she gets her servant to do it, that would be yours truly :icon_mrgreen:

The S8 looks boss :icon_thumleft:

Just curious.

They're electric. That's the main attraction :icon_thumleft:

Well, for starters, they're supercar fast, up to a point at least - 0-60 is faster than an LMP1 racer.

Second, some of the world's best in-car tech, much of it thanks to that giant and well-thought-out touchscreen. I read recently that around two-thirds of new car buyers rank infotainment as a high priority, so even if it's not important for you, there are a LOT of people who feel differently.

Other attractions are the frequent, automatic updates, the Cali tech image, the decent driving package and refinement, and the styling. Personally I think the Model S is vastly better-looking than any 4-door currently in production in Germany, but then I'm a big fan of the clean-cut, strong-shouldered Jag/Aston look; no accounting for all tastes I guess.

Like Placid said though, #1 draw is the electric drivetrain, which Tesla still has sorted to a degree that eludes everyone else.

The Model S has the range to suit the vast majority of drivers in supercharger-connected countries, and it's got navigation functionality to automatically route you to a charger if it's calculated you'll need one.

If you're a reasonably local driver, in theory you'd never have to fuel it up anywhere - just plug it in at home.

Also gives it ridiculously low running costs, and there's the environmental factor if that interests you - the energy efficiency is equivalent to a 100+ mpg petrol car.

gotcha, I enjoy the new tech, innovation and performance over interior luxury details... I have the upgraded interior package, leather dash, console, panels, alcantera, upgraded seats, etc, and it's fine for me...

to me the S8 looks like all the other Audi's out there, A3/A4/A6 with it's monster front grill, just bigger... :)

my wife isn't much of a car person, she loves the Tesla just because she never has to go to the gas station....

The no gas station thing is HUGE. Especially compared to a car like an s8 that gets shit mileage and needs to be filled every fortnight at best. The very usable low end torque around the city makes driving electric a pleasure. Zero lag, just instantaneous power. For a daily driver/family car it's great.

The no gas station thing is HUGE. Especially compared to a car like an s8 that gets shit mileage and needs to be filled every fortnight at best. The very usable low end torque around the city makes driving electric a pleasure. Zero lag, just instantaneous power. For a daily driver/family car it's great.

I hate going to the gas station, that's why I was looking at a Tesla, Audi A7 TDI, BMW i8 etc. Hate it. Hate spending time at gas station. Hate stopping. Hate seeing the low fuel light.

I hate going to the gas station, that's why I was looking at a Tesla, Audi A7 TDI, BMW i8 etc. Hate it. Hate spending time at gas station. Hate stopping. Hate seeing the low fuel light.

If you hate spending time at a station and plan to drive a Tesla anywhere you'll need to stop at a supercharger you're really not going to like the wait. Local use won't have that problem though.

And no more oil changes required.

I see all you guys who HATE going to the gas station have sports cars which have to be filled up every time you take them for more than a couple of hours drive :icon_mrgreen:

I will test drive one in the future when they become more popular here, I am sure sooner or later my wife will want one.

Great things for me are no Costco gas station visits, carpool lane use, good resell value, fantastic quality and great features, practically good parking everywhere, its a great company to deal with (no hassles, forward thinking company, great customer service.) The car oozes innovation! OTA car software updates, say what?!

Fortis, Tesla's are for people who don't imprison trees in their houses. Do it for the trees :crybaby2: !

He could also run the car in his house without worrying about carbon monoxide poisoning.... :)

Great things for me are no Costco gas station visits, carpool lane use, good resell value, fantastic quality and great features, practically good parking everywhere, its a great company to deal with (no hassles, forward thinking company, great customer service.) The car oozes innovation! OTA car software updates, say what?!

Fortis, Tesla's are for people who don't imprison trees in their houses. Do it for the trees :crybaby2: !

Fortis I hear ya on ur thoughts on the tesla and I agree. However after driving my brothers it is a cool car that makes sense. You have to find the niche for it.would I own one?.... Maybe down the road as like a 5th or 6th car. But damn it does a lot of shit on a daily basis better than others.i can understand the following of it. I just think some true gear heads aren't there yet. Not discounting other gear heads but they have plenty of other cars to balance it out.