So I've been a bit busy lately...

Mako

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the mittens.... I remember those... And that look.... "would you please be so kind as to remove these mittens so that I might gouge my own eyes out?"

Interesting story: So my wife had a C-section with him and during delivery they apparently used too much force and fractured his skull. That then led to a cyst of pooled blood similar to a hematoma in his head, with a small amount of leakage beneath the bone near the brain.

So after a week of MRIs and a CT scan they decide to operate to flush it out (Neurologist procedure), which led to a 5-day stint in the pediactric ICU, etc.

Kid was a trooper, no problems, everything looks good now, but in one short month he's had more medical drama than I've had in 4+ decades. Amazing.

Interesting story: So my wife had a C-section with him and during delivery they apparently used too much force and fractured his skull. That then led to a cyst of pooled blood similar to a hematoma in his head, with a small amount of leakage beneath the bone near the brain.

So after a week of MRIs and a CT scan they decide to operate to flush it out (Neurologist procedure), which led to a 5-day stint in the pediactric ICU, etc.

Kid was a trooper, no problems, everything looks good now, but in one short week he's had more medical drama than I've had in 4+ decades. Amazing.

fcuk!? He alright?

I love the mittens.... I remember those... And that look.... "would you please be so kind as to remove these mittens so that I might gouge my own eyes out?"

Yeah. Its like you were just born....how can your nails be sharp as eagle talons already?

:lol2: :lol2:

Yes, exactly!

Soon as those come off he goes Marvin Hagler if he's made fists, or Wolverine if his nails are long, on his own face, with a particular desire to forcefully end his own eyesight. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks E, appreciate the well wishes, and from everyone else as well. :icon_thumleft:

Kid was a trooper, no problems, everything looks good now, but in one short month he's had more medical drama than I've had in 4+ decades. Amazing.

Oh wow. I'm glad everyone is OK now. That is quiet Scarry. Their heads are quiet squishy when they are first born. Our 2nd came out looking like a catfish in the front and a cone head in the back. I'll have to see if I can dig up a picture. Ugliest baby I have ever seen right after he was born. Hahaha.

How much sleep have you had in the last week?

fcuk!? He alright?

Looks good at the moment, his behavior two weeks later is identical to how he was prior to the procedure so it seems like all is ok for now.

Pediatric Neurosurgeon was happy with the result, he was shocked that it happened from a C-section and not a natural delivery. :shock:

Oh wow. I'm glad everyone is OK now. That is quiet Scarry. Their heads are quiet squishy when they are first born. Our 2nd came out looking like a catfish in the front and a cone head in the back. I'll have to see if I can dig up a picture. Ugliest baby I have ever seen right after he was born. Hahaha.

How much sleep have you had in the last week?

Thanks H, luckily my wife is Asian and pretty traditional on the Man/Woman roles, so I sleep like a rock now that he's home! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

These virgin hands haven't changed a diaper yet! :eusa_dance:

Thanks H, luckily my wife is Asian and pretty traditional on the Man/Woman roles, so I sleep like a rock now that he's home! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

You lucky bastard. My wife is asian and liked to wake me up to be up with her!

Looks good at the moment, his behavior two weeks later is identical to how he was prior to the procedure so it seems like all is ok for now.

Pediatric Neurosurgeon was happy with the result, he was shocked that it happened from a C-section and not a natural delivery. :shock:

Good... I'm sure he'll be fine... I had a similar incident and have scars on my cheeks from the forceps.... If you dont know theyre there, you never notice them...

Good... I'm sure he'll be fine... I had a similar incident and have scars on my cheeks from the forceps.... If you dont know theyre there, you never notice them...

I'm a forceps baby too.

Damn, what a story! Glad everything is alright.

Cute kid and Congrats!

BTW, as far as man drama is concerned, check out the Porsche 918 thread and asscelerator's contributions. Some great stuff in there. :icon_thumleft: