Bugatti Veyron question

berkut

This is my first topic and a very first comment at this forum, so I would like to say HELLO to everyone!

My name is berkut and I'm 24 years old car lover from Europe.

I found that there are a few Veyron owners at this forum, so that's why I decided to post a question at this site, hoping that someone will give me a right answer. :)

Does anyone know is that gray trim that surrounds center console and whole dashboard made out of plastic or some metal?

6123993709_2322c96d0b_z.jpg

6123993539_c4a45b911f_b.jpg

I'm also curious to know what is the material that is used for hex bolts for the Veyron's suspension arms?

4424832588_52c257793d_b.jpg

Those suspension arms are made of stainless steel, so I'm guessing that those bolts are made of the same grade stainless steel to avoid galvanic corrosion, but at the other side, stainless steel bolts (usually A2 grade) have lower tensile strength than the steel ones.

So does anyone know the answer?

This is my first topic and a very first comment at this forum, so I would like to say HELLO to everyone!

My name is berkut and I'm 24 years old car lover from Europe.

I found that there are a few Veyron owners at this forum, so that's why I decided to post a question at this site, hoping that someone will give me a right answer. :)

Does anyone know is that gray trim that surrounds center console and whole dashboard made out of plastic or some metal?

6123993709_2322c96d0b_z.jpg

6123993539_c4a45b911f_b.jpg

I'm also curious to know what is the material that is used for hex bolts for the Veyron's suspension arms?

4424832588_52c257793d_b.jpg

Those suspension arms are made of stainless steel, so I'm guessing that those bolts are made of the same grade stainless steel to avoid galvanic corrosion, but at the other side, stainless steel bolts (usually A2 grade) have lower tensile strength than the steel ones.

So does anyone know the answer?

A-Arm bolts are always in shear so tensile strength isn't hugely critical, I mean even massive trucks and such use relatively small diameter hardware there, it's just not necessary. So i'm guessing they are stainless of some sort.

No clue on the trim, but I would guess aluminum.

:iamwithstupid:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Great first post by the way. I am willing to bet that the Center Trim is Aluminum but we will see if Webster/Vbug/Baky chime in.

On second thought seeing how that center trim wraps around the other metal and flows up towards the windshield and back down to the pillar air vents I am not 100% on it being metal.

Id be very surprised if it isnt metal. Its a Bugatti..i would think there isnt any plastic anywhere.

Thank you on your fast replies. :)

Well my thoughts were the same about that gray surround trim, but I wasn't completely sure.

• 7 years later...