Lights?!

italia19

Hello everyone

I own a 94 diablo vt and I have a little question. When I start the car are the fog lights and parking lights supposed to come on automatically? I ask because when they come on I have no way of turning them off even when I press the button for the parking lights they do not come off and neither do the fog lights when I press their respective button? For sure this cannot be normal operatation. The car is us spec. Normal operation is suppose to be that the lights on come on when their button is pressed correct? Side questio is the hvac fan always supposed to be on regardless of wheather the little green lights indicating speed are illuminated I fear I have some kind of correlated short some where?

Thanks soooo much for all the help!!!!

The two aren't related. The HVAC is always on. I'd say somebody wired your lights always on.

So the hvac is always on and then just speeds up when pressing the buttons correct ? Thanks for the reply... If I still hear the relay clicking when the lights come on is it still possible someone did wire the lights always on ?

Yeah fan is always on. Someone wired your lights. That's not normal

Ok soo just to help me narrow this down a little more in normal operation

If you were to press the the front fog light button would the parking lights come on too? Just want to understand weather both were wired constant on or just the fogs... And does anyone have a good guide on how to remove the center section that houses the hvac controls buttons radio ect on a 94vt ?! Thanks again!!

There are separate buttons for fog lights, head lights, parking lights, hazards, etc. Each button only controls the one circuit.

Understood! Thanks guys now does anyone have a guide for removing the center consol on a 94 vt? Do I just pull out the modules such as the radio window switches suspension control hvac ect and find the attachment points or do I go from underneath ?! Thanks again!!!!!

Sounds like they are being powered somewhere else.

Try pulling the fuse for the fog lights and see if all go out, then do the same test on the side lights. This should tell you if they are wired together and which one is carrying the other; or if they are being powered elsewhere.

There is a light control module behind the AMP panel in the trunk, you could check there to see if the wiring is intact, with no add ons or jumper terminals, to create the fault your having.

Same goes for the plug into the dash switch panel, and you could check behind the fuse box too.

Over here UK/Ireland, our cars have a crap setup in that, no matter what light buttons you press, the popups always come up! So I did a modification to mine to stop this.

You can see here from post #65

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...67857&st=60

Hello sudesh

Thanks for the very informative post! So as I was reading your post it seems as though the normal operation for fog lights is that when you press the fog light button this should trigger the fog lights as well as the parking lights in normal operation correct? My suspicion is that only the fog lights have been powered constant on but because of the normal factory operation this triggers the parking lights as well this is turning both sets of lights on while only the fog are constantly powered ! Thanks again so much for the help! Any idea on how to remove the center console? I want to remove it to reinstall the factory head unit figure out the lighting problem and have the piece itself paint a nice gloss black !!! Thanks !

For USA spec car, I'm unsure of the exact setup, it would seem that some countries have different light operations. But from memory on my car, yes, when you press the fog light button, the side lights come on too.

If your dash is the same as mine, then to remove the console panel requires you to gain access from the rear. I just remove the carpet/panel on my passenger side [RHD Car] another way which gives great access is to remove the split section of the passenger side dash.

Please have a look from post #105 on

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...7857&st=100

Sudesh again thanks soooooo much for pointing me in the right direction ill report back when I have some time to tear into the car this weekend.... Thank you to everyone that replied!!!

Just sounds to me like someone installed day time running relay, look in passenger foot well for proper diagram pull it out see what happens.

Mine use to come on like yours, and the second set of fog lamps were not operational, I ordered 2 relays form Driven and voilà problem solved.

Hi nightlife

That actually sounds much more like it... I have the workshop manual is the relay just listed as a drl relay?

Thanks for the response !!

Hi nightlife

That actually sounds much more like it... I have the workshop manual is the relay just listed as a drl relay?

Thanks for the response !!

Yes I believe it is, I'm going straight from memory mind you and it's not as sharp as it use to be :icon_mrgreen: there should be DRL and underneath it the second relay for second set of fog lamps.

Yes I believe it is, I'm going straight from memory mind you and it's not as sharp as it use to be :icon_mrgreen: there should be DRL and underneath it the second relay for second set of fog lamps.

Your the man nightlife that was it! No idea why but there was a drl relay in place soo weird always knew my car to be a usa car no idea why that relay would be there! But that fixed it!

Great work, you must be glad to sort that issue out. I've never heard of a DRL relay before, good info to know.

So time to share some pics of your Diablo lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Great work, you must be glad to sort that issue out. I've never heard of a DRL relay before, good info to know.

So time to share some pics of your Diablo lol.

Well for now I am working on a few on the car and it honestly is a bit dirty lol but he's a quick vid it... Please excuse the dust and the car being apart thanks for all te help guys!!!

trim.dNU8V5.MOV

• 2 weeks later...