Marijuana question

LPDADDY

Marijuana is most definitely a gateway drug, and its difficult for many to comprehend the transition from marijuana to harder drugs. First we will establish that marijuana is addictive, while its withdrawal symptons are not as severe as heroin in comparison its still an uncomfortable feeling which has long lasting effects. The main issue with drugs is that by consistently using them their effects on your brain slowly diminish, the person no longer gets as high as they once did and the highs dont last as long. anyone who has been a long term, daily marijuana user will attest to making it much harder for them to get high and some people including myself came to the point where we no longer even felt the effects. When marijuana no longer by itself is enough people tend to mix it with other substances in order to increase the effects, alcohol is very common so are pills. This by itself doesnt necessarily make marijuana a gateway drug but mixing marijuana with other substances is a stepping stone, what is important to establish is a graduating process. when someone is used to getting high but no longer gets as high as they once did this is what makes marijuana a gateway drug - its when the drug is no longer altering the brain the same way as it once did. people will either seek out or be introduced to harder drugs which will let them attain that high they no longer are able to get with marijuana which is the high they once got in the begining. addictiion is all about chasing a high which is always running away from the person. The more you use the worse it becomes, its a vicious circle which generally always starts out very innocent with marijuana and when that is no longer enough the person will seek out alternatives. Ofcourse this doesnt apply to everyone, we also have to make note that some people have addictive personalities and are more vulnerable than others. The argument that "hey i was prescribed an opiate and im not addicted" isnt necessarily fair, its much more complicated than that. True addiction is a graduating process, it doesnt happen immediately or overnight.

By that standard, there's a nearly endless array of substance that are gateway drugs that should lead to the end of the drug rainbow. The line at Starbucks is out the door every morning with people satiating a growing tolerance for and dependance on the effects of caffeine.

I've spent a lot of years around hard drugs and drug addicts. In my personal experience, addictive personalities and the nexus between illegal drug dealers of differing substances drives the transition, not nearly as much anything specific to marijuana.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is not a gateway drug and research in amsterdam shows the use of hardcore drugs dropped dramaticly when they legalized it. You have to remember here in the us 90% of the people who have buy weed buy it from shady people most of the time the weed is laced with coke lsd or other drugs to get the buyer hooked on a more addictive more expensivedrug. if you make it legal you cut out the whole dealer issue you put a huge dent in the mexican drug cartel and have millions to use to fight the "war on real drugs".

As for florida there is a lottery going on now on who will be able to grow once it is legalized

1 you must be a nursery for over 20 years

2 prove you can produce 400,000 units of the plants you grow now

3 open up to weekly inspections

4 also florida is not great for growing you would have to grow indoors

I have looked into this for years

i have seen first hand the good medical marijauna does

legalize it regulate it and tax it

on another side not its not only mariajauna that wil make the money the amount of hemp can really change the way we make paper and really can save the trees ok i sound like a hippie

You have to remember here in the us 90% of the people who have buy weed buy it from shady people most of the time the weed is laced with coke lsd or other drugs to get the buyer hooked on a more addictive more expensivedrug.

oh really? laced with coke or lsd? so you expect a drug dealer to sell marijuana at a loss because hes lacing it with other drugs in the hopes that sometime in the future he is able to hook his customers on a more expensive and profitable drug? makes completely no sense considering the fact that those 3 drugs (marijuana, cocaine and lsd) would appeal to 3 different types of demographics, not to mention that you cannot even smoke lsd. Ive been in the marijuana business for about 6 years now here in cali and this is typical misinformation that is spread and repeated but it makes absolutely no sense.

misinformation ok sure

u r correct i ment dust not lsd

and mixing weed with coke and dust or pcp is called snow caps here on the east cost and its a huge problem in the clubs in ny but hey

Some Questions For White Viper and VVS:

1. How is smoking high grade MM with a Vaporizer bad for you?

2. How is eating edible high grade MM mixed in with healthy food bad for you?

I bet $100 Million dollars that one day Medical grade Cannabis will cure more sh*t than we already know now!

MM = Medical Marijuana

Thank you

Marijuana is most definitely a gateway drug, and its difficult for many to comprehend the transition from marijuana to harder drugs. First we will establish that marijuana is addictive, while its withdrawal symptons are not as severe as heroin in comparison its still an uncomfortable feeling which has long lasting effects. The main issue with drugs is that by consistently using them their effects on your brain slowly diminish, the person no longer gets as high as they once did and the highs dont last as long. anyone who has been a long term, daily marijuana user will attest to making it much harder for them to get high and some people including myself came to the point where we no longer even felt the effects. When marijuana no longer by itself is enough people tend to mix it with other substances in order to increase the effects, alcohol is very common so are pills. This by itself doesnt necessarily make marijuana a gateway drug but mixing marijuana with other substances is a stepping stone, what is important to establish is a graduating process. when someone is used to getting high but no longer gets as high as they once did this is what makes marijuana a gateway drug - its when the drug is no longer altering the brain the same way as it once did. people will either seek out or be introduced to harder drugs which will let them attain that high they no longer are able to get with marijuana which is the high they once got in the begining. addictiion is all about chasing a high which is always running away from the person. The more you use the worse it becomes, its a vicious circle which generally always starts out very innocent with marijuana and when that is no longer enough the person will seek out alternatives. Ofcourse this doesnt apply to everyone, we also have to make note that some people have addictive personalities and are more vulnerable than others. The argument that "hey i was prescribed an opiate and im not addicted" isnt necessarily fair, its much more complicated than that. True addiction is a graduating process, it doesnt happen immediately or overnight.

Complete BS !!!

Marijuana is most definitely a gateway drug, and its difficult for many to comprehend the transition from marijuana to harder drugs. First we will establish that marijuana is addictive, while its withdrawal symptons are not as severe as heroin in comparison its still an uncomfortable feeling which has long lasting effects.

This is untrue in my experience. Please list symptoms and their "long" lasting effect.

The main issue with drugs is that by consistently using them their effects on your brain slowly diminish, the person no longer gets as high as they once did and the highs dont last as long. anyone who has been a long term, daily marijuana user will attest to making it much harder for them to get high and some people including myself came to the point where we no longer even felt the effects.

Not true. You are using a very broad brush.

When marijuana no longer by itself is enough people tend to mix it with other substances in order to increase the effects, alcohol is very common so are pills. This by itself doesnt necessarily make marijuana a gateway drug but mixing marijuana with other substances is a stepping stone, what is important to establish is a graduating process. when someone is used to getting high but no longer gets as high as they once did this is what makes marijuana a gateway drug - its when the drug is no longer altering the brain the same way as it once did. people will either seek out or be introduced to harder drugs which will let them attain that high they no longer are able to get with marijuana which is the high they once got in the begining.

That sounds more like a personality disorder rather than an cannabis addiction. Because that correlation can be drawn between some people and cars, some people and exercising, some people and whatever serves as their "drug".

addictiion is all about chasing a high which is always running away from the person. The more you use the worse it becomes, its a vicious circle which generally always starts out very innocent with marijuana and when that is no longer enough the person will seek out alternatives. Ofcourse this doesnt apply to everyone, we also have to make note that some people have addictive personalities and are more vulnerable than others. The argument that "hey i was prescribed an opiate and im not addicted" isnt necessarily fair, its much more complicated than that. True addiction is a graduating process, it doesnt happen immediately or overnight.

Make up your mind. Either it is or it isn't. First you talk in very broad terms. Then you narrow it down to individuals in the last two sentences of your post.

It is a matter of time before Marijuana goes mainstream, more and more states want the tax money and it really is not that big of a deal. Some of you might disagree with me but the writing is on the wall.

The question is have is how many of you smoke, regularly or occasionally and if so, what strain do your prefer.

If you feel uncomfortable answering publicly, please pm me if you wish.

Thanks for all who will chime in.

i have never smoked weed once, however i have said for years "Should be legal", just not my bag....

This is untrue in my experience. Please list symptoms and their "long" lasting effect

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Marijuana-Withdrawal.html

"Symptoms of marijuana withdrawal first appear in serious habitual users within the first 8 hours and are the most noticeable during the first 10 days, but withdrawal symptoms may last as long as 45 days The withdrawal from marihuana is identifiable by behavioral and emotional distress. "

theres also a list of the most common symptoms of long term marijuana use:

irritability

anxiety

physical tension

decreases in appetite and mood

stomach pain

physical tension

restlessness

anorexia

insomnia

increased aggression / anger

strange dreams

i will add to the list:

hallucinations

feeling cloudy, confused, brain feeling congested

memory impairment - both long and short term

paranoia

panic attacks

shortness of breath & chest pains

i have suffered some of these myself along with a strange form of virtigo where i would get lightheaded and dizzy, usually i would feel like im about to black out and i would need to sit down, this lasted for about 2 - 3 years after i stopped

another serious side effect which is depression. this is one of the more debated symptoms but at this point from my own personal expierence i believe that long term marijuana use does cause and can contribute to depression

there are lots of discussions on the side effects of marijuana across all marijuana forums, although i found them doing 30 seconds of searching i didnt link them to this thread because alot of times theyre incoherent (maybe learning disability will become another side effect?)

If we were all drunk it'd be world war 3. If we were high on weed no one would give a shit. It's way better and healthier then alcohol. Vaping is like sucking in air. Has anybody here tried watching psychedelic music on youtube while high? It's pretty crazy lol. I do it with my friends like once a month.

Btw I do agree that one negative side effect is it's potentially addictive but only if you already have an addictive personality. I have a friend who gets addicted to everything and he gets agitated easily when he hasn't smoked for a few days.

Ive never seen anyone become physically addicted to marijuana. I still say thats BS. I have seen plenty of people become addicted to various drugs and alcohol. They rob and steal everything not bolted down, rob people and ruin their lives. Not a single person I knew who smoked weed stole anything for weed money. Ive seen a family member almost die while detoxing from alcohol. Weed....nothing.

I had a friend in high school smoke crack. He never tried it before. Within a month he was doing armed robberies. Addiction can come fast. Seen the same thing happen to friends who did meth. They did not rob, but were stealing everything not bolted down.

I have seen lots of addictions. Never seen a weed smoker do anything except eat Doritos.

Some Questions For White Viper and VVS:

1. How is smoking high grade MM with a Vaporizer bad for you?

2. How is eating edible high grade MM mixed in with healthy food bad for you?

I bet $100 Million dollars that one day Medical grade Cannabis will cure more sh*t than we already know now!

MM = Medical Marijuana

Thank you

why is this a question for me ???

i am 100% pro medical marijuana and pro marijuana for all uses

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Marijuana-Withdrawal.html

"Symptoms of marijuana withdrawal first appear in serious habitual users within the first 8 hours and are the most noticeable during the first 10 days, but withdrawal symptoms may last as long as 45 days The withdrawal from marihuana is identifiable by behavioral and emotional distress. "

theres also a list of the most common symptoms of long term marijuana use:

irritability

anxiety

physical tension

decreases in appetite and mood

stomach pain

physical tension

restlessness

anorexia

insomnia

increased aggression / anger

strange dreams

I would like to know how many people had those issues before smoking/using Marjuana. Seems it treats all of those issues.