Houston Half Mile

duhawks

It's over. UGR took 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Congrats UGR!! Winning must be getting old. ;)

Awesomesauce!!!!! :icon_super:

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really impressive Qtr mile trap speeds on 888s and an unprepped surface. Also they were not really getting aggressive with the power in the first and 2nd gear is my guess. They knew they could out power everything.

Going to be really interesting when UGR goes back to the drag strip here shortly.... YIKESSS

Nera trapped high 170s on 888s about 3 years ago lol. UGR has been making some power for a long time.

Best run for Heffner today was 212.3.

Looking forward to more racing tomorrow.

Oh nice. More racing tomorrow?

Sounds like there wasn't anything close to the TT Gs.

Did the GTRs just give up? No mention of em in this report and I can't find mention of this event on Life or Heritage...

with all due respect ,this event does not seem like anyone knew/Cared about. You can't expect every event for all the big HP gtrs to make a trip.

There are a few events UG does not attend.

224 should be the new record of all time! congrats. Hopefully the driver will show us the distance +mph if he had a vbox.

PS: not too exciting without competition :) you lambo guys needs the tank to get you fired up.

with all due respect ,this event does not seem like anyone knew/Cared about. You can't expect every event for all the big HP gtrs to make a trip.

There are a few events UG does not attend.

224 should be the new record of all time! congrats. Hopefully the driver will show us the distance +mph if he had a vbox.

PS: not too exciting without competition :) you lambo guys needs the tank to get you fired up.

Sam I hope you are right man. I hope the GTRs make a come back. It is really boring with out them. The forums are dead, no one is talking crap (which is a lot of fun when people don't get their feelings involved), and there is no one to race.

As it looks now the only competition would be Omegahhhhh. I don't think anyone else has a GTR that could try and keep up.

PS- UGR's schedule is no secret. They always do TI, tx2k roll race now, and the Houston Half Mile. GTRs are welcome to come. I hope more of them come out to those 3 events.

Sam I hope you are right man. I hope the GTRs make a come back. It is really boring with out them. The forums are dead, no one is talking crap (which is a lot of fun when people don't get their feelings involved), and there is no one to race.

As it looks now the only competition would be Omegahhhhh. I don't think anyone else has a GTR that could try and keep up.

PS- UGR's schedule is no secret. They always do TI, tx2k roll race now, and the Houston Half Mile. GTRs are welcome to come. I hope more of them come out to those 3 events.

well TX2k and TI they are always there.. the rest is a toss up.

I guess we will wait for kevin to run some 1/4 mile passes. Would love to see one of these 6 speed X's break into that 7 sec club.

Oh nice. More racing tomorrow?

Sounds like there wasn't anything close to the TT Gs.

Sorry. One day event.

fcuking stop with this nonsense. The speeds are done by the same people who do the Texas Mile. there is NO debate on the official speed or distance in this event.

fcuking stop with this nonsense. The speeds are done by the same people who do the Texas Mile. there is NO debate on the official speed or distance in this event.

+1. This event is legit.

:iamwithstupid:

+1. This event is legit.

Maybe each event should fly Sam out and he can verify each run himself

Maybe each event should fly Sam out and he can verify each run himself

Real hard to pull up 2 numbers . I have no doubt it will be on point. I agree that Tx timing is going to be on the money.

No biggie.

Real hard to pull up 2 numbers . I have no doubt it will be on point. I agree that Tx timing is going to be on the money.

No biggie.

Sam, join the best and forget the rest. :icon_mrgreen:

For those that ran this past weekend how much room did you have to stop? Any issues?

I have a few half miles coming up and worried about the stopping part.

For those that ran this past weekend how much room did you have to stop? Any issues?

I have a few half miles coming up and worried about the stopping part.

there is ALOT of space to slow down....no issues whatsoever.

At the original Mile location we had 1/2 mile to stop with some dirt overrun area. At 240+ with carbon front brakes that is enough room to stop.

At the Beeville location of the mile there is 3600+ feet and that's enough room for any speed you will run in your G.

If you don't have carbon brakes get them.

there is ALOT of space to slow down....no issues whatsoever.

At the original Mile location we had 1/2 mile to stop with some dirt overrun area. At 240+ with carbon front brakes that is enough room to stop.

At the Beeville location of the mile there is 3600+ feet and that's enough room for any speed you will run in your G.

If you don't have carbon brakes get them.

Yeah I just have the steel ones. Crap. I do have uograded pads and fluids.

The GA half mile runway is 200 ft short of a full mile it looks like. The runway is some nice concrete but it is about 2700 ft above sea level.

I'd love to see some comparison between carbon and steel brakes at 200mph. In the road race track situation most people switch to steel as they break about the same and steel is cheaper to swap out but I'm not sure when you're slowing from 200mph+ , lol.

I'd love to see some comparison between carbon and steel brakes at 200mph. In the road race track situation most people switch to steel as they break about the same and steel is cheaper to swap out but I'm not sure when you're slowing from 200mph+ , lol.

That is the thing... we are talking about stopping from over 200 mph lol

One company uses spacers for their steel rotors which have tested fine on a race track but what about from 200+ ??

FWIW, at local GT3 sport racing series, a friend of mines reiter engineering gt3 Gallardo runs 390 mm steel Alcons on the front. No fade and stopping as fast as the Ferrari 458I challenge cars with ceramic carbons.

I have crash stopped my 390 mm- same as GT3 - on track from 160 mph and very safe and excellent performance with oem feel.

Steels don't crack as ceramics can and steels cheaper to replace the discs.

If dollars not a problem, then replacing steels with ceramics the ultimate, but then need to redo the Gallardo oem braking system- abs etc.

Girodisc steel 380 mm fronts are also reported to be a very good performer and good value.

cheers,

john

FWIW, at local GT3 sport racing series, a friend of mines reiter engineering gt3 Gallardo runs 390 mm steel Alcons on the front. No fade and stopping as fast as the Ferrari 458I challenge cars with ceramic carbons.

I have crash stopped my 390 mm- same as GT3 - on track from 160 mph and very safe and excellent performance with oem feel.

Steels don't crack as ceramics can and steels cheaper to replace the discs.

If dollars not a problem, then replacing steels with ceramics the ultimate, but then need to redo the Gallardo oem braking system- abs etc.

Girodisc steel 380 mm fronts are also reported to be a very good performer and good value.

cheers,

john

Yeah I am leaning towards steel. They seem like they would even be better for break boosting.

The Girodisc are 4lbs lighter a corner over OEM.

Had steels on my 08 SL and now CCBs on my 570, its night a day difference! Yes a good set of steels and CCBs in a race car might brake similar but don't forget about the massive unsprung weight difference between the two. Saying steels don't crack and ceramics due is inaccurate! Ceramic rotors are less resistant to warping, longer life than steel rotors, non corrosive etc. There is a reason why so many manufactures are running CCBs, the Aventador and even the Huracan comes standard with CCBs.

Had steels on my 08 SL and now CCBs on my 570, its night a day difference! Yes a good set of steels and CCBs in a race car might brake similar but don't forget about the massive unsprung weight difference between the two. Saying steels don't crack and ceramics due is inaccurate! Ceramic rotors are less resistant to warping, longer life than steel rotors, non corrosive etc. There is a reason why so many manufactures are running CCBs, the Aventador and even the Huracan comes standard with CCBs.

I spent all my money on horse power though. Can't afford breaks now lmao

I spent all my money on horse power though. Can't afford breaks now lmao

I wouldn't pay to do the swap either just giving my opinion.

I wouldn't pay to do the swap either just giving my opinion.

Yeah trust me. I would much rather have CCBs. I'm an idiot. I should have just been patient when I bought the car stock and got that option.

Cody your car is bad ass man. Every time Kevin ask me about a mod I just say what does Cody have? Yeah I'll have that.