Houston Half Mile

duhawks

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like UGR has even less competition. Bello crashed yesterday in Puerto Rico and has stated that he is officially retired. Sucks.

Damn. Hope he is ok.

Looks like UGR has even less competition. Bello crashed yesterday in Puerto Rico and has stated that he is officially retired. Sucks.

Looks like he hit some liquid at the end. That really sucks. I think he will be back.

Had steels on my 08 SL and now CCBs on my 570, its night a day difference! Yes a good set of steels and CCBs in a race car might brake similar but don't forget about the massive unsprung weight difference between the two. Saying steels don't crack and ceramics due is inaccurate! Ceramic rotors are less resistant to warping, longer life than steel rotors, non corrosive etc. There is a reason why so many manufactures are running CCBs, the Aventador and even the Huracan comes standard with CCBs.

Hi Cody,

I agree that CCB's are the ultimate. Your car is also the ultimate.

For the budget racer, the steels are competitive.

a few pics of both gallardos on alcon 390mm race fronts rotors.

cheers,

john

post-130322-1400518204.jpg

post-130322-1400518337.jpg

Yikes!! Hope he is OK.

Firstly, congratulations to the UR guys. You had a great showing this weekend.

Scondly, Im sorry to see Eddie's crash. I really hope he's ok and hope (know) that we will see him back at it very soon.

Our day obviously wasn't what we wanted it to be but we all had a great time and can't wait to get out to the next event. We had to spend the first few passes making license runs before we were allowed to run the car all out. Once this was done, we discovered that we had a boost leak that we would not be able to repair during this one day event. We managed to run 214.9 the way it was, which isn't exactly hateful but again, not what we know we can do.

Most importantly, everyone came home safely and enjoyed themselves thoroughly. See you guys next time!

Scondly, Im sorry to see Eddie's crash. I really hope he's ok and hope (know) that we will see him back at it very soon.

Our day obviously wasn't what we wanted it to be but we all had a great time and can't wait to get out to the next event. We had to spend the first few passes making license runs before we were allowed to run the car all out. Once this was done, we discovered that we had a boost leak that we would not be able to repair during this one day event. We managed to run 214.9 the way it was, which isn't exactly hateful but again, not what we know we can do.

Most importantly, everyone came home safely and enjoyed themselves thoroughly. See you guys next time!

Car looked great Jason. Good seeing you guys again.

Dont sneak up on me again on a plane, freaked me out, lol!

You guys are having a blast racing it seems every weekend! What events is OB going to this summer? I see they signed up for the GA Half mile and are a sponsor. That is a good event to go to.

Nothing too fast there but some really cool cars there and a great environment.

He's fine. The car, not so much. Info on his page

:icon_thumleft:

Nice job, Jason. Nice to see you back in the game and attending the big events.

Nothing too fast there but some really cool cars there and a great environment.

I have a feeling there will be some massively fast cars there this year. I agree that it is a great environment and venue.

I have a feeling there will be some massively fast cars there this year. I agree that it is a great environment and venue.

Will be interesting to see. I have already google EARTHED the airport to see how much room there is to stop lol

Thanks, guys. We are having a great time and are all very excited to participate in these events. We have a great team and will undoubtedly taste a lot of success over the upcoming events. We are still filling out the racing schedule for the rest of the yearand yes, we will be in Georgia. Ideally we will be adding another car or so to the roster as well.

Thanks, guys. We are having a great time and are all very excited to participate in these events. We have a great team and will undoubtedly taste a lot of success over the upcoming events. We are still filling out the racing schedule for the rest of the yearand yes, we will be in Georgia. Ideally we will be adding another car or so to the roster as well.

It is GTR country here in GA! Get ready lol

Also some very high hp rwd cars too.

We really don't care what we race. They had some heavy hitter GTR's at Shift Sector. They are great cars in their own respect but they are really outmatched by the Lambo platform.

It is a really nice 2 day venue. Runway is concrete. You can rent a cabin right by the airport. You will def. want to leave the cars at the airport at night and just drive a separate car back to the cabin because they are gravel roads.

Laser system they have is dead accurate with my vbox. At least was the last 2 years.

We really don't care what we race. They had some heavy hitter GTR's at Shift Sector. They are great cars in their own respect but they are really outmatched by the Lambo platform.

Taking on ALL comers ... I like it ... It's gonna be a great Summer ...

Hi Cody,

I agree that CCB's are the ultimate. Your car is also the ultimate.

For the budget racer, the steels are competitive.

a few pics of both gallardos on alcon 390mm race fronts rotors.

cheers,

john

Another good photo of 390mm front steels 'in action' at Barbagallo Raceway Nightmasters event, Perth, Western Australia.

No brake fade reported.

post-130322-1400556750_thumb.jpg

hmm .. I am not one to defend the GTR. :ph34r: As i recall you went 195 in Ti and a GTR went 207. I beg to differ.

Steels don't crack as ceramics can and steels cheaper to replace the discs.

My steel rotors were cracked and one of the reasons I changed to carbons. Carbons on the front of my G stop MUCH better than my steels brakes.

hmm .. I am not one to defend the GTR. :ph34r: As i recall you went 195 in Ti and a GTR went 207. I beg to differ.

That GTR broke on one pass lol. Any updates on the catch can???

I don't think any GTR would want to race Heffners STS now. It has different setup now.