Houston Half Mile

duhawks

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 300MPH
Not really sure to be honest.

I don't know how you would measure something as fast as SW.

At the 1/4 mile, they have timing lights spaced a certain distance apart. The MPH is calculated average entry/exit speed from the time it takes to go from the first light to the second light. If they are using this method calibrated the exact same way it is done at the 1/4 mile, then the numbers on that slip would be comparable to what you see on a 1/4 mile time slip from the drag strip. If, however, they are aiming a radar gun on the car as it is in the vicinity of the 1/4 mile mark, it is not. That is why I am asking the question. Just curious, that's all.

At the 1/4 mile, they have timing lights spaced a certain distance apart. The MPH is calculated average entry/exit speed from the time it takes to go from the first light to the second light. If they are using this method calibrated the exact same way it is done at the 1/4 mile, then the numbers on that slip would be comparable to what you see on a 1/4 mile time slip from the drag strip. If, however, they are aiming a radar gun on the car as it is in the vicinity of the 1/4 mile mark, it is not. That is why I am asking the question. Just curious, that's all.

Yeah I am not sure if they were using the 1/4 way or just a simple trap speed with a laser.

From my experience the 1/4 way is a few mph slower than just your raw trap speed.

It's the same equipment and organizers as the Texas Mile, timing lights and lasers. If you look closely in the video you can see that identical sensors are at the quarter and the half mile.

I have no idea what the regulations are in the US for a car to be street legal. I know as a fact though that drag radials (and dang sure slicks) aren´t street legal in any European Country. The most legal traction you can get out of these Cars would be with R888´s. Kevin, you have built cars sent to Russia, South America etc. I really need to figure out if any of your high powered builds are street legal here in Germany so i can order me a Huracan SL in a couple years and send it to you guys lol. There aren´t any half mile events here, but if feel like the Autobahn could be the TT Lambo´s natural habitat.

Maybe you don`t have to search that far...I am not sure if Kevin is familiar with the strict german laws. Building a streelegal car here is a tough peace of work. We don`t offer the horsepower numbers UGR does, but our TT builts are streelegal in Germany....and made in Germany.

...and Yes, the TTG`s love the Autobahn ;)

The Huracan is the next challenge.

Brgds

Felix

www.PRABAN-TURBO.de

Maybe you don`t have to search that far...I am not sure if Kevin is familiar with the strict german laws. Building a streelegal car here is a tough peace of work. We don`t offer the horsepower numbers UGR does, but our TT builts are streelegal in Germany....and made in Germany.

...and Yes, the TTG`s love the Autobahn ;)

The Huracan is the next challenge.

Brgds

Felix

www.PRABAN-TURBO.de

I see you've been lurking for a year. You should post up some info and pictures of your TT builds in the TT section. We all would love to see and hear more!

I see you've been lurking for a year. You should post up some info and pictures of your TT builds in the TT section. We all would love to see and hear more!

I will search some stuff together and post it soon....

image.jpg

Welcome Felix,

That's a good looking kit ... Does the car perform ... As good as the kit looks ...

Throw up some videos ... Let's see what it's like to have the Autobahn at your disposal ...

I will search some stuff together and post it soon....

image.jpg

Thanks!

Welcome Felix,

That's a good looking kit ... Does the car perform ... As good as the kit looks ...

Throw up some videos ... Let's see what it's like to have the Autobahn at your disposal ...

Agreed. Kits looks AWESOME!