My 6.0 burned today

fcris

Sorry guys, but my 6.0 burned today.

It was a busy day. I never thought that one of the consequences of loosing a car like this is to also be integrated by the county prosecutor office. Good thing I had survalance footage showing the whole event.

I took it out for 15 – 20 minutes. Parked it, and then took the Murcie out. The shot you see was when I was out for about 30 minutes. I have always been leary about parking these cars in a still air garage while hot, but this could not have been caused by heat so long after I parked it, right?

It looks like it originated directly above the drivers rear tire, right in the area of the battery switch. Whata mess. Between all the smoke and what the fire dept did...

I tried to explain that these cars have been known to burn, but all I got was odd looks. If anyone knows of any history that may cause a fire in this area, let me know.

The attached is a shot from the video. As I said, the car was parked for about 30 minutes before any smoke was seen.

VGS1A61.JPG

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap......sorry to hear this.

Any vehicle with high compression and pressure , high temperatures, and oil lines that get old can burn easily.

That's terrible! Battery, oil cooler, oil lines and electronics above...so a small leak or spark in that area can be bad news fast. That really sucks.

Sorry to hear Frank. At least no one was hurt and you can go buy another one.

:iamwithstupid: Sorry to hear that. Glad no one was hurt.

Oh no! :( So sorry to learn this. But as others had said, so long as no one got hurt, that's what counts.

Sad to hear!

Did you leave the hood popped open?

I always pop the bonnet on the lambos when I park inside. Once they cool down, I close them.

Why do you ask?

Oh shizzle...post up the video...

Dang.. So sorry to hear about this bro. Makes me think to be careful with mine. I always just pull into garage and shut her down. Maybe should keep a better eye on it.

I always pop the bonnet on the lambos when I park inside. Once they cool down, I close them.

Why do you ask?

I do the same on my car as it helps the engine cool down quicker. Was just wondering if something exploded and popped the hood open.

I'm glad you were ok. I hope it didn't burn to the point of being a loss. Your words however lead me to believe otherwise. Sorry for the loss, 6.0 is a masterpiece in and of itself.

/EDIT Apparently Hulk Hogan lost his in a fire a while back, (probably old news around here) but news to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhwEy76YtOI

/EDIT

Oh my.

Well, you and those you care for are blessed to have been a safe place. Fires, especially those with that kind of fuel grow large, within seconds.

Fortunately, you have insurances to recover. Also, fortunately, you took the Murcie out, so it's not two losses.

That's terrible but the good news is that you are ok and there were no injuries.

Did the fire damaged the house or was it contained in the garage area?

that sucks man

I will echo everyones sentiment and say that atleast everyone is OK, I hope your garage didnt go up with it.

good luck to an easy to resolve insurance issues.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Was the car a complete loss? Hopefully it didn't take the house or the garage with it, and thankfully it appears everyone is ok.

Why was the county prosecutor interrogating you?