McLaren P1 vs. Bugatti Veyron

Destructo

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cant tell if the P1 just got the jump and the Veyron SS reals him in or what. Either way that P1 shot off! Significantly lighter with only 300 less hp and probably less drag.

I wouldn't let this one little clip make up my mind of how fast either car is.. Kind of looked to me like the bug didn't get off. Either way, even if I had the money I wouldn't purchase either of these two cars.. I would go with a manual shifting pagani zonda. :icon_thumleft:

I wouldn't let this one little clip make up my mind of how fast either car is.. Kind of looked to me like the bug didn't get off. Either way, even if I had the money I wouldn't purchase either of these two cars.. I would go with a manual shifting pagani zonda. :icon_thumleft:

Exactly, it's hardly scientific, it's just sensational.

It should get the keyboard cowboys and bench racers up in arms, and that is worth the post alone :lol2:

Except those are at least legal here!

The P1 got the jump. It doesn't even matter. The P1 shares the same engine, chassis and gearbox as a 170k car (the upcoming 911 competitor by McLaren). That's great for the car going after the 911, but not so much for the car that is going after the million plus customer.

The 650S spider is a better car for real life and I am sure (since they are largely the same car) that a body kit to complete the look will be available soon. Then, you can have the P1 looks with a hardtop convertible and less weight.

Batteries are not the answer. The Bugatti over the P1 regardless of which is faster.

Bugatti > Aventador > 918 > P1

I would rather just have a 650s which is 90% the same car for 1/4 the price.

if the 650 is 90% of the P1 ill be a happy camper :icon_super:

we will both find out soon enough ;)

The P1 got the jump. It doesn't even matter. The P1 shares the same engine, chassis and gearbox as a 170k car (the upcoming 911 competitor by McLaren). That's great for the car going after the 911, but not so much for the car that is going after the million plus customer.

But the veneno isnt an aventador with a Do-Luck body kit and a 10x sticker price? Pot, meet kettle?

That barely even looks like a race. The chase car(SLS?) was gaining on them as soon as they hit it.

Meh.....Veyron is still alpha male in the car jungle......I guarantee from stop to 250mph the P1 would be a dot in the rear view

You are confused my dear friend. Up to 200mph+ the P1 is leaving the Veyron by a good amount. I'm not sure above 200mph+ as the specs aren't out but I assure you the P1 is faster in most situations.

For $1-$2mil, I'm choosing a Pagani if I can.

But the veneno isnt an aventador with a Do-Luck body kit and a 10x sticker price? Pot, meet kettle?

HAHA! Very fair response given what was disclosed... :icon_thumleft:

There is a lot more going on with the Veneno than advertised. It has MUCH more power and MUCH less weight than what was advertised. There are differences in the chassis, engine, gearbox, engine management, and 4WD system. The computer control system is completely different. They didn't advertise all the changes - many of them will make their way onto future models over the next 10 years and you will hear about them then. I assure you, the Veneno is more different to any other Lamborghini ever made than the McLaren P1 is to the 12C and 650S. If what I have heard about the upcoming 911 competitior is true, that will share more in common with the P1 too.

The Veneno is the fastest NA car ever to be fully street legal in the USA. Before anyone goes there, the McLaren F1 was never street legal - some owners have gotten them titled here under the laws of "Show and Display."

Having driven a Bugatti Vitesse, Pagani Huayra, and others, the Veneno feels faster than all of them. That is probably because of how ridiculously light it is. In reality, it is probably neck and neck with the Vitesse, but it is definitely faster than the current Pagani Huayra. The Veneno is so limited and so extreme any slight speed differences are irrelevant. I have multiple open offers for very attractive premiums anytime I would be willing to sell, which is the bottom line. Those are the only numbers that matter. That is how you judge the desirability / strength of the product.

Speed isn't the most important factor in a hypercar. They all need to be faster than the supercars priced below them, that's it. For a hyper-car you should get exclusivity, unique designs and you should feel where that extra money went. If you get lucky the car will also go up in value. With cars like the Aventador, creating a car that is significantly more attractive enough is a very difficult task. IMO The only cars that are currently for sale that achieve that are the Pagani Huayra, Bugatti Vitesse, and (if it ever becomes street legal) possibly the Koenigsegg Agera S - but I would have to drive one first.

The 650S spider is a better car for real life and I am sure (since they are largely the same car) that a body kit to complete the look will be available soon. Then, you can have the P1 looks with a hardtop convertible and less weight.

Batteries are not the answer. The Bugatti over the P1 regardless of which is faster.

LOL, sorry dude... Have to laugh at this.... Veneno shares the same engine. chassis and gearbox as a 400k car as well. :icon_thumleft:

Damn.. you beat me to it! LOL Good job Paki!

There is a lot more going on with the Veneno than advertised. It has MUCH more power and MUCH less weight than what was advertised. There are differences in the chassis, engine, gearbox, engine management, and 4WD system. The computer control system is completely different. They didn't advertise all the changes - many of them will make their way onto future models over the next 10 years and you will hear about them then. I assure you, the Veneno is more different to any other Lamborghini ever made than the McLaren P1 is to the 12C and 650S. If what I have heard about the upcoming 911 competitior is true, that will share more in common with the P1 too.

The Veneno is the fastest NA car ever to be fully street legal in the USA. Before anyone goes there, the McLaren F1 was never street legal - some owners have gotten them titled here under the laws of "Show and Display."

Having driven a Bugatti Vitesse, Pagani Huayra, and others, the Veneno feels faster than all of them. That is probably because of how ridiculously light it is. In reality, it is probably neck and neck with the Vitesse, but it is definitely faster than the current Pagani Huayra. The Veneno is so limited and so extreme any slight speed differences are irrelevant. I have multiple open offers for very attractive premiums anytime I would be willing to sell, which is the bottom line. Those are the only numbers that matter. That is how you judge the desirability / strength of the product.

Speed isn't the most important factor in a hypercar. They all need to be faster than the supercars priced below them, that's it. For a hyper-car you should get exclusivity, unique designs and you should feel where that extra money went. If you get lucky the car will also go up in value. With cars like the Aventador, creating a car that is significantly more attractive enough is a very difficult task. IMO The only cars that are currently for sale that achieve that are the Pagani Huayra, Bugatti Vitesse, and (if it ever becomes street legal) possibly the Koenigsegg Agera S - but I would have to drive one first.

It just doesnt seem logical to me in the slightest for them to put all this super advanced machinery into a car, and just be ok with everyone calling it a rebodied Aventador and not dispelling the rumors....Nor has there been any verification as such from any one (besides you here)......

So the Veneno is neck and neck now with a Vitesse? Before it was neck and neck until the Bugs turbos kick in... Instead of discussing and informing everyone with words... Simple procedure... Veneno meets 4 point scales, and then meets Vbox... My guess is the Veneno loses to a Mclaren 650S... Not putting down the Veneno, as it is amazing inmo. But as stated to me by people at Lamborghini, it is a rebodied Aventador, with reworked ECU and TCU... It could very well be slower than a stock Aventador..

So the Veneno is neck and neck now with a Vitesse? Before it was neck and neck until the Bugs turbos kick in... Instead of discussing and informing everyone with words... Simple procedure... Veneno meets 4 point scales, and then meets Vbox... My guess is the Veneno loses to a Mclaren 650S... Not putting down the Veneno, as it is amazing inmo. But as stated to me by people at Lamborghini, it is a rebodied Aventador, with reworked ECU and TCU... It could very well be slower than a stock Aventador..

Umm, I have ridden in the Veneno and it is a lot faster than a stock Aventador....I dont know if its as fast as a Vitesse, only a Vbox would be able to tell because the power delivery is so different between turbos and naturally aspirated. But it really does not matter, because only magazine and internet racers care about which car is faster than which car. All hypercars (and supercars for that matter) are fast these days, and real buyers buy the car that gets them excited, and its rarely based purely on it being the fastest.

Umm, I have ridden in the Veneno and it is a lot faster than a stock Aventador....I dont know if its as fast as a Vitesse, only a Vbox would be able to tell because the power delivery is so different between turbos and naturally aspirated. But it really does not matter, because only magazine and internet racers care about which car is faster than which car. All hypercars (and supercars for that matter) are fast these days, and real buyers buy the car that gets them excited, and its rarely based purely on it being the fastest.

I personally could careless which is faster... My point is dont preach to the choir, show the choir... If you are going to adamantly disparage other cars about similar points, prove the points, instead of telling others what you feel... Its like our buddy Ronin telling everyone his Elise went 0-125 in 5 seconds... We all know, feeling, and being faster are two entirely different scenarios, especially top end.. It would be interesting to see how a Veneno compares aerodynamically to a stock Aventador.

I personally could careless which is faster... My point is dont preach to the choir, show the choir... If you are going to adamantly disparage other cars about similar points, prove the points, instead of telling others what you feel... Its like our buddy Ronin telling everyone his Elise went 0-125 in 5 seconds... We all know, feeling, and being faster are two entirely different scenarios, especially top end.. It would be interesting to see how a Veneno compares aerodynamically to a stock Aventador.

The Veneno has no bearing on this discussion, as its an extremely limited car that for all purposes should be considered a 1 off. Kris does not have to Vbox or weigh his Veneno to appease the masses, nor will he ever. That doesn't mean he cannot offer his opinion on the current hypercar market, which most people (including myself) find very valid and informative. And I dont believe anything he said about the P1 was wrong, and a lot of people happen to agree with him. :icon_thumleft:

The Veneno has no bearing on this discussion, as its an extremely limited car that for all purposes should be considered a 1 off. Kris does not have to Vbox or weigh his Veneno to appease the masses, nor will he ever. That doesn't mean he cannot offer his opinion on the current hypercar market, which most people (including myself) find very valid and informative. And I dont believe anything he said about the P1 was wrong, and a lot of people happen to agree with him. :icon_thumleft:

It certainly has bearing.. He clearly indicated the P1 is inferior to other cars because it shares parts with a lesser model... When confronted that this is much the same as the Veneno, he indicated that it was not the same, that there are drastic differences.. So just as many people agree with him, many people disagree. You cant expect for people not to say, well if what you say is true, show us... And of course, if he doesn't want to vbox or weigh the car, thats his choice, but it wont help to prove his point as the obvious question is, if you are going to go through the trouble of telling everyone about your car, why wouldn't you want to show everyone about your car, especially when he says he hits 200 mph routinely in them.