McLaren P1 vs. Bugatti Veyron

Destructo

0-200 KPH the Veyron is 6.7 seconds and the P1 is 6.8 ( I know..faggot boy racer numbers...and 0.1 seconds is meaningless, but sake of argument)....i would think above that the quad turbo 16 would be in its element so not sure where this P1 taking the Veyron to 200mph by a great margin is coming from???

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HAHA! Very fair response given what was disclosed... :icon_thumleft:

There is a lot more going on with the Veneno than advertised. It has MUCH more power and MUCH less weight than what was advertised. There are differences in the chassis, engine, gearbox, engine management, and 4WD system. The computer control system is completely different. They didn't advertise all the changes - many of them will make their way onto future models over the next 10 years and you will hear about them then. I assure you, the Veneno is more different to any other Lamborghini ever made than the McLaren P1 is to the 12C and 650S. If what I have heard about the upcoming 911 competitior is true, that will share more in common with the P1 too.

The Veneno is the fastest NA car ever to be fully street legal in the USA. Before anyone goes there, the McLaren F1 was never street legal - some owners have gotten them titled here under the laws of "Show and Display."

Having driven a Bugatti Vitesse, Pagani Huayra, and others, the Veneno feels faster than all of them. That is probably because of how ridiculously light it is. In reality, it is probably neck and neck with the Vitesse, but it is definitely faster than the current Pagani Huayra. The Veneno is so limited and so extreme any slight speed differences are irrelevant. I have multiple open offers for very attractive premiums anytime I would be willing to sell, which is the bottom line. Those are the only numbers that matter. That is how you judge the desirability / strength of the product.

Speed isn't the most important factor in a hypercar. They all need to be faster than the supercars priced below them, that's it. For a hyper-car you should get exclusivity, unique designs and you should feel where that extra money went. If you get lucky the car will also go up in value. With cars like the Aventador, creating a car that is significantly more attractive enough is a very difficult task. IMO The only cars that are currently for sale that achieve that are the Pagani Huayra, Bugatti Vitesse, and (if it ever becomes street legal) possibly the Koenigsegg Agera S - but I would have to drive one first.

With all due respect, this is just a bunch of hoo ha.

If you want to be king of the hill, earn it. That means illustrating why you get to be king of the hill. Otherwise youre just self appointed and, well, anyone can do that. Just ask wiggs.

All this stuff about open offers and unique designs etc is just moving the goal posts. Flag on the play. :)

It certainly has bearing.. He clearly indicated the P1 is inferior to other cars because it shares parts with a lesser model... When confronted that this is much the same as the Veneno, he indicated that it was not the same, that there are drastic differences.. So just as many people agree with him, many people disagree. You cant expect for people not to say, well if what you say is true, show us... And of course, if he doesn't want to vbox or weigh the car, thats his choice, but it wont help to prove his point as the obvious question is, if you are going to go through the trouble of telling everyone about your car, why wouldn't you want to show everyone about your car, especially when he says he hits 200 mph routinely in them.

And I clearly indicated that his unwillingness to appease the masses by weighing and vboxing his limited edition car does not invalidate his opionion about the P1, which is completely true. What arent you getting?

And I clearly indicated that his unwillingness to appease the masses by weighing and vboxing his limited edition car does not invalidate his opionion about the P1, which is completely true. What arent you getting?

He might not be getting why you are talking "for Kris' and not letting him defend himself?

Just a thought.

LOL, sorry dude... Have to laugh at this.... Veneno shares the same engine. chassis and gearbox as a 400k car as well. :icon_thumleft:

If you insist! 😂👍

It just doesnt seem logical to me in the slightest for them to put all this super advanced machinery into a car, and just be ok with everyone calling it a rebodied Aventador and not dispelling the rumors....Nor has there been any verification as such from any one (besides you here)......

That was very rude. You only have my opinion because I represent 33% of the ownership and 100% of the owners who drive their Veneno. A guy in Hong Kong just paid a massive premium for the white trimmed Veneno. The green one is with me and not for sale and the red one is with Antoine. Maybe you can make a similar offer to him and just maybe you can buy one and share your experiences. Since mine have of cred. :jackoff:

So the Veneno is neck and neck now with a Vitesse? Before it was neck and neck until the Bugs turbos kick in... Instead of discussing and informing everyone with words... Simple procedure... Veneno meets 4 point scales, and then meets Vbox...

I shared my experiences. I do not owe you or anyone anything. I do not do VBOX, I don't even know how to use one. I am not a wannabe internet racer. Long before the Veneno or any other hyper car I have stated that I do not care about bragging rights and they're all fast enough IMO. If I cared I would just TT a Gallardo and smoke every other car.

My guess is the Veneno loses to a Mclaren 650S... Not putting down the Veneno, as it is amazing inmo. But as stated to me by people at Lamborghini, it is a rebodied Aventador, with reworked ECU and TCU... It could very well be slower than a stock Aventador..

No one at Lamborghini told you that. Certainly not anyone with direct knowledge of the product. Nice try!

Oh, and keep guessing! I'll keep living it. :icon_super:

I personally could careless which is faster... My point is dont preach to the choir, show the choir... If you are going to adamantly disparage other cars about similar points, prove the points, instead of telling others what you feel... Its like our buddy Ronin telling everyone his Elise went 0-125 in 5 seconds... We all know, feeling, and being faster are two entirely different scenarios, especially top end.. It would be interesting to see how a Veneno compares aerodynamically to a stock Aventador.

I am not quoting specific times because I don't know them and I don't care. That makes it completely different. I was sharing my experience from behind the seat and knowledge of materials and vendors used to create the cars we are discussing. I noted that it felt faster and acknowledge that it was probably deceiving.

Well there's one for sale in Manhattan. :)

It wasn't there anymore when I called. It was sent back to Europe and it isn't street legal - you would have to do Show and Display which doesn't interest me.

With all due respect, this is just a bunch of hoo ha.

If you want to be king of the hill, earn it. That means illustrating why you get to be king of the hill. Otherwise youre just self appointed and, well, anyone can do that. Just ask wiggs.

All this stuff about open offers and unique designs etc is just moving the goal posts. Flag on the play. :)

I don't care about being king of the hill of the internet car racer wannabes. My ego is too large to be affected by anything on 4 wheels. 😎

I am a hyper car owner and I have other hyper cars on order. I have researched all of them and I've decided which of them speak to me. I shared my opinions and driving experiences. I will not respond to challenges that do not benefit me in any way regarding things I just don't care about like vbox times.

That simply means in the same token...don't expect your unsubstantiated opinion to invalidate the opinion of the masses..what aren't you getting?

No, its because why should anyone get a free pass without having to back it up with more than a butt-dyno? Damnit people, wheres the accountability here! :lol:

He might not be getting why you are talking "for Kris' and not letting him defend himself?

Just a thought.

Aaron is one of my closest friends so he knows what I care about. I have discussed every car purchase with him. In fact, he was the ONLY person other than my wife that I discussed the Veneno with prior to purchasing it - no other family, friends, business partners, etc.

Just a thought.

He doesnt get it or YOU dont get it? I am not talking for him, he will have plenty to say, and has said a lot already. I find your comment laughable as you rush to Allan's defense. Next time think it through before you speak...just a thought.

If you insist! 😂👍

That was very rude. You only have my opinion because I represent 33% of the ownership and 100% of the owners who drive their Veneno. A guy in Hong Kong just paid a massive premium for the white trimmed Veneno. The green one is with me and not for sale and the red one is with Antoine. Maybe you can make a similar offer to him and just maybe you can buy one and share your experiences. Since mine have of cred. :jackoff:

I shared my experiences. I do not owe you or anyone anything. I do not do VBOX, I don't even know how to use one. I am not a wannabe internet racer. Long before the Veneno or any other hyper car I have stated that I do not care about bragging rights and they're all fast enough IMO. If I cared I would just TT a Gallardo and smoke every other car.

No one at Lamborghini told you that. Certainly not anyone with direct knowledge of the product. Nice try!

Oh, and keep guessing! I'll keep living it. :icon_super:

I am not quoting specific times because I don't know them and I don't care. That makes it completely different. I was sharing my experience from behind the seat and knowledge of materials and vendors used to create the cars we are discussing. I noted that it felt faster and acknowledge that it was probably deceiving.

It wasn't there anymore when I called. It was sent back to Europe and it isn't street legal - you would have to do Show and Display which doesn't interest me.

I don't care about being king of the hill of the internet car racer wannabes. My ego is too large to be affected by anything on 4 wheels. 😎

I am a hyper car owner and I have other hyper cars on order. I have researched all of them and I've decided which of them speak to me. I shared my opinions and driving experiences. I will not respond to challenges that do not benefit me in any way regarding things I just don't care about like vbox times.

So basicly what you are saying is that since you are able to afford these cars, and others are not, your opinion is all that matters and no one should question your seat of the pants feel. You should be able to freely discuss how you are the only one who drives them the way they were meant to be driven,so you can give out your opinions on other cars and how they compare. You dont care about numbers, but yet you care enough to argue your point, but yet not to prove it... Ok.. I understand... :turboalex:

He doesnt get it or YOU dont get it? I am not talking for him, he will have plenty to say, and has said a lot already. I find your comment laughable as you rush to Allan's defense. Next time think it through before you speak...just a thought.

Wouldnt same hold true for you?

That simply means in the same token...don't expect your unsubstantiated opinion to invalidate the opinion of the masses..what aren't you getting?

Seat experience vs reading magazine articles by journalists who have never been in the car.

Aaron has Veneno experience. 😎

No, its because why should anyone get a free pass without having to back it up with more than a butt-dyno? Damnit people, wheres the accountability here! :lol:

I didn't ask for a pass. I shared my opinion. I clearly stated that it was just my opinion. You can take it however you like. I didn't make any claims to specific performance figures so there is nothing for me to back up. I shared my opinion based on seat time in both.

"The Veneno is the fastest NA car ever to be fully street legal in the USA" doesnt read like an opinion but I guess this is not going in a productive direction at this point so Im going to go back to chewing rocks on the sideline.

Wouldnt same hold true for you?

I wasnt the one attacking someone for "speaking for Kris" while speaking for YOU, lol. Duh, you guys are really slow today.

"The Veneno is the fastest NA car ever to be fully street legal in the USA" doesnt read like an opinion but I guess this is not going in a productive direction at this point so Im going to go back to chewing rocks on the sideline.

Which NA car is faster?

So basicly what you are saying is that since you are able to afford these cars, and others are not, your opinion is all that matters and no one should question your seat of the pants feel. You should be able to freely discuss how you are the only one who drives them the way they were meant to be driven,so you can give out your opinions on other cars and how they compare. You dont care about numbers, but yet you care enough to argue your point, but yet not to prove it... Ok.. I understand... :turboalex:

I don't care about numbers I care about how the cars feel and how they make me feel. Whether I am walking up to them, driving them or just starring at them in my garage. I've always had the same opinion of exotic cars and the same criteria by which I judge them. Since I'll never vbox any car all I can give you is my opinions based on my measuring stick - not yours. Sorry that isn't want you are looking for but I am not sharing my opinion just for you and the two other people who complained that are interested in numbers more than feel.

Speed isn't the most important factor in a hypercar. They all need to be faster than the supercars priced below them, that's it. For a hyper-car you should get exclusivity, unique designs and you should feel where that extra money went. If you get lucky the car will also go up in value. With cars like the Aventador, creating a car that is significantly more attractive enough is a very difficult task. IMO The only cars that are currently for sale that achieve that are the Pagani Huayra, Bugatti Vitesse, and (if it ever becomes street legal) possibly the Koenigsegg Agera S - but I would have to drive one first.

Agree with this 100%. I don't car if my car is .02 seconds quicker and can get around the nurburgring in 2 seconds, who the hell cares :lol2: .....

And before people make the track argument, good track cars made for racing can be had for much less than most of these cars....

That's a fact. What's faster?

Aaron, how can one's OPINION be TRUE?

The weakest point I see so far is calling a P1 a souped up 650s.

Paskisho's first retort put it in perspective calling out the Veneno. The difference is that the P1 has been PROVEN to be much more than the 650 with real world test numbers.

Noone can confirm or deny Kris' claims about the Veneno. Riding in a car doing blasts on the street doesn't tell you anything but butt dyno.

I like and respect Kris, but Kris, making claims about the Veneno compared to the Vitesse. You have to look at anyone's perspective and know there will be doubt.

The Veneno can never be called the fastest NA US legal production car. It's never proven it. Anyone can make claims.

Aaron, how can one's OPINION be TRUE?

The weakest point I see so far is calling a P1 a souped up 650s.

Paskisho's first retort put it in perspective calling out the Veneno. The difference is that the P1 has been PROVEN to be much more than the 650 with real world test numbers.

Noone can confirm or deny Kris' claims about the Veneno. Riding in a car doing blasts on the street doesn't tell you anything but butt dyno.

I like and respect Kris, but Kris, making claims about the Veneno compared to the Vitesse. You have to look at anyone's perspective and know there will be doubt.

The Veneno can never be called the fastest NA US legal production car. It's never proven it. Anyone can make claims.

My opinion regarding the P1 were facts about the product. I have no experience worth speaking of with that car so all I have are facts.

My driving experiences are different since it's based on my personal experience.

What is the fastest NA street legal car that you know of?

Hey does everyone remember the hoopla surrounding the Reventon? How did that turn out when people actually did put them to the test...

Everything is faster until you prove otherwise..

If I ever decide to I'll let you know! Till then, that's fair. I'll give you that. 👍👍

My opinion regarding the P1 were facts about the product. I have no experience worth speaking of with that car so all I have are facts.

My driving experiences are different since it's based on my personal experience.

What is the fastest NA street legal car that you know of?

I'm going to have to stick with the f1. I'll also need to find you a source for proving it was street legal. From what I've read it passed emmisions and crash test, but only had to have more simple dot regulations altered to be US street legal such as rearview mirrors changed and adding turn indicators in front.