McLaren P1 vs. Bugatti Veyron

Destructo

I'm going to have to stick with the f1. I'll also need to find you a source for proving it was street legal. From what I've read it passed emmisions and crash test, but only had to have more simple dot regulations altered to be US street legal such as rearview mirrors changed and adding turn indicators in front.

The F1 is very impressive but it was not street legal. They're all here on Show and Display

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He doesnt get it or YOU dont get it? I am not talking for him, he will have plenty to say, and has said a lot already. I find your comment laughable as you rush to Allan's defense. Next time think it through before you speak...just a thought.

There once was some good advice I saw on an Internet car forum that might apply here.

...think it through before you speak...just a thought.

The F1 is very impressive but it was not street legal. They're all here on Show and Display

For arguement's sake, if f1 is excluded then it's probably the 50th anniversary coupe aventador that's king as it has proven numbers.

Not to say the Veneno isn't faster than the 50th, but in the record books unless tested the claim can't stand up to scrutiny.

For arguement's sake, if f1 is excluded then it's probably the 50th anniversary coupe aventador that's king as it has proven numbers.

Not to say the Veneno isn't faster than the 50th, but in the record books unless tested the claim can't stand up to scrutiny.

Ok. 👍

Well.. FikseGTS showed some Aventadors drag racing and they went no better than 11.1@129.. I believe some stock Viper SRTs have gone mid 10s@ 132+.. so I think that's the fastest n/a car..

Then we have the F12... which smokes the Aventador.. have we raced the Veneno against the Enzo yet? No? Ok.. there's another one.

This is a pretty cool list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automotive_superlatives

So the Ferrari LALALAFERRARI has the most powerful naturally aspirated production motor according to this list at 789hp. That may be a good race-no? LaLa without the electric motor?

Dumb question-Is the Veneno coupe really considered a production car with only 3 produced?? Truly dont know-not trying to be a smart a$$.

So the Ferrari LALALAFERRARI has the most powerful naturally aspirated production motor according to this list at 789hp. That may be a good race-no? LaLa without the electric motor?

Dumb question-Is the Veneno coupe really considered a production car with only 3 produced?? Truly dont know-not trying to be a smart a$$.

That's a legit question. I think 30 is the minimum considered for production status.

I'm confused the Veneno is the fastest naturally aspirated production car in North American? How did I miss that nugget.

I don't think being a production car is what's in question. It's the being road legal part that's being argued.

The Veneno should be compared to Jim's P4/5. Started with an Enzo, dumped millions into reengineering it and made something truly unique and special.

Wasn't he into that just over 4 Mill? Pretty close comparison to me

I'm confused the Veneno is the fastest naturally aspirated production car in North American? How did I miss that nugget.

I think we are at the point arguing about what defines as "production vehicle". Hell I think the Hennescrew POS is considering "World's Fastest Production Car" but that's only because they bought the title from Guinness World Record's, hardly an objective participant or sanctioning body.

I think we are at the point arguing about what defines as "production vehicle". Hell I think the Hennescrew POS is considering "World's Fastest Production Car" but that's only because they bought the title from Guinness World Record's, hardly an objective participant or sanctioning body.

I think Hennescrew did 29 on purpose to avoid the need for more costly testing.

I think Hennescrew did 29 on purpose to avoid the need for more costly testing.

You mean they didn't want to stress and crash test a hacked together Lotus with a Corvette turbo'd powertrain?

For shame!

:lol2:

If you insist! 😂👍

That was very rude. You only have my opinion because I represent 33% of the ownership and 100% of the owners who drive their Veneno. A guy in Hong Kong just paid a massive premium for the white trimmed Veneno. The green one is with me and not for sale and the red one is with Antoine. Maybe you can make a similar offer to him and just maybe you can buy one and share your experiences. Since mine have of cred. :jackoff:

I shared my experiences. I do not owe you or anyone anything. I do not do VBOX, I don't even know how to use one. I am not a wannabe internet racer. Long before the Veneno or any other hyper car I have stated that I do not care about bragging rights and they're all fast enough IMO. If I cared I would just TT a Gallardo and smoke every other car.

No one at Lamborghini told you that. Certainly not anyone with direct knowledge of the product. Nice try!

Oh, and keep guessing! I'll keep living it. :icon_super:

I am not quoting specific times because I don't know them and I don't care. That makes it completely different. I was sharing my experience from behind the seat and knowledge of materials and vendors used to create the cars we are discussing. I noted that it felt faster and acknowledge that it was probably deceiving.

It wasn't there anymore when I called. It was sent back to Europe and it isn't street legal - you would have to do Show and Display which doesn't interest me.

I don't care about being king of the hill of the internet car racer wannabes. My ego is too large to be affected by anything on 4 wheels. 😎

I am a hyper car owner and I have other hyper cars on order. I have researched all of them and I've decided which of them speak to me. I shared my opinions and driving experiences. I will not respond to challenges that do not benefit me in any way regarding things I just don't care about like vbox times.

I would like to think it is your ego that is turning you into an egocentric megalomaniac who thinks his shit doesn't stink as this is one the most condescending posts I have read in a long time. The fact that you can afford a Veneno, good for you btw, very nice car, does not make you the authority on cars, oh so sorry, Hyper cars as you say. Do you have any idea how stupid that statement sounds,( I have other hyper cars on order). Who give a fcuk if you do ?

Obviously you do even though you try and come across as a humble soul.

Allan, Pakisho, destructo etc the boys are right. Grow the fcuk up.

You mean they didn't want to stress and crash test a hacked together Lotus with a Corvette turbo'd powertrain?

For shame!

:lol2:

My thoughts exactly!! :lol2:

I would like to think it is your ego that is turning you into an egocentric megalomaniac who thinks his shit doesn't stink as this is one the most condescending posts I have read in a long time. The fact that you can afford a Veneno, good for you btw, very nice car, does not make you the authority on cars, oh so sorry, Hyper cars as you say. Do you have any idea how stupid that statement sounds,( I have other hyper cars on order). Who give a fcuk if you do ?

Did anyone get the number of that bus?

Where do you get that?

Obviously my post is not coming across the way I intended, and I accept fault since so many people have issues with what I've written.

My point was not to say that my opinion is more valid on any cars or hyper cars - my opinions are based on my experiences and I am a hyper car customer so I was sharing what attracts me to different hyper cars. It is a relatively new segment and there are a few different approaches to how the different brands are going about positioning their products. I was defining what I look for in a hyper car - not saying that others can't look for other things out of them. They make products for just about everyone.

I responded to Allan in a joking way since he made some statements to try to goad me into exploring vbox. Allan and I go at it all the time - even as recently as yesterday on text in a conversation unrelated to cars. I can see how you would take it the wrong way but it wasn't meant to offend.

I don't agree that being fast makes a car great. That's a small fraction of what interests me. I shared info about the Veneno that wasn't released at the time of the launch since the product was just completed (Geneva 2013) and hadn't been fully tested yet.

As far as your classless direct insults, good for you! I'm not upset. I respect everyone's opinion unless someone is just trying to argue or fight for no reason to be an internet tough guy, like you are above. If you don't respect my opinion, I really don't care. 😉👍

Where do you get that?

Obviously my post is not coming across the way I intended, and I accept fault since so many people have issues with what I've written.

My point was not to say that my opinion is more valid on any cars or hyper cars - my opinions are based on my experiences and I am a hyper car customer so I was sharing what attracts me to different hyper cars. It is a relatively new segment and their are a few different approaches to how the different brands are going about positioning their products. I was defining what I look for in a hyper car - not saying that others can't look for other things out of them. They make products for just about everyone.

I responded to Allan in a joking way since he made some statements to try to goad me into exploring vbox. Allan and I go at it all the time - even as recently as yesterday on text in a conversation unrelated to cars. I can see how you would take it the wrong way but it wasn't meant to offend.

I don't agree that being fast makes a car great. That's a small fraction of what interests me. I shared info about the Veneno that wasn't released at the time of the launch since the product was just completed (Geneva 2013) and hadn't been fully tested yet.

As far as your classless direct insults, good for you! I'm not upset. I respect everyone's opinion unless are just trying to argue or fight for no reason and be an internet tough guy, like you are above. If you don't respect my opinion, I really don't care. 😉👍

You are a bundle of contradictions and when you get called on them, you change your tune and act like a nice guy.

I have yet to see anyone so caught up by their self importance, yet so full of shit at the same time . If I am the internet tough guy, then your are the internet wealthy asshole telling people your opinion is better than theirs because you bought a car that only 3 people in the world own.

Not only do I not respect your opinion, I have lost respect for you.

Ah yes, you don't care, so keep acting like a jerk.

This was totally uncalled for....