McLaren P1 vs. Bugatti Veyron

Destructo

I'm starting to think the collective contempt for Asscelerators's posts was what kept these discussions from getting so polarized. :lol2:

If he were here we would be discussing how the P1 wasn't in race mode vs. the bug wasn't in top speed mode either, should have pulled over and adjusted to make it an even race, the P1 had one passenger vs. two, the Bug just filled up and the P1 was at a quarter tank, who had heavier luggage and ate a bigger breakfast, blah, blah, blah, blah. I almost miss it at this point. Almost.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are confused my dear friend. Up to 200mph+ the P1 is leaving the Veyron by a good amount. I'm not sure above 200mph+ as the specs aren't out but I assure you the P1 is faster in most situations.

All of these new gen supercars top out at somewhere around 350-370kmh.

Batteries & Electric motors without gearbox have zero power at those speeds and then they are only dead weight and you basically have top speed of what that petrol engine is capable to surmount air....

I think the best part.....they're all awesome cars. As Raginbull said..when your sitting with cash in hand you have a lot of choices and can go for whatever speaks to you. Honestly...all of these cars are more then fast enough and in different circumstances will perform better and worse then others. The video that sparked this convo wasn't conclusive of anything. Its funny how we get so worked up over whats faster when it's not even really quantifiable. On the track? In a drag race? Real world? Tight track or open track, 0-60 or 0-200?......its all just cock measuring...your a pretty big swinging dick when you reach this level...no matter what you choose.

You are a bundle of contradictions and when you get called on them, you change your tune and act like a nice guy.

I have yet to see anyone so caught up by their self importance, yet so full of shit at the same time . If I am the internet tough guy, then your are the internet wealthy asshole telling people your opinion is better than theirs because you bought a car that only 3 people in the world own.

Not only do I not respect your opinion, I have lost respect for you.

Ah yes, you don't care, so keep acting like a jerk.

I just don't see where I said that my opinion is more valid. I said that I based my opinions on driving experiences and that I do not use gps measuring devices. I guess that makes me a pretentious asshole. Sounds about right. 👌. Meanwhile, you're the guy making personal attacks on me for sharing an opinion and a few facts. Your insults will not cause me to lose any sleep and neither will your loss of respect for me. I hope you don't get so upset with people in the future over such trivial things - sounds like a very sad life. I will no longer respond to any further insults from you. If you bring anything valid to any future conversations, I will. So, if you wish to continue to bash me to boost your ego, have at it! :jerry: Plenty of people on this forum know me outside of it. I have nothing to prove.

RB you must be humble it's the best trait one in your position can have, also you must be willing, not that you owe anything to anyone, you must be willing to share with people who aren't and maybe never will be in your position, I don't get your unwillingness to "play ball" with people here, your best friend in the world, which you practically consider family was called VBOXKING, you are claiming you don't even know how to use a VBOX, that's funny right there.

I will clarifying something before I go further, I agree 100% with all your views about the importance of speed and all other parameters set for testing by journalists, etc. I do not care which cars are faster, goes around the ring faster etc. I only care about the way a car makes ME feel, if I get butterflies in my stomach when I look at it, listen to it, drive it. Based on the above I am with you 100% the biggest issue I see is you coming out with statements which you can not back up due to your unwillingness to test your car, for reasons which make zero sense to me, if you don't care about numbers why wouldn't you? If you aren't willing to participate do not even start a conversation about it, you are attracting unnecessary attention and requests which you aren't willing to fulfill nor back up.

Your Veneno VBOX numbers would make zero difference to me, I always skip over VBOX numbers it makes no difference to me how fast a certain vehicle is, driven by someone I don't know in an area which I probably never visit in my entire life, why would I worry about those things? there are so many variables to performance.

You don't owe it to anyone but you are in the position to be kind and generous a willing participant which could easily satisfy the curiosity of those who have passion for it and will never have the chance to do it themselves , you always state your generosity, participation in charity events, wanted to hit the streets in the Veneno for charities etc.

Personally I would do it I couldn't be so selfish but that's just me, I'd give you the shirt off my back, in real life and on the Internet, the way you see me act here is the exact way you will get when you see me in real life, I do not put on a show.

I'd re read Daddyo's post, get over the harsh words ( that's how the big man talks :icon_thumleft: ) and you will find lots of truth in it, not sure if you remember, you've met us in Italy, do you remember how that conversation went? :icon_mrgreen:

Just my 2c, please carry on :icon_thumleft:

Aaron, how can one's OPINION be TRUE?

The weakest point I see so far is calling a P1 a souped up 650s.

Paskisho's first retort put it in perspective calling out the Veneno. The difference is that the P1 has been PROVEN to be much more than the 650 with real world test numbers.

Noone can confirm or deny Kris' claims about the Veneno. Riding in a car doing blasts on the street doesn't tell you anything but butt dyno.

I like and respect Kris, but Kris, making claims about the Veneno compared to the Vitesse. You have to look at anyone's perspective and know there will be doubt.

The Veneno can never be called the fastest NA US legal production car. It's never proven it. Anyone can make claims.

When opinions and facts line up that makes them true. The P1 is not worth 4 x the cost of a 650s IMO. If you think it is, then thats great, you have every right to buy the car you want. Yes its faster, but in reality that extra speed doesnt do much for anyone on the street. The P1 and 650s can and will be mistaken for each other, and that is a problem with a hypercar. I think a hypercar should stand alone above its other models in every respect. The ThethetheFerrari is not going to be mistaken for a 458 or f12, and the 918 is not going to be mistaken for a 911 Turbo. A Veyron and a Huayra will not be mistaken for anything else. The 650s negated my interest in the P1, especially since it comes in spider form. Think of it as more of a testament to the 650s if it helps you sleep at night. :icon_thumleft:

I just don't see where I said that my opinion is more valid. I said that I based my opinions on driving experiences and that I do not use gps measuring devices. I guess that makes me a pretentious asshole. Sounds about right. 👌. Meanwhile, you're the guy making personal attacks on me for sharing an opinion and a few facts. Your insults will not cause me to lose any sleep and neither will your loss of respect for me. I hope you don't get so upset with people in the future over such trivial things - sounds like a very sad life. I will no longer respond to any further insults from you. If you bring anything valid to any future conversations, I will. So, if you wish to continue to bash me to boost your ego, have at it! :jerry: Plenty of people on this forum know me outside of it. I have nothing to prove.

You are right, you have nothing to prove, you have shown enough about your character . Maybe before you post something stupid next, you think first.

You are right, you have nothing to prove, you have shown enough about your character . Maybe before you post something stupid next, you think first.

Character? 👌😂😂😂😂😂👍

The reason why I chose the P1 over all the others is because I like the way it looks, we can all agree that the performance of these cars well exceed the ability of 99% of the people with funds in their bank accounts to purchase them.

The 650 I wouldn't take on for free, I mean it, I would and sell it right away :icon_mrgreen: but not if I was forced to keep it, I always go for looks :icon_mrgreen:

RB - And maybe you can't even answer this, but as part of not letting any magazines test the car, did they require you to waive the right to publish any of your own test results?

Character? 👌😂😂😂😂😂👍

Look it up on google if it helps.

RB - And maybe you can't even answer this, but as part of not letting any magazines test the car, did they require you to waive the right to publish any of your own test results?

At the risk of speaking for RB :icon_mrgreen: It's his own car I am sure he could do whatever he wanted with it.

RB you must be humble it's the best trait one in your position can have, also you must be willing, not that you owe anything to anyone, you must be willing to share with people who aren't and maybe never will be in your position, I don't get your unwillingness to "play ball" with people here, your best friend in the world, which you practically consider family was called VBOXKING, you are claiming you don't even know how to use a VBOX, that's funny right there.

I will clarifying something before I go further, I agree 100% with all your views about the importance of speed and all other parameters set for testing by journalists, etc. I do not care which cars are faster, goes around the ring faster etc. I only care about the way a car makes ME feel, if I get butterflies in my stomach when I look at it, listen to it, drive it. Based on the above I am with you 100% the biggest issue I see is you coming out with statements which you can not back up due to your unwillingness to test your car, for reasons which make zero sense to me, if you don't care about numbers why wouldn't you? If you aren't willing to participate do not even start a conversation about it, you are attracting unnecessary attention and requests which you aren't willing to fulfill nor back up.

Your Veneno VBOX numbers would make zero difference to me, I always skip over VBOX numbers it makes no difference to me how fast a certain vehicle is, driven by someone I don't know in an area which I probably never visit in my entire life, why would I worry about those things? there are so many variables to performance.

You don't owe it to anyone but you are in the position to be kind and generous a willing participant which could easily satisfy the curiosity of those who have passion for it and will never have the chance to do it themselves , you always state your generosity, participation in charity events, wanted to hit the streets in the Veneno for charities etc.

Personally I would do it I couldn't be so selfish but that's just me, I'd give you the shirt off my back, in real life and on the Internet, the way you see me act here is the exact way you will get when you see me in real life, I do not put on a show.

I'd re read Daddyo's post, get over the harsh words ( that's how the big man talks :icon_thumleft: ) and you will find lots of truth in it, not sure if you remember, you've met us in Italy, do you remember how that conversation went? :icon_mrgreen:

vbox:

My wife doesn't care about cars at all and she is the closest person in the world to me. And I don't care about the latest yoga gear at lulu lemon. Why can't my best friend enjoy the numbers side of cars as well as the driving experience while I only care about the later?

Grande Giro:

I remember meeting but unfortunately we didn't get to talk much.

LPD:

He came at me with insults and accusations with no substance. I have no respect for that or him. I doubt he conducts himself like that in the real world. It wouldn't work out too well for him.

Threads:

I usually stay out of the hyper car threads because everyone always shouts "Veneno." Then, my opinions are viewed as arrogant because I've driven some of them and I do not care about vbox times. Even the VBOXKING understands where I am coming from. 😉

Times:

I hope Lamborghini decides to release the post testing figures. They may mean nothing to you and I but I am sure many people on here would enjoy having that information.

The reason why I chose the P1 over all the others is because I like the way it looks, we can all agree that the performance of these cars well exceed the ability of 99% of the people with funds in their bank accounts to purchase them.

The 650 I wouldn't take on for free, I mean it, I would and sell it right away :icon_mrgreen: but not if I was forced to keep it, I always go for looks :icon_mrgreen:

I respect that!! 👍👍

I did not sign anything like that. I could give the car to any magazine I want for testing but that doesn't interest me. They beat on them pretty hard and it wouldn't benefit me in any way.

At the risk of speaking for RB :icon_mrgreen: It's his own car I am sure he could do whatever he wanted with it.

Correct!

Look it up on google if it helps.

Man, you're on a roll... At making yourself look like an ass. Keep it up!! You must have been a bad ass on the playground at 12 years old. Total bad ass. 💪👱👍

Now now leave us peons to bicker about cars, don't you have a rooftop helipad and escape capsule to install in your dr. evil compound? :eusa_dance: :icon_mrgreen:

Should do the numbers or run the cars against others which must have happened even with your own other cars, it's all good fun anyway and gives a rough idea, I can't really believe you haven't done this already given you seem to drive them a lot. No one really cares about the end result and I don't really see the big deal, guess opinion vs fact that you talk which people have an issue with.

Although can see why people are asking for some numbers as you have put some pretty big unsubstantiated claims out there and if it were any other member I think you would have been asked long ago to back up what you have been saying.

I think everyone likes you and your contributions it's purely that you started to sound like your opinion was fact because you believed it, it seems to be getting personal now which is unnecessary.

Your car do whatever you enjoy with, your experience seems very positive but avoid talking numbers with the numbers geeks on here as if you are even a fraction off they will jump on you.

Kris and I do not talk about Vbox numbers very often, if at all. It was clear to me from day one when I met him that he cared nothing about performance numbers. I used to care a lot about numbers, about being the fastest, and was very into Vboxing and proving things. I am not really into it like before because I realized it is just a small component of what makes a car fun/great. If I cared, I would have a UGR 2X package Gallardo with 2500hp. I still do a little Vboxing from time to time for fun and to share a little bit with everyone, although I don't feel any obligation to. All I can say is, that until you own a Veneno you cannot say what you would or wouldn't do with it. It's like when people on camera say if I had a million dollars I would give it all to charity. Yeah, how many times has that happened. I know Kris and his character, and I think Lpdaddy's post was the first personal attack of the thread, uncalled for, and very childish. His ego got the best of him (ironic given his post I know), and instead of cheering it on, you should be speaking out against that type of behavior.

Let's all just have some Kebob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) and watch Top Gear :icon_pidu:

Should do the numbers or run the cars against others which must have happened even with your own other cars, it's all good fun anyway and gives a rough idea, I can't really believe you haven't done this already given you seem to drive them a lot. No one really cares about the end result and I don't really see the big deal, guess opinion vs fact that you talk which people have an issue with.

Although can see why people are asking for some numbers as you have put some pretty big unsubstantiated claims out there and if it were any other member I think you would have been asked long ago to back up what you have been saying.

I think everyone likes you and your contributions it's purely that you started to sound like your opinion was fact because you believed it, it seems to be getting personal now which is unnecessary.

Your car do whatever you enjoy with, your experience seems very positive but avoid talking numbers with the numbers geeks on here as if you are even a fraction off they will jump on you.

This is the best post in this thread regarding my comments. I get it, and I see the error in the delivery of my opinion. Thank you!

"feeling faster" and actually "being faster" can be very far apart.... I took someone for a ride in my STS and 12C, they said the STS was faster.... how can that be when the 12C leaves the STS in the dust??

my opinion which I'm sure won't surprise anyone, is that if you're going to pound the keyboard and brag about how fast a car is, then prove it, it's not like it's difficult or hard to do.... to brag and not do it gives me the impression the car isn't all it's cracked up to be performance-wise, and the bragging is some kind of justification for the purchase, which certainly isn't needed with such a badass car...

RE: P1 vs Veyron, of course the P1 is going to win to it's top speed of 217MPH...

AND batteries are the answer, might be a while, but you'll see...

Now now leave us peons to bicker about cars, don't you have a rooftop helipad and escape capsule to install in your dr. evil compound? :eusa_dance: :icon_mrgreen:

I know, LP is keeping me here it's 8 am and I should be there guiding my troupes :lol2:

I better leave!

Man, you're on a roll... At making yourself look like an ass. Keep it up!! You must have been a bad ass on the playground at 12 years old. Total bad ass. 💪👱👍

I thought you were done. Goes to prove my point.

As far as looking like an ass, your moronic posts are in a league of their own. I will add I more adjective to your wonderful profile, attention whore.

Have you not written enough bullshit yet ?

He's exactly the same in real life a total bad ass! I am serious! I think he's trying very hard to be as kind as he is online!