McLaren P1 vs. Bugatti Veyron

Destructo

"feeling faster" and actually "being faster" can be very far apart.... I took someone for a ride in my STS and 12C, they said the STS was faster.... how can that be when the 12C leaves the STS in the dust??

my opinion which I'm sure won't surprise anyone, is that if you're going to pound the keyboard and brag about how fast a car is, then prove it, it's not like it's difficult or hard to do.... to brag and not do it gives me the impression the car isn't all it's cracked up to be performance-wise, and the bragging is some kind of justification for the purchase, which certainly isn't needed with such a badass car...

RE: P1 vs Veyron, of course the P1 is going to win to it's top speed of 217MPH...

AND batteries are the answer, might be a while, but you'll see...

Got it. I didn't mean to brag. Really, speed is a side note to me. It's not something I would factor much into a decision to buy a car. I think time accomplishments are impressive, but I always go with what is more fun to me. I understand that some people love numbers and I respect that. I should have worded my post a little differently.

We will see about batteries. I think a more efficient technology will come soon.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like Fortis put it better with words: Top Trumps data is propably more important to us who can not drive the stuff you do, but dream about them and always wonder how they are like.

Seeing videos, having the numbers, seeing Chris Harris trashing it on track, Jeremy Clarkson saying painting anecdotes and having Shmee getting all excited about the helps us who drive a bit (a lot) lesser metal to put them in to context with something what we have experienced.

Sharing supercar experience in anyway with us aficionados is always a plus and reason why many of us are here.

ps. I think TVR Speed 12 would still be the most powerful NA-engined car.

I know Kris and his character, and I think Lpdaddy's post was the first personal attack of the thread, uncalled for, and very childish. His ego got the best of him (ironic given his post I know), and instead of cheering it on, you should be speaking out against that type of behavior.

I know Kris and his character also and it only took me 5 minutes to figure him out, I do not have time now because I must run, I will be back and let you know of my encounter with Kris and my opinion of the whole lot and then you can draw your own conclusions.

I have nothing against anyone but unless you've met both in person you aren't really in the position of forming an opinion about them, there are reasons behind Aram's posts which you aren't aware of I would stay out of this without first hand info.

Anyway got to run now, you boys have fun!

I know Kris and his character also and it only took me 5 minutes to figure him out, I do not have time now because I must run, I will be back and let you know of my encounter with Kris and my opinion of the whole lot and then you can draw your own conclusions.

I have nothing against anyone but unless you've met both in person you aren't really in the position of forming an opinion about them, there are reasons behind Aram's posts which you aren't aware of I would stay out of this without first hand info.

Anyway got to run now, you boys have fun!

I forgot that you are always the most qualified person on every subject in every thread on the forum, its your world, and we just all live in it. :rolleyes:

In any event, just to be crystal clear, I am in the perfect position to form any opinion I want about whoever I want, I dont need your permission. I dont care what the reasons are for his behavior....past, present or future....personal attacks are uncalled for on this forum, and last I checked, Kris doesn't conduct himself in that manner.

Going back on topic for a second... Inmo, If you are going to outright state that the Veneno is the fastest N/A car ever produced, then you should be willing to prove that point. Inmo, the Veneno is certainly the most amazing looking vehicle produced. The cars monument is visual, and exclusive. Not performance in any aspect. I can understand not releasing any performance figures on the car, as then the public flood gates would open with negative comments of lack of performance by people who dont understand that the car is not just about the numbers.

A similar example was when I at first, and then Aaron said the SLR was faster than the Lp640... Everyone cried bullshit, and the proof was in our numbers, even more so Aarons numbers than mine since he owned both and vboxed both on the same stretch of road. So if you are going to state it is the fastest, you need to prove its the fastest.

As for RB, we talk all the time. Ive spoken to others who have met him in person, and I reserve judgement on anyone until I meet them. After all, Im a special kind of wonderful as well.. But lets face it, you have come up with some doozies..

Even more on topic.....

Jump or no, DAT KERS!

For the engineers 'ahem emanon' I certainly see an advantage from standstill Kers vs quad turbo. In this roll in race with the turbos in spool does the Kers power delivery type still put it at an advantage.

Even more on topic.....

Jump or no, DAT KERS!

For the engineers 'ahem emanon' I certainly see an advantage from standstill Kers vs quad turbo. In this roll in race with the turbos in spool does the Kers power delivery type still put it at an advantage.

IMO the power delivery was superior on the P1 while it took the turbos a bit.

Even more on topic.....

Jump or no, DAT KERS!

Absolutely. Even with turbo's in spool they are not going to make full boost immediately unless he's already at WOT. All other items equal (Driver, Weight, Power, reaction time, etc) the KERS vehicle will absolutely take the jump. For the long haul it's about efficiency and I am not sure a battery car (Currently) is going to be able to sustain an open track race environment at higher power levels. The turbos will heat soak, but the batteries will lose charge and not produce enough power. When the first Prius' were released, those thing could spin tire from a stand still like nobody's business because they hadn't regulated the torque delivery properly yet, electric motors are a monster for torque delivery and maintaining as long as the power is there to drive the motors.

Gentlemen

I am glad to say Kris and I resolved our issues.

No more off topic replies please.

Thank you.

Gentlemen

Thank you.

so you sent him a Vbox ? :eek3dance:

Man did things escalate quickly here...

Boy-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

:frocket: JUST STAY DOWN, PEOPLE. I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT'S CLEAR!

:telephone: Saber Two Two we need air support in grid Lima-Papa-zero-fife-niner!! We're in contact, danger close, repeat danger close, call when ready for nine-line! :frocket: :fsniper:

Gentlemen

Thank you.

Great news! I have met you both in person and I look up to both of you, so this is good to hear!

IMO I agree with fikse about the P1 being quicker to at least 150, but we all know the bug is the top speed king...

I would be very happy with all of the above P1, veyron, veneno, pagani, even the ThethetheFerrari , but I must say looks wise the veneno has them beat! (Pics and in person)

Even more on topic.....

Jump or no, DAT KERS!

So... is it possible to brake boost a Veyron? I'm guessing if you tried it in a P1 you would find out the electronics are programmed to assume you are an imbecilic American, probably from Texas, and the car would promptly self destruct to avoid having it's magnificence further desecrated. How about in the more plebeian 12C?

Genuinely curious about how the cars have been programmed to act when both pedals are pushed simultaneously.

I forgot that you are always the most qualified person on every subject in every thread on the forum, its your world, and we just all live in it. :rolleyes:

In any event, just to be crystal clear, I am in the perfect position to form any opinion I want about whoever I want, I dont need your permission. I dont care what the reasons are for his behavior....past, present or future....personal attacks are uncalled for on this forum, and last I checked, Kris doesn't conduct himself in that manner.

Really? I can't say I am surprised by your comment, for some reason you have very little "love" for me :icon_mrgreen: in spite of your claims during our PM exchanges I always knew the way you felt about me, it's all good, you are entitled to your own opinion.

I have never insulted you, en contraire, I had only words of admiration and respect for you so please return the favor, please do not insult me, the only thing I am trying to do is contribute to this community with offering my opinions and sharing experiences, if that pisses you off there is nothing I can do about it, that's something you have to deal with, if I am incorrect I am happy for you to bring it to my attention, I will apologise and rectify it but that won't happen very often because I generally think before I speak :icon_thumleft:

Let me clarify few things for you because I see you are getting quite emotional about this, the discussion/exchange between RB and LP Daddy stems from things which were said during a conversation which you were NOT part of, you must've misunderstood me, I have never said you can't have an opinion what I meant was that you aren't qualified, in this instance, to offer your opinion relating to this particular exchange because you were NOT there, does this make sense now?

As you can see for yourself the issue was addressed in private by both of them and now it's all water under the bridge, that's the reason why I was backing up LP Daddy, I was aware of the situation first hand, situation resolved life goes on.

We're getting so bad at fighting on LP... even the insults have "with all due respect" before them, then a slight pinch... lol

Glad some LP heavyweights were able to resolve their differences. I only caught up to this thread on page 7, so it was an interesting read with a happy ending.

Just to the point of people confusing P1 with 650S... I just can't see that happening. Maybe somebody who's not familiar with cars at all and doesn't even know what a McLaren is would confuse them, but not anyone with any knowledge of the brand. And even if they do, I thought it wasn't about what the public thought and more what spoke to the owner to buy the car.

Just to the point of people confusing P1 with 650S... I just can't see that happening. Maybe somebody who's not familiar with cars at all and doesn't even know what a McLaren is would confuse them, but not anyone with any knowledge of the brand. And even if they do, I thought it wasn't about what the public thought and more what spoke to the owner to buy the car.

You are right that it shouldn't be about what the public thinks. But to be fair, I think a lot of people across all the brands won't admit it, but they are looking for some validation through admiration of strangers.

The "I gotta have the best and brightest before 'that guy'" kind of crowd will flip cars, brands, models all for the sake of trying to "stay current" and be on the "cutting edge" of popular and internet envy. It's not that they don't know what they like, (hint: It's not cars, it's attention), they just know what to use to get it.