McLaren P1 vs. Bugatti Veyron

Destructo

Interesting results from vmax different drivers, etc so a bit of variance in that but interesting none the less

Koenigsegg CCX 211

911 9E GT 210

McLaren P1 209

RUF CTR3 207

Audi R8 V10 TT 205

Lamborghini Aventador AVV 204

Ferrari F12 202

Ferrari Enzo 201

Porsche 991 Turbo 201

Porsche 993 GT2 201

Porsche Carrera GT 199

Porsche 997 Turbo Cab 199

Ford GT 198

Nissan GTR 198

Ferrari FF 197

Ultima 1000 GTR 197

Porsche 991 Turbo S 196

Lambo Gallardo Superleggera 196

Porsche 997 GT2 196

Porsche 996 Turbo S 196

Porsche 997 Turbo S Cab 195

Lamborghini Gallardo 195

Ford GT 193

Audi R8 V10 192

Porsche 997 Turbo2 192

Ferrari 458 Speciale 192

Ferrari 458 Spider 192

Mercedes CLK DTM 191

Ferrari 458 191

Audi R8 V10 191

Ferrari 458 Spider 191

Lambo Gallardo 191

McLaren SLR 190

McLaren 650 S 190

Audi R8 GT 189

Shelby GT500 189

Nissan GTR 188

Merc SLS 187

Ultima GTR 186

Audi R8 V10 185

Lambo Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder 181

Jaguar F-Type 180

Porsche 997 GT3 180

Bentley Continental GT Speed 179

Bentley GT Speed 175

Porsche Cayman S 175

Porsche Boxster S 175

Aston Martin Vantage S roadster 173

A little OT here:

Hitting 185, 200 mph is such an underrated achievement these days. I believe the 550 Maranello was certified to 194, and the F12 which is light years quicker only good up to 202.

Same could probably be said for Diablo vs. Aventador.

People take it for granted, and I wonder if manufacturers are trading downforce for top end, as not a whole lot has progressed in 20+ years on the top end for the bulk of these cars.

It's been said that 300 km/hr (186 mph) is all you really need, and from those who do those speeds regularly, anything more than that is quite a bit more stressful to maintain on public roads of any sort.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sometimes they may not be presented in a diplomatic way and none of us are race car drivers...

"Bitch, I just won Le Mans. What more do I need to do to qualify?"/Webster

What an interesting thread.

At the end of the day any forum is simply building anecdotal and qualitative data for us to use in deciding which cars to love and buy. There are magazines, performance tests, and manufacturer data to give us the numbers to make decisions from but these comments supplement that with true owner remarks, experiences, and opinions.

To that end comments from people like Kris and Aaron are extremely valuable because, regardless of their motivation, they have actual experience with the cars. Sometimes they may not be presented in a diplomatic way and none of us are race car drivers but anyone who doesn't give credence to what they say should definitely question the motivation for using a reference like this.

The 650S/P1, Aventador/Veneno, Speciale/F12/ThethetheFerrari questions of value will always come up. There is not enough marginal space for performance improvement to justify the price premium in most cases but the value is based much more on production numbers and exclusivity. As far as that goes, it is always tough to beat the Veneno.

Depending on the criteria it is hard to say that there is a faster US Legal NA (non-hybrid) car than an LP720 Aventador and the expectation would obviously be than a Veneno would be faster than that. I don't see a valid argument against this claim.

All good fun and certainly entertaining.

Pontificate:

1. express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic.

2. to speak or express your opinion about something in a way that shows that you think you are always right

I think the issue the mods & other members took offense to was KS self anointed "pontificator" attitude as being the only one to have experience something you (you is general) didn't.

/thread /forum. How the fcuk can any of us ever say shit again? That's the ultimate fcuking comeback... "I like chicken"... "I like steak and I won LeMans..." "Yeah... You win..."

I'd seriously buy a T-Shirt that said "STFU, I won LeMans"

I'd just walk around in my race suit, all the time.

I've avoided this thread largely because this was a video of a decade old Teutonic engineering marvel going up against the latest batshit crazy roadcar from Woking. To compare them against each other for anything other than "What should I buy with my ~1MM burning a whole in my pocket?" is ridiculous. I believe the Bug was driven by Ben Chen, the same man who crashed a much slower car into a shed and competely threw Koenigsegg under the bus by calling it a "hunk of shit." Needless to say, he can't drive and is obviously blind.

Anyone calling the P1 similar to the 12C needs their head re-examined. Watch this at 2:05 and look at the facts - they are very different cars.

And of course, all this is just opinion. I don't like to see anyone get tossed into the lion's den, but you cannot make unsubstantiated claims and throw around a piece of meat and not expect to be pounced on. This is the type of crap that doesn't fly in 2014. It might have in the middle of the desert a few thousand years ago, but not today. We want evidence. If you refuse the VBOX then fine - Enjoy owning a 4MM hypercar that is essentially a rebodied Aventador that looks like a spaceship and is the epitome of exclusivity in an already over-saturated hypercar market. Honestly, if it gives you pleasure and you don't mind spending your hard-earned dollars on it - who cares?! This is about fun, pleasure, and experience.

• 2 weeks later...

interesting thread, i had missed it

i was at the last dinner in Sant #### and seen-chatted 1 minut with raginbull but unfortunately i did not recognize LPDADDY and others or i would have said hi to them

i missed the discussion so i cannot judge-comment

on the topic: if someone is interested in times of one car i know and would send me the VBOX i can test one car just for the fun of it ...why not?

we are car passionate and drive them is the funniest part, to make one launch is no big deal

i am not sure there is interest in timing one of my old slow dogs LOL .... doubt someone would be interested in knowing the LOOOOONG time the 308 would take from 60-130 mph :aiwebs_017:

i see no big deals if my cars are slow, i like them for the joy of driver's feel, look and sound

i do not care so much about numbers but cannot understand why not give a try if there is SO MUCH interest from many members?

i am not a good drag racer though ...so possibly someone could get better numbers than me on same cars