Newport Lambo got a 25th Anniv

Allan-Herbie

Wtf. Anniversaries were 120-140k just a few months ago. Even Joe Ballsackeys one of one silver with red interior sold for just over $200.

The Bianco perlato anniversary at Cannepa was $220 because of the rare color. Twice as much now? C'mon..

This is getting fookin' insane. Wow. Didn't the Mayan calendar predict something about a voracious angry bull pronounced Coontatcho savaging the Earth and bringing an end to humanity in 2015 or something like that?

Wtf. Anniversaries were 120-140k just a few months ago. Even Joe Ballsackeys one of one silver with red interior sold for just over $200.

The Bianco perlato anniversary at Cannepa was $220 because of the rare color. Twice as much now? C'mon..

Its been more than a few months since 120K prices...

I may have been off a bit but I was following 25ths a lot. Here's January of last year as one example.

http://mycarquest.com/2013/01/car-of-the-d...i-countach.html 3-4 times that in a year?! Wtf.

Mr Claws, the white on red Countach in your add needed so much work done to it. Look at that front bumper, engine bay is a mess, interior needs a full redo. I talked with Roy about that one and it was a bit of a basket case!

Where do you see the price?

I heard they received the car immediately after they got it, and called for price.. Its funny, as they really dont know how they are basing this price. They informed me, well the last we heard of was a 86 that sold at auction for 319k with more miles.. So this one is an 89 and we are pricing it at 399k... When I told them they were comparing a common Anniversary to a downdraft in price, they stopped replying.. In the end, hope they get it..

At this point in time 400k for an anniv. is just plain stupid. But back when Sackey sold his for over 200, I said that was stupid also....go figure. Glad I got mine when I did. When will this madness end????

$399K is about what decent 2012 Aventadors are going for now. Which would you rather have? Me personally, I'll keep my '87 FI.

me too, The new cars dont do anything for me. I dont care what mine is worth, I am having too much fun with it :) It wil be on the market when I am too old to climb in and out of it, and then after that when I am tired of looking at it.

me too, The new cars dont do anything for me. I dont care what mine is worth, I am having too much fun with it :) It wil be on the market when I am too old to climb in and out of it, and then after that when I am tired of looking at it.

Im the same way... Dont get me wrong.. I like the Aventador, I like the Huracan. All these new hypercars are extraordinary... But I dont love them, and have zero desire to own them.

At this point in time 400k for an anniv. is just plain stupid. But back when Sackey sold his for over 200, I said that was stupid also....go figure. Glad I got mine when I did. When will this madness end????

The market has moved faster than anyone thought possible. Bubble or catch up? Probably both.

Im the same way... Dont get me wrong.. I like the Aventador, I like the Huracan. All these new hypercars are extraordinary... But I dont love them, and have zero desire to own them.

Extraordinary, but not iconic. The production numbers alone are bleeding that iconic aura from them.

Some cars have done better than others. Carrera GT if they get it, is about triple the value in asking price. Ironically, my 930 has also tripled in asking prices. My Countach also triple in asking prices. But with all asking prices, I wonder what they are really getting. The 87FI with an ask of 325 is still available though. I think these stupid asking prices have driven the real car guys out, hence less potential buyers, then the bubble pops. Looks like 1989 again