World Cup. Copa Mundial.

Roman

So... What's the deal with the holding hands with kids thing when they walk in? I don't get that.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... What's the deal with the holding hands with kids thing when they walk in? I don't get that.

Use the kids as mascots to encourage youth in the game and bring a more family values to the game. Kids get to meet their heros etc.

Often in domestic matches they have kids from local children's hospitals or those with other disadvantages.

Incredible match between Brazil and Chile, I have no nails left...

It was amazing even down to the PK's.

I missed the Brazil game as had to go out and meet someone but I am going to watch that in a bit. I did see that goal. So sweet. When you play and you hit the crossbar, for some strange reason it is so satisfying that it feels like a win. To do off a volley, in the world cup. Just wow.

Going forward, the key defensive midfielder for Brazil is ineligible to play so should be interesting to see how this sub standard Brazil team go on.

Great photo from that goal. This kid is great, that goal gets better and better the more you watch it. The look towards goal when the ball comes in, the way he moves the cushioned chest down and poooow.

_75916451_6c852c5a-e31c-4722-88f7-1f6101

Not sure in Celsius, but they were saying around 120F...nucking futz to play at those temps!

And are they ever going to penalize flops or dives?

Great game. Another one of those where you didn't want either team to be a loser.

+1

Weirdest one ever!

Would have been nice to see a 'geria win. They needed an exemption from Ramadan fasting. Can't imagine playing a full game without eating anything all day.

So the bbc write an article on a topic on why the Americans don't get diving:flopping in "soccccar".

It ends on a sentence that I have been saying all along, the US has yet to be in a position to win anything yet, see how they feel about diving when one of their players dives to get into a game winning position.