Never ever thought I would post in this forum but

Camel Toe Juice

First off, congrats! It's a lot of car for the money. Enjoy.

I think the entire GTR-mystique has been blown out of proportion a bit especially in North America. The Fast & Furious franchise certainly helped the car to reach that level. The fact that until now, previous GTR's were not available adds that exclusivity. But at the end of the day, it is a regular production Nissan (and I meant that in a sincere positive way). Yes, there is the thing about only a handful of "takumi" who are qualified to assemble the GTR engine etc... (Btw, IMO, I don't really agree with the translation of takumi being "artisan". "Craftsman" would be a proper term and that's as high-level as I would go.) But isn't that the same for the AMG engines or even the pre-BMW/VW-era Rolls Royce/Bentley? Any dealership has their own head mechanic too so I see this takumi thing as a marketing tool more than anything else. Keep in mind the Nissan makes hundreds and thousands of cars a year so picking a few men with the best skills from the engine assembly line and christen them a title isn't really a big deal. The rest of the car, as Allan had said, is built like a Nissan and nothing is wrong is that because it is exact that. So it's a mass-produced consumer product made with regular quality materials; no more, no less.

It goes like stink, yes. The Porsche turbo and the Nurburgring lap are the goals that the GTR chases. Nissan and the GTR team will do everything they can to excel in those goals. Not much more beyond that because the price will rise exponentially after that and it will affect the market. Sorry but I respectfully disagree that it is the best car in the world. It is a very good car for what it is. But it is not the best. I would say the interior quality of a GTR matches that of a Ford Mustang. In fact, there are many things between these two cars that are eerily similar.

Personally, I still prefer the Skyline R34 GTR with the famous RB26DETT engine. But the Green-Earth-Brigade will not allow its continuing survival so that's that. The Skyline was much truer to the race car (the RB designation in the engine stands for Race Bred) and, IMO, it looks a lot better than the current model. For the purist, the R32 GTR is probably even more desirable but they are getting old and a regular consumer-grade Nissan doesn't last that long. I think the R32 is on the downside of the parabolic curve. The current GTR has way too many electronics. Limp mode is one thing and in Japan, it's actually worse. The car's GPS is per-programmed with all the legit race tracks in Japan so when a car is there, it kicks into "race mode" and you can then go tracking. But afterward, it automatically goes into limp mode and stays there. You must take the car to the Nissan dealership for service in order to reset it out of limp mode. I.e. the car lets you race but you must take the car to service after that; no exception. I doubt it does that in the US but being constantly in limp mode is probably equally frustrating.

That being said, it really is a lot of car for the money. It comfortably sits 4 (medium physique, of course) and still have a large enough trunk to carry lots of luggage. It can be used as a DD. It has enough performance without mods (just don't expect super car performance on a continuing long-term basis). Despite its porky looks (to me anyway, sorry), it still turns heads because of what it is. And it definitely has its followers. On top of it, it's has a high tolerance for mods although, like Allan said, beyond a certain threshold it no longer is just a bolt-on as it will require substantial modifications. It probably is the highest performance Japanese car available for now and had been so for a good number of years. It probably is a very fun DD car for those who are super-car owners. But by the same token, these owners would also agree that the GTR, while indeed a very good car and a great car for the money, it cannot be the best car in the world. :turboalex: