Aventador LP 800-4 SuperVeloce

Assman

I've been told recently that there will be a debut of the Aventador LP800-4 SuperVeloce this year and it should price in around 680,000. Anyone else hear any details?

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told recently that there will be a debut of the Aventador LP800-4 SuperVeloce this year and it should price in around 680,000. Anyone else hear any details?

Seems a little soon. Murcielago was out for almost 8 years before the LP670 SV was debut.

Seems a little soon. Murcielago was out for almost 8 years before the LP670 SV was debut.

I remember somewhere reading that they wanted to introduce the SV as a seperate model rather than a swan song car so the standard vent and SV could be sold side by side like the LP 560 and lp 570 superleggra.

Dealers have been quietly talking to potential customers and taking deposits. I'm surprised as well, but looks like SV will be arriving much earlier in the production life of Aventador than it did with Murcielago. Maybe they are planning 2 SVs? One pre facelift and another post? Who knows... 800HP sounds NUTS.

Dealers have been quietly talking to potential customers and taking deposits. I'm surprised as well, but looks like SV will be arriving much earlier in the production life of Aventador than it did with Murcielago. Maybe they are planning 2 SVs? One pre facelift and another post? Who knows... 800HP sounds NUTS.

A certain someone may have leaked some info on FB tonight...

And didn't someone mention that perhaps an Aventador GT will come at the end of the Aventador's life cycle? All speculation of course, but if the SV is going to be unveiled this year, it could be.

$680,000 starting so upwards of $700 fully optioned..interesting seeing it so early but I can't wait to see how they make it look better and more aggressive than the LP720. 800 horses is going to be awesome! Team Salamone FB something earlier.

It's not early in the product cycle, because it looks like they're going back to the Diablo Model. The Diablo came out in 1990 and then the SV came out in 1995/6 as a variant (aside from the Diablo VT and the Roadster, after the 30th anni car)...Same thing we're seeing here. Aventador Coupe and Roadster, the Anni car...and finally the SV.

Can't wait to see it :)

They should release it in parallel with the standard AV and the Roadster, the SV appeals to a different type of buyer, 800 HP sounds pretty nuts, I can't wait to see it.

Heard the same thing from dealers, thought it was nonsense and that they are just fishing for potential buyers, but reading about it here too makes it more beliveable.

I'll probably be flamed for this but I just don't think the Aventador is special enough for 700k. That's nuts. I don't doubt it will be bad ass though.

I'll probably be flamed for this but I just don't think the Aventador is special enough for 700k. That's nuts. I don't doubt it will be bad ass though.

No flame, I agree. 700K is nuts.

There is nothing to fill the $500k to $1 mil gap, in these parts of the world for a nicely specced V10 you pay $600k plus and close to $1 mil for the entry level Aventador, if it's somewhat sustainable in some parts of the world I am sure they will find buyers in the states for the top dog at $650k to $700k.

There is nothing to fill the $500k to $1 mil gap, in these parts of the world for a nicely specced V10 you pay $600k plus and close to $1 mil for the entry level Aventador, if it's somewhat sustainable in some parts of the world I am sure they will find buyers in the states for the top dog at $650k to $700k.

I think this also could be the writing on the wall for Bugatti, as well as Lamborghini trying to move upmarket. Since day one I always said VW should have had the halo project chassis, the Veyron, wrapped in Lamborghini Lines. Lamborghini had always been about being the top dog, and having a 270MPH Lamborghini would have really helped push the Murcie, Gallardo, R8 sales etc over the years. Instead, Bugatti is just Bugatti, with no real future and currently attempting to sell 150 ten year old chassis. Increasing the Aventador SV pricing to 680+ would mean Lamborghini can come in with a hybrid V-12 supercar at at 720K price point, as well. I'm for it, Lamborghinis should be expensive and rare. I also agree with Fortis, I too, love the hardcore versions of the car and wish they came out with the coupe, roadster, and SV models at the same time, or at least within a year.

I think this also could be the writing on the wall for Bugatti, as well as Lamborghini trying to move upmarket. Since day one I always said VW should have had the halo project chassis, the Veyron, wrapped in Lamborghini Lines. Lamborghini had always been about being the top dog, and having a 270MPH Lamborghini would have really helped push the Murcie, Gallardo, R8 sales etc over the years. Instead, Bugatti is just Bugatti, with no real future and currently attempting to sell 150 ten year old chassis. Increasing the Aventador SV pricing to 680+ would mean Lamborghini can come in with a hybrid V-12 supercar at at 720K price point, as well. I'm for it, Lamborghinis should be expensive and rare. I also agree with Fortis, I too, love the hardcore versions of the car and wish they came out with the coupe, roadster, and SV models at the same time, or at least within a year.

Oh, what the hell, just send your resumé to VW today and tell them how you plan to take over the world.

Oh, what the hell, just send your resumé to VW today and tell them how you plan to take over the world.

Would love to know the reason for such a sarcastic tone? My comments were based on excitement for a SV and how I wish Lamborghini were an even stronger position in the market place. I have nothing but respect for everyone at Lamborghini, what the brand is now, versus 2008-2010 is just fantastic. Everyone at the factory is much happier than when I last visited, during the LP670 production. I did mention this to the North American executives while I put down my deposit for a Huracan, in February.

Imagine this : a 2015 Aventador LP790-4 Super Veloce with a system that allows 100% of power to the rear wheels only ... like on the Huracan ... add the new gearbox and some aggressive styling and you're done ... 700K price tag should be no problem.

Hmm my guess and it is a reasoned guess...

They bumped up the 640 to 670. 30hp extra is not to be sniffed at. But to jump a hundred bhp? Anyone else think that a bit much when the anniversary models "only" had 20hp more.

730, 740 with a few lighter bits and pieces and we could be in the SV realm before they start offering a facelift.

Hmm my guess and it is a reasoned guess...

They bumped up the 640 to 670. 30hp extra is not to be sniffed at. But to jump a hundred bhp? Anyone else think that a bit much when the anniversary models "only" had 20hp more.

730, 740 with a few lighter bits and pieces and we could be in the SV realm before they start offering a facelift.

Veneno is 750.

Would love to know the reason for such a sarcastic tone? My comments were based on excitement for a SV and how I wish Lamborghini were an even stronger position in the market place. I have nothing but respect for everyone at Lamborghini, what the brand is now, versus 2008-2010 is just fantastic. Everyone at the factory is much happier than when I last visited, during the LP670 production. I did mention this to the North American executives while I put down my deposit for a Huracan, in February.

haha, sorry, didn't come across right...I was joking around how you've obviously given this enough thought that people might be wise to listen up to some ts640 wisdom. I'll vote for ya, should you decide to take over the world. :icon_super:

How many HP do you guys think there are left in the NA Aventador engine?

I wonder how much is enough in the Horsepower game? How much is enough for a road car? Eventually you run into reliability problems.