Who bases their drives on good parking?

Luxeous

Am I the only one that considers parking everywhere I'm going before i take the Lambo out? My fiance wants to take it all over and always cracks up when I turn down her suggested destination due to 'inadequate parking'.

It's funny, I feel like people don't ever really think about this unless they have a rare vehicle of their own.

Am I the only one that considers parking everywhere I'm going before i take the Lambo out?

By "Am I the only one", do you mean "Is there anyone who DOESN'T"? ;)

It's usually the only criteria I'll mention when meeting someone somewhere in the Lambo... "Hey, anywhere you want to eat (etc), as long as there's good parking..."

I'll have to say, knock on wood so far I've had nothing but good luck in Los Angeles when it comes to valet. Have never once had to ask to park the car myself or hold onto the key. The valets always direct me to a spot to park and then typically take off well before I've gotten out of the car. Sometimes I have to track them down in order to give them a $20. I thank those before me who trained them well.

Yeah, I've called a place ahead and pre arranged parking before I'd take the car there. One time I called ahead and they had 2 spots coned off for me and another guy who came to the event had a brand new conti gt vert and he was mad because his car got parked in regualar valet.

Your not alone...That is my first and only criteria when taking the Lambo out. Not risking door dings and jealous people. If you park your car carelessly everywhere without thinking this out then only you are to blame for the ding/scratch....people don't care about other peoples stuff. Mine is Giallo Midas Tricoat so extremely difficult to match.

i question your fiance lol. if she cares about you but not enough about your car, hmm..... :D

seriously though, i wouldn't take my car to questionable places. i park at malls, movies, and restaurants. but they all have to be decent places. i also refrain from leaving the car unattended past 10pm. drunks can easily smash or vandalize it. luckily, most people just take pics and make comments about it.

I agree with all the posts above! I absolutely consider parking, a valet's flexibility to let me park it and tip them and the actual quality of the parking area before I take my Lambo out. My wife is not only tolerant but is supportive of my "eccentricity!" :icon_mrgreen:

Wow people are serious about their parking on here. I never consider parking anywhere I go. Valet, parking lot, street parking it's all the same. Life is too short to worry, rather enjoy the car instead of being worried about stupid shit like a ding every time I take it out. If it happens it happens, I'll worry about it then, not before. So far I haven't gotten one through multiple Lambos and other exotics, even driving it to school, grocery store, mall, etc.

Wow people are serious about their parking on here. I never consider parking anywhere I go. Valet, parking lot, street parking it's all the same. Life is too short to worry, rather enjoy the car instead of being worried about stupid shit like a ding every time I take it out. If it happens it happens, I'll worry about it then, not before. So far I haven't gotten one through multiple Lambos and other exotics, even driving it to school, grocery store, mall, etc.

agree 100%

Life is too short but time is a commodity. A little preparation means not having to deal with fixing a problem. Getting paint work is a HUGE pita time sink.

I learned long ago that the key to happy exotic car ownership, is to use the car as it was intended...by that I mean drive it. Once im done driving it, it goes back in my garage. No reason for it to sit at the grocery store or mall, thats why god created Bentleys... Any other use, simply inmo can only lead to bad results, whether it be jealous losers, vehicle damage, or having a huge target on your back coming home from dinner after a cocktail or two...

Am I the only one that considers parking everywhere I'm going before i take the Lambo out? My fiance wants to take it all over and always cracks up when I turn down her suggested destination due to 'inadequate parking'.

It's funny, I feel like people don't ever really think about this unless they have a rare vehicle of their own.

It's not crazy, it's the right way to do things :icon_thumleft:

Were you on the 405 South today around 11:30? I think I spotted you by the 10 exchange as I was heading north to the Valley.

By "Am I the only one", do you mean "Is there anyone who DOESN'T"? ;)

It's usually the only criteria I'll mention when meeting someone somewhere in the Lambo... "Hey, anywhere you want to eat (etc), as long as there's good parking..."

I'll have to say, knock on wood so far I've had nothing but good luck in Los Angeles when it comes to valet. Have never once had to ask to park the car myself or hold onto the key. The valets always direct me to a spot to park and then typically take off well before I've gotten out of the car. Sometimes I have to track them down in order to give them a $20. I thank those before me who trained them well.

I find myself doing the same thing. If there's good parking I'm all in!

Yeah, I've called a place ahead and pre arranged parking before I'd take the car there. One time I called ahead and they had 2 spots coned off for me and another guy who came to the event had a brand new conti gt vert and he was mad because his car got parked in regualar valet.

Haha that is awesome!

Your not alone...That is my first and only criteria when taking the Lambo out. Not risking door dings and jealous people. If you park your car carelessly everywhere without thinking this out then only you are to blame for the ding/scratch....people don't care about other peoples stuff. Mine is Giallo Midas Tricoat so extremely difficult to match.

Agreed. I feel like if I take it to a parking lot and can't see it I get super nervous that someone's gonna ding me. You also get a lot of people that feel they need to sit/lay on nice cars for some reason to take a picture.

I agree with all the posts above! I absolutely consider parking, a valet's flexibility to let me park it and tip them and the actual quality of the parking area before I take my Lambo out. My wife is not only tolerant but is supportive of my "eccentricity!" :icon_mrgreen:

Love this! My fiance is learning lol!

I seriously wish I could be this way but I've seen way too many people disrespect other exotics out here to be completely chill about it.

It's not crazy, it's the right way to do things :icon_thumleft:

Were you on the 405 South today around 11:30? I think I spotted you by the 10 exchange as I was heading north to the Valley.

I was, just got it back this afternoon from Lambo N LA! :)

Likewise here! When we do a road trip she doesn't even bother looking at hotels; leaves it all up to me.

Trying finding hotels in Italy with good parking .... Tougher than finding water in the middle of the desert!

I consider it All the time..and the route. I would also say look out.. She is jealous of the car!

:iamwithstupid:

Once im done driving it, it goes back in my garage. No reason for it to sit at the grocery store or mall, thats why god created Bentleys...

Hahaha that is a good point!

I usually don't drive exotics to places I have never been to, or am unsure of the parking situation. While I don't worry excessively about where I am taking it, just taking it anywhere without a care in the world is not a smart thing to do. I have no problem taking it to the right restaurant, mall, grocery store, retail center, gym, etc.

I don't usually take the Lambo anyplace that I'm gonna park and walk out of sight. I do strongly consider parking no matter what car I'm driving. I've often thought it would be great to have a dinged up beater for airport parking. Usually no matter what I drive I park very carefully and far away. I hate door dings.

This was one of the best hotel spaces I've ever seen (totally "lambo worthy")

At a hotel in VA while doing an event at Summit Point.

By far the best spot in the joint! I got it 3 nights in a row, and even left for dinner and came back and it was still there!!

Too bad I was only driving the wagon!

IMG_1285.JPG