TOur De France 2014

topcabron

The routes are interesting. The race is not very motivating this year though. We need another LeMond vs Fignon type rivalry to bring the pulse back.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are just some of the cleaner sports

Olympic sports: fewest abnormal test results

Sport Percentage of adverse results

Bobsleigh

Field hockey

Badminton

Skating

Skiing

Probably hard to swallow I'm right but it's OK, suck it up.

One good thing Rouleur is you THINK you know what's what (but just now proven you don't).....at least you have that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/28194582

You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed man. Nice try. You picked Badminton, figure skating and field hockey. YOu have to actually test to find people cheating. Also, you should focus on things that are actually sports, you know, the people watch or care about or have money behind them. You sound like my liberal buddies all trying to find some angle to prove Obama is great.

you should stick to talking about things you know about, like the cars you own.

In the words of Tina Fey, suck it....

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/109212/...-cleanest-sport

What an,awesome stage

anybodys guess who will,win.at this point

Nibali is the obvious front runner. Porte looks good for top three

Van garteren still there

You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed man. Nice try. You picked Badminton, figure skating and field hockey. YOu have to actually test to find people cheating. Also, you should focus on things that are actually sports, you know, the people watch or care about or have money behind them. You sound like my liberal buddies all trying to find some angle to prove Obama is great.

you should stick to talking about things you know about, like the cars you own.

In the words of Tina Fey, suck it....

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/109212/...-cleanest-sport

It's ok man, I just copied a current news article which happened to have a few pussy sports listed. Fact remains cycling is juust out of the top 5 dirtiest sports. Sorry you can't accept that fact, sport.

here are the facts from the article incase you missed it:

Olympic sports: most adverse test results

Sport Percentage of adverse results

Weightlifting

Wrestling

Equestrian

Judo

Boxing

Cyclists were also subject to frequent testing, with more than 22,000 samples analysed in 2013 - 1.2% of those tests resulted in adverse findings.

It's ok man, I just copied a current news article which happened to have a few pussy sports listed. Fact remains cycling is juust out of the top 5 dirtiest sports. Sorry you can't accept that fact, sport.

I missed it, exactly where did cycling place in the list? What is "juust out of the top 5"?

Yes nice stage today...good to see an American still in the top 10..still wish Wiggy and the Columbians would have been allowed to race TDF this year...Quintana would have given Nibali a run...Im still thinking Nibali...

What an,awesome stage

anybodys guess who will,win.at this point

Nibali is the obvious front runner. Porte looks good for top three

Van garteren still there

Read my post just above yours. Boxing #5 with 1.4% tested failed. Cycling had 1.2% fail.

Ok, but that could put cycling at #176.

So, where is the list and where did cycling rank? Or is it all speculation and you have no clue what the actual list represents?

as the riders take their first rest day, another big name leaves the tour. Cancelara leaves to prepare for the worlds........

this tour is one of the strangest with the favorites exiting and those that are in the top ten by default.

Crazy tour. Quintana, Wiggo and Evans must be losing their minds not racing this year.

Cheering for Porte!!!!

This would have been a good Tour for Quintana if he could have survived the cobbled stage and the rain. I don't think he is there yet, he is just too young. I think Evans is going to be very butthurt that he wasn't there now, especially if TJ falls flat. I was really hoping for Talansky on an outside hope.

As for Nibali, I really think that this is his Tour to lose. He is on top of it. He has won a Grand Tour before. Aside from the fact that Porte and TJ can out time trial him, and if he can retain the advantage he has taken out on the climbs, I am not sure where he loses it.

It would have been interesting to see Wiggo in the Tour. He is likely really lamenting it. With his finish at Roubaix this year, and winning the Tour of California, and how decisive the cobbled stage was, I wonder where he would be sitting now. He was climbing in Cali like a metronome. He was amazing. Just had a bad time in Switzerland.

I think that the big "revelation" is going to be Richie Porte. He looked really good when Nibali attacked. He can climb with the best and can out time trial almost all of them. He also seems like a pretty decent and humble guy so he will have a lot of crowd support.