TOur De France 2014

topcabron

Um, not to knock your reading comprehension, but did you even read what I wrote?

As for your 100 miles a week on the MTB, I am not sure where that lends credibility to your argument. I have been racing a bicycle since I was 14 years old, I am 41 years old as of a couple days ago and I am pretty closely connected to the sport.

As I said, there will always be cheats anywhere that there is money, I did say that, look again. Is this likely the cleanest sport around, absolutely. They are the only ones actually looking for anything. They are the most vilified so that other sports can duck under the radar.

Yep I read it and it seems you didn't comprehend mine.

"This is now the cleanest sport in the world". These are your words. To this I just laugh

It's ok, you are all knowing and completely right. Lol

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you refute his claim of "Cleanest sport on the planet" ? Are you saying other highly competitive physical sports are more strictly regulated and tested? If so, which ones?

When there are millions of $$$ on the line and people want an edge they will do what they can, but I do agree with Rouleur, the UCI and regulating bodies go way above and beyond the normal call of duty to test within the best of their abilities. If someone finds a way around the current testing, then at some point the tests will also evolve.

The flip side would be to say hell with it, all bets are off, you guys do whatever the hell you want. If everyone is doing it, then is it cheating? Lets see guys sprinting with 60t chainrings :icon_mrgreen:

Just because they are testing better doesn't mean the sport is cleaner. In all reality the teams are just one step ahead of the testing as they have always been.

Just because they are testing better doesn't mean the sport is cleaner. In all reality the teams are just one step ahead of the testing as they have always been.

And in your all knowing words, what is your confirmation of this? And if they are so advanced their cheating can't be caught, how do you know the other sports aren't privy to this same cheating? I'm sure the soccer players and such would be supremely interested in such things.

Oh, and one more thing, if you think cyclists are still all drugged up, google the "biological Passport". If they are cheating, which of course some still are, they have to be fcuking ninjas to make it work. They are popping guys with no actual proof of doping, just the assumption based on blood values. Let's see some whingy soccer or football player submit to having blood drawn several times a month and having their haematocrit levels monitored for fluctuations by a 3 person expert panel over a 12 month period every year, even when they aren't competing. Never happen.

most logical explanation for failed drug test is contaminated meat

And in your all knowing words, what is your confirmation of this? And if they are so advanced their cheating can't be caught, how do you know the other sports aren't privy to this same cheating? I'm sure the soccer players and such would be supremely interested in such things.

Haha, I never said I knew all but if you take it that way cool!

History proves they are one step ahead of the tests. Do you think all the sudden a perfect test was created? Don't kid yourself.

Do you think all the sudden doping stopped or cut down dramatically? I don't.

Do I believe there is movement to clean up some? Yes.

the cheaters will always be ahead of the testers.

lets keep on topic.

nobody tested positive, lets leave this discussion until some does.

so far, I good sprinters duel between Marcel and Marcel.

Tomorrow is going to be bloody and intense with cobbles and rain

Headline this morning: Chris froome given all clear after crash

Sky team boss said "Chris is a fighter, he is not someone that just give up"

Headline this afternoon: after three crashes in two days Chris froome quits the tdf.

my prediction for tomorrow:

Sagan or Cancelera

a big name will crash out.

already two headliners are out, tomorrow.........more

i love being right

bye bye Froome. he seemed weak anyways

great stage

Nibali kicked ass against the others and sagan is simply incredible.

Yep I read it and it seems you didn't comprehend mine.

"This is now the cleanest sport in the world". These are your words. To this I just laugh

It's ok, you are all knowing and completely right. Lol

I am right, you are incorrect in your assessment. They had something like 200+ positives in the NFL alone last year. Who knows with Baseball. Soccer and Tennis are so protected around the world they will never be given up.

As I said, again for clarity, it is the cleanest sport in the world. Again, for clarity, people still cheat in cycling. That does not mean it isn't the cleanest sport. Hell, UFC just banned TRT for Christ's sake.

With the Bio Passport, Whereabouts, out of competition testing, in competition testing of the top 3 plus random throughout, you cannot argue that it is the single most tested sport and arguably the only sport that even really gives a shit about cheating.

Your mountain bike would have been useful in the stage today though, at least you have that going for you.

And Contador is a few minutes down...I kind of wish they would have left all the cobble road route in place..Italy still runs the Giro in the snow...but there were a lot of crashes..

i love being right

bye bye Froome. he seemed weak anyways

great stage

Nibali kicked ass against the others and sagan is simply incredible.

I am right, you are incorrect in your assessment. They had something like 200+ positives in the NFL alone last year. Who knows with Baseball. Soccer and Tennis are so protected around the world they will never be given up.

As I said, again for clarity, it is the cleanest sport in the world. Again, for clarity, people still cheat in cycling. That does not mean it isn't the cleanest sport. Hell, UFC just banned TRT for Christ's sake.

With the Bio Passport, Whereabouts, out of competition testing, in competition testing of the top 3 plus random throughout, you cannot argue that it is the single most tested sport and arguably the only sport that even really gives a shit about cheating.

Your mountain bike would have been useful in the stage today though, at least you have that going for you.

Just for clarity, Still not the cleanest no matter how much you think it is. Keep on spouting all the rhetoric you want it won't change mine and MANY others opinion. I don't GAF about all those other sports you are trying to compare to, not sure why you are trying to compare, oh yeah to make "your" sport look better. Hahaha

Must be fun all wrapped up in your little bubble.

Just for clarity, Still not the cleanest no matter how much you think it is. Keep on spouting all the rhetoric you want it won't change mine and MANY others opinion. I don't GAF about all those other sports you are trying to compare to, not sure why you are trying to compare, oh yeah to make "your" sport look better. Hahaha

Just for clarity, what other sport has less "cheating" and is more regulated? Or is it as you just stated, yours is an opinion with no basis in fact.

I watched a great documentary about Armstrong last night.

It got me thinking about how people cheating on the tour da France...

Then I started watching some footage of the tour... And... Some of the people have motors on their bikes. Talk about blatant cheating

the armstrong lie? i was really in to that.

the armstrong lie? i was really in to that.

Yep.

Absolutely fascinating to see how his mind works. Kind of a mash up of a spoilt kid and megalomaniac.

I have been saying this for awhile but I want a drug friendly Tour da France. IE it is your body, inject what you like just to see how bad these freaks turn out. There will be a guy riding up the Champs Elysee with thighs the size of a bull's waist and a life expectancy of two years.

This is interesting though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/28194582

Anti-doping testing: abnormal results rise by 20% in 2013

The number of abnormal test findings recorded by anti-doping authorities worldwide increased by more than 20% last year, according to a report by the World Anti-Doping Agency.

There were 5,962 adverse or atypical test results across all sports, compared with 4,723 in 2012.

Yep.

Absolutely fascinating to see how his mind works. Kind of a mash up of a spoilt kid and megalomaniac.

I have been saying this for awhile but I want a drug friendly Tour da France. IE it is your body, inject what you like just to see how bad these freaks turn out. There will be a guy riding up the Champs Elysee with thighs the size of a bull's waist and a life expectancy of two years.

This is interesting though

basically a Unlimited Class

or do they already have that? ;)

Yes in fact go a step further. A whole games. The needle games.

100 metres being won by people that resemble leopards, the long jump by people with kangaroo legs. No discus or javelin though.

I am right, you are incorrect in your assessment.

Just for clarity, what other sport has less "cheating" and is more regulated? Or is it as you just stated, yours is an opinion with no basis in fact.

here are just some of the cleaner sports

Olympic sports: fewest abnormal test results

Sport Percentage of adverse results

Bobsleigh

Field hockey

Badminton

Skating

Skiing

Probably hard to swallow I'm right but it's OK, suck it up.

One good thing Rouleur is you THINK you know what's what (but just now proven you don't).....at least you have that.

here are just some of the cleaner sports

Olympic sports: fewest abnormal test results

Sport Percentage of adverse results

Bobsleigh

Field hockey

Badminton

Skating

Skiing

Probably hard to swallow I'm right but it's OK, suck it up.

One good thing Rouleur is you THINK you know what's what (but just now proven you don't).....at least you have that.

:lol2: Did you REALLY just site badminton... REALLY?

Here I thought we knew what the baseline was for "sports"

:lol2: :lol2:

I imagine it's exceedingly low in competitive chess and the World Extreme Crochet Championships, but it isn't really relevant to our discussion here, now is it?

Or who knows, maybe granny is on EPO and TRT with some corked crocheting needles.

:jackoff:

Incase you missed it in the article:

Cyclists were also subject to frequent testing, with more than 22,000 samples analysed in 2013 - 1.2% of those tests resulted in adverse findings.

that's juuuust outside the top 5 most adverse findings of all the Olympic sports tested.

hate to rub it in a bit but at least Rouleur you have that you THINK cycling is the cleanest sport in the world.....at least you have that.

Back on something more friendly, anybody has a good link for live streaming of the Tour? :)

So none?

Sorry I'm with Fortis on this one, I'd rather watch golf than TDF, and I hate watching golf.

then don't watch

this thread is not a poll to see who likes or is interested in cycling.

=for those that are, this thread is for those that want to discuss the race.

This years tour is following the WW1 sites, routes, etc. the Western Front lines, Verdun, Dunkirk and many many more.. and looking at the graveyards and memorials and the grounds by the tour helicoptors is interesting ive never seen them from the angles they provide.I do agree.golf bores me to tears..

Nice photo finish today....

So none?

Sorry I'm with Fortis on this one, I'd rather watch golf than TDF, and I hate watching golf.