Urraco

rhyno

Today I test drove a 1976 Urraco. I have never driven one before and the first thing I noticed is how small this car is, the back seats were pretty tight and not really made for adults. The look of this car is awesome in real life, much better then in pictures. The car I drove needed lots of work and was way over priced. I would have been a buyer if the owner was realistic on his price but he is just fishing for a sucker. I think I would definitely own one if a nice example popped up!

image.jpg

I love the Urraco cars. If my Jalpa hadn't found me, I'd have held out for one of those instead. Who knows, perhaps once my Jalpa is done I'll spring for an Urraco as well. Although that may be inviting masochistic tendencies with two v8s :lol2:

It is a P300. It needs to have some work done on the suspension so it was hard to tell how good the handling would be, I did feel that it was easier to turn at slow speeds then my old Jalpa but my Jalpa had wider rims and tires then stock.

The asking price is $35,000 and it needs at least 15k in work that I could see.

It is a P300. It needs to have some work done on the suspension so it was hard to tell how good the handling would be, I did feel that it was easier to turn at slow speeds then my old Jalpa but my Jalpa had wider rims and tires then stock.

The asking price is $35,000 and it needs at least 15k in work that I could see.

Curious, I noticed my Jalpa has stock tires which appear to be pretty close to what a 911 is. 225 and 205 which isn't super duper wide. Did you have aftermarket wheels/tires on it? Or wider wheels/tires?

I don't have my Jalpa anymore but it had Kinesis rims with 225/45/17 fronts, 255/40/17 rears

It took lots more effort to turn the front wheels at slower speeds with those wheels then the stock Urraco I just drove.

Can anything be done about that front bumper? (euro bumper?)

Also, each time I look at this car the resemblance between it and a Dino 308 GT/4 grows each time. Even the dashboards are similar.

Dino and Urraco VERY different. For one, the Urraco is lower. I think you see the red with the ugly ass bumper and it it say Dino all over it.

They are great cars. Every serious Lambo head should have one in the stable.....while they are cheap. But mark my words, they will shoot up in value. They are asking higher prices in Europe. 50k area last I looked.

I don't think we'll see cheap Urraco for much longer.

What work did it need? 15k is a lot of money with an Urraco unless we're talking engine rebuild.

Dino and Urraco VERY different. For one, the Urraco is lower. I think you see the red with the ugly ass bumper and it it say Dino all over it.

They are great cars. Every serious Lambo head should have one in the stable.....while they are cheap. But mark my words, they will shoot up in value. They are asking higher prices in Europe. 50k area last I looked.

I don't think we'll see cheap Urraco for much longer.

What work did it need? 15k is a lot of money with an Urraco unless we're talking engine rebuild.

I've noticed the v8 lambos have been slowly going up ;)

Lower how? Like 1" lower, or what it looks like to have a 911 parked next to an F or L car?

To me, the visual is about the same.

There are Series 1 Dinos, euro spec with tiny bumper. Seen a few that are lowered a bit. Lower looking than this Urraco.

They are both Bertone/Gandini designed cars, debuting around the same time as each other. If you slapped a Lambo badge on the Dino, nobody would know otherwise.

I've noticed the v8 lambos have been slowly going up ;)

Yes slowly, while the price on everything else vintage Lamborghini is marching (or charging?) forward. Once the Keith Martins and everyone else following along realizes what is going on with the v12 cars, the v8 cars will have their day. Then you'll hear stuff like we do now " I remember when 65k would buy a Countach, and a nickel would buy an RC cola and a moon pie". lol. Well, hopefully not as long as the moon pie/RC comment :).

A very good Urraco might sell in the 40's. But just about 5 years ago they were selling in the low/mid 20's. 2-3yrs ago they were just touching 30k.

35k, or maybe a reasonable offer, might be a deal. Because as it just so happens: when a car is bought and sent to a shop for work for a few months to a year.....it always seem the values have gone up by the time you get them back. Heppened to a lot of owners of Lamborghinis.

Just my 2 cents.

And BTW, I saw a Dino and an Urraco side by side a few different times......they are very different looking in person and together. More curves on the Urraco. Wish there was a Dino in my area, would be cool and fun to compare.

I'd love to buy a Dino. The shape has grown on me over the years.

Yes slowly, while the price on everything else vintage Lamborghini is marching (or charging?) forward. Once the Keith Martins and everyone else following along realizes what is going on with the v12 cars, the v8 cars will have their day. Then you'll hear stuff like we do now " I remember when 65k would buy a Countach, and a nickel would buy an RC cola and a moon pie". lol. Well, hopefully not as long as the moon pie/RC comment :).

By the way, thanks for the book recommendation for the manual on the Jalpa. Has been very helpful.

By the way, thanks for the book recommendation for the manual on the Jalpa. Has been very helpful.

Your welcome. Always glad to help.

• 10 months later...

This Urraco ended up selling to a guy in the UK.

I would have loved to add a Urraco to the collection but this would have been a big project and at that time it wasn't worth it.

If we all had crystal balls then we would have bought $30,000 Miura's by the dozen lol

If we all had crystal balls then we would have bought $30,000 Miura's by the dozen lol

If I had a crystal ball I would have bought apple stock before the iphone launched with every penny I had. But of course, hindsight is always 20/20.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh the missed opportunities....

I still kick myself for passing on a Miura around 2000. I thought $80,000 was WAY too much money.

That Countach I backed out of at $75,000.