Underground Racing breaks 1/2 mile world record- 233!!

Kisco

Whether it's UR or Heffner the to Gallardos it seems are unbeaten in every event they've entered this year.

We are doing it with real street cars with OEM Egear electronics. ;) These are not purpose built shop cars which makes it even more of a challenge.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin made 1 pass that was like 170s I think on the first run because he just got the car. The 2nd run was suppose to be a shake down pass on a much higher setting but he stayed in the throttle and went 233. The motec logs showed 236.x so it was right on. I think he was shaken up and didn't want to make anymore passes so he hit the pool.

I am curious to the setup on Heffner STS. Not much has been said about it so all I hear is hearsay. What kind of power is it making? I think I know by the trap speed but it is hard to say with the dog box tranny in it. Are you running any stock ECUs or a complete stand alone? Full weight car? What kind of tires?

Just curious is all.

We are doing it with real street cars with OEM Egear electronics. ;) These are not purpose built shop cars which makes it even more of a challenge.

I know how your cars are set up. Yall have put up specs often and still amazes me that they handle over 2000hp like they do. Was simply stating that the twin turbo Gallardos are batting 1000 this year. You guys have what 4 or 5 event wins already? And I'm sure more to come.

I know how your cars are set up. Yall have put up specs often and still amazes me that they handle over 2000hp like they do. Was simply stating that the twin turbo Gallardos are batting 1000 this year. You guys have what 4 or 5 event wins already? And I'm sure more to come.

Almost everything we have entered in the past few of years we have won other than 1 TI "kots". TI, tx2k, Houston 1/2 mile and etc. Hopefully we can keep it rolling.

Almost everything we have entered in the past few of years we have won other than 1 TI "kots". TI, tx2k, Houston 1/2 mile and etc. Hopefully we can keep it rolling.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster

oie_161538411I1cWhHB.gif

Jesus fcuk.....these cars are becoming insanely fast, beyond imaginable.....

Maximum Kudos to you guys, this is a real achievement.....with these figures you guys are accelerating nearly as quickly as F1 cars :shock:

HOW ??!!!

Sundays results for those interested...

Team OB Prestige Auto took home the highest speed of the day in their Heffner Built Lamborghini Gallardo STS with an incredible 222.5519 MPH Pass!!

Congrats to OB & Heffner! That's a pretty impressive run as well. :icon_thumleft:

Jesus fcuk.....these cars are becoming insanely fast, beyond imaginable.....

Maximum Kudos to you guys, this is a real achievement.....with these figures you guys are accelerating nearly as quickly as F1 cars :shock:

HOW ??!!!

Interesting comparison. The A20, Super 99, etc. GT-Rs and the 2Rs have almost identical power to weight as a modern F1 car. The 3.0 V10 cars that hold most track records were around 1,250 hp per tonne. The Renault from 2006 accelerated from 0-186mph in 8.6 seconds. This is actually slower than what these cars are achieving with a good launch. The difference is mainly AWD vs. RWD and the fact that until an F1 car gets moving and downforce kicks in there isn't much weight over the rear wheels. My thought is that from a roll, say 60 mph, an F1 car vs. any of these monsters would be a very close race. Someone call Top Gear and tell them to set this shit up! I would love to hear the sound of an older NA V10 racing a TTG.

We have a video of Fadi testing the new stuff... Fadi show them the video lol

Yea, Fadi. DO IT!

I_hate_you.gif

It is absolutely mind-blowing how stock the car behaves, we used it all weekend around the resort like a golf cart. Hell, Justin even drove the damn thing home to San Antonio this morning from my lake house. UR is light years ahead of everything else out there and Kevin & KC are great guys.

photo_1.JPG

Kevin, truth be told, nobody is catching your cars anytime soon. Whatever the GT-R's and everybody will be at next year will be where your customer cars were 2 years ago. I'm not sucking up, that's just the honest truth. Guarantee the first time one of those Alpha 20's lines up on the highway next to a UR Gallardo, it's gonna gap band the shit out of it.

Ahhh ok then. Having separate Saturday and Sunday winners is a little weak, but w/e. Hard to claim a *win* when you were 10mph off the pace and the guy didn't bother to run again.

233 in the 1/2 is fcuking blistering. It wasn't long ago that was a great run in the full mile.

Firstly congratulations to the UR team on the speed that the timing system displayed on Saturday for that truly unbelievable pass.

I'm sure that you didn't mean for that to sound as backhanded as it did. There were two separate races. We raced both days as did nearly all of the competitors, including SW in his UR built Superleggera which i believe trapped 216 on Saturday and 215 on Sunday. Both race days were open to anyone and everyone and we were happy to take the top honors on Sunday in addition to running a few very respectable passes on Saturday.

It was not my intention to get into this in this particular thread but i see a few innuendos that need clearing up before anyone gets mislead any more than they already have. The car that we have been campaigning for our client is not a "purpose built shop car" it is owned and operated by our customer. We come out to race events to support him because we want to see him enjoy some success and we love racing. The term "street car" as well as the term "full weight" are relative terms. If anyone would like to meet up with us at the next race event and go for a drive to experience the cars street manners is welcome to do so. I also invite you to bring along a set of scales and verify that the car is at "full weight". The car runs on motec electronics as do many other twin turbo cars and the only thing besides the roll cage that has been installed for safety that would appear non stock on the interior is the motec instrument cluster. This was installed because, realistically, at this level, the factory gauges don't give you many valuable details as to the operation of the car.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the next event. Have a great week.

Interesting comparison. The A20, Super 99, etc. GT-Rs and the 2Rs have almost identical power to weight as a modern F1 car. The 3.0 V10 cars that hold most track records were around 1,250 hp per tonne. The Renault from 2006 accelerated from 0-186mph in 8.6 seconds. This is actually slower than what these cars are achieving with a good launch. The difference is mainly AWD vs. RWD and the fact that until an F1 car gets moving and downforce kicks in there isn't much weight over the rear wheels. My thought is that from a roll, say 60 mph, an F1 car vs. any of these monsters would be a very close race. Someone call Top Gear and tell them to set this shit up! I would love to hear the sound of an older NA V10 racing a TTG.

From what I gather the fastest F1 tests are 190mph in approx. 500m for the fastest runs...with the 980hp boys...

The Renault time is from the Veyron / SP1 run ? In the wet :-)

There is no doubt these cars are similar.....CRAZY !!!

Firstly congratulations to the UR team on the speed that the timing system displayed on Saturday for that truly unbelievable pass.

I'm sure that you didn't mean for that to sound as backhanded as it did. There were two separate races. We raced both days as did nearly all of the competitors, including SW in his UR built Superleggera which i believe trapped 216 on Saturday and 215 on Sunday. Both race days were open to anyone and everyone and we were happy to take the top honors on Sunday in addition to running a few very respectable passes on Saturday.

It was not my intention to get into this in this particular thread but i see a few innuendos that need clearing up before anyone gets mislead any more than they already have. The car that we have been campaigning for our client is not a "purpose built shop car" it is owned and operated by our customer. We come out to race events to support him because we want to see him enjoy some success and we love racing. The term "street car" as well as the term "full weight" are relative terms. If anyone would like to meet up with us at the next race event and go for a drive to experience the cars street manners is welcome to do so. I also invite you to bring along a set of scales and verify that the car is at "full weight". The car runs on motec electronics as do many other twin turbo cars and the only thing besides the roll cage that has been installed for safety that would appear non stock on the interior is the motec instrument cluster. This was installed because, realistically, at this level, the factory gauges don't give you many valuable details as to the operation of the car.

Good to see you still on here Jason. Keep us updated on future events :)

Hey Jason. I just have questions because I am curious to the possibilities. I'm not trying to start anything. This is all hearsay so I don't want to see if it's true or not. That is all. Your obviously doing things right because you have run the sts fast as shit. Some of these questions I know you may not want to answer and I am ok with that. I get it.

Is this the first time you have run a dog box with a straight cut gear set, non syncro, dog engagement race transmission? How is it on the street? All the ones I have seen have been for road racing and it doesn't look like they will hold much power. I know the LP models shift faster than the older cars but how much faster does it shift vs the LP e gear?

Most of all the GTrs at the event didn't have AC, alternators, radios, and etc. have you removed any of those items as well?

Are you still running direct injection at all?

Are you planning to take it to the quarter mile any time soon? With the gear box I would think it would fly if you can launch it which looks like you can.

How do you like the motec dash?

Do you feel like there is enough room to stop at these airports? I know the GA half mile is 1,000 ft shorter than the one this past weekend. It is concrete though and the braking is a little up hill.

Look forward to meeting you at the GA Half mile and checking out the car. There should be some more GTRs to beat up on lol

If anyone would like to meet up with us at the next race event and go for a drive to experience the cars street manners is welcome to do so.

Wait, a DOG BOX transmission in a street car? Give us a break. How many street cars with DOG BOX transmissions have you seen running around on the street. LOL I guess they are about as nice and quiet as a dump truck transmission

Wait, a DOG BOX transmission in a street car? Give us a break. How many street cars with DOG BOX transmissions have you seen running around on the street. LOL I guess they are about as nice and quiet as a dump truck transmission

Does it sound worse than some of these GTRs running around? Some of them sound like tractors.

Does it sound worse than some of these GTRs running around? Some of them sound like tractors.

meh. Run what ya brung.

Those things are bad ass for racing. I think we need to try one. You don't have to lift off the gas if you have an ignition cut. We did two Dog box trannys in Vipers years ago. One for Frank, a Holinger and one for the NLR Viper, a Emco dog box. These were fully loaded street cars and still was loud as a mofo. On test driving, I had to wear ear plugs they were so Fking loud once the gear box fluid got hot. Wont be bad for roll and 1/2 miles racing I guess. Poor GTS's ;)