The Official NBA thread

Rawr

LOL

I'm still sad.

Glad I get to escape from the bay area for the month.

Here is to the offseason! Really hope GSW can court KD. He is a piece they need. They also need to get better pieces to the bench.

My money is going on GSW for next year :icon_thumleft:

It's amazing to hear that the Warriors need anything considering their regular season record this year. I think they needed this loss to humble them

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's amazing to hear that the Warriors need anything considering their regular season record this year. I think they needed this loss to humble them

They don't need shit. They won 73 games and simply choked in the last 4 minutes. They will be fine next year. This humbling experience will make them stronger. they wont care about regular season as much next year.They will focus on Playoffs.

They don't need shit. They won 73 games and simply choked in the last 4 minutes. They will be fine next year. This humbling experience will make them stronger. they wont care about regular season as much next year.They will focus on Playoffs.

Their offense got shut down because it was easy to stop Curry. Klay is on and off. Need someone more reliable like KD on the team. KD has a mean mid range and is also an inside threat. Imagine having to guard that and Draymond inside, then having to worry about the shooters? All Cavs did was guard the perimeter, stopped their shooting, exposed their defense, stopped their rhythm. No screens allowed to get open shots, etc.

KD didn't choke any of those games in the 3-1 series loss, he was putting up terrific numbers.

I want a dynasty!

The series was tied 3-3 and the game was tied 89-89 with less than one minute to go. Kyrie hits an amazing (extremely low %) shot and Curry misses one he very often makes. That last 54 seconds could have gone either way and if it did, all the discussions would have been around whether or not GSW was the best team ever. Instead, the topic is what changes they need to make. Funny how that works.

I agree they needed the loss as they were the only reason they couldn't win one of the last three games. And for the record, LBJ was incredible and I was pulling for Cleveland.

The series was tied 3-3 and the game was tied 89-89 with less than one minute to go. Kyrie hits an amazing (extremely low %) shot and Curry misses one he very often makes. That last 54 seconds could have gone either way and if it did, all the discussions would have been around whether or not GSW was the best team ever. Instead, the topic is what changes they need to make. Funny how that works.

I agree they needed the loss as they were the only reason they couldn't win one of the last three games. And for the record, LBJ was incredible and I was pulling for Cleveland.

Very true, didn't think about it that way. I had the courage to watch the 4th quarter again yesterday. GSW blew it. I'm not mad at Curry. I was, but I'm not now. The grieving process is just tough, I'm going through the stages right now, lol

It's gonna be a long summer...

Indeed!

Yes, Spurs are also a great organization....

I wonder how the Lakers are going to do moving forward.....I think that organization is done. We'll see.

:iamwithstupid:

If your goal is winning championships, sometimes you have to sacrifice certain things in the regular season, like perfect seasons or regular season win/loss record.

To win games in pro sports you have to rely on the mental as much if not more on the physical, especially when you win a lot of games. I've read some pieces on sports psychology that teams on long win streaks have it that much harder to continue it, even against weak competition.

Winning simply breeds complacency, and since sports are played by human beings and not robots this is a very real thing.

Another thing that sometimes comes up is when you always win, any weaknesses you may have will get exposed when it's too late. This happens a lot in the NFL, and I have no doubt it happens in the NBA too.

Sometimes I get the impression that if you know you have a good chance of facing a tough familiar foe in the postseason, you may take a dive to make sure that you don't give away your entire arsenal/strategy for the real showdown. I see this sometimes in pro football...not sure if it applies in basketball as much.

:iamwithstupid:

If your goal is winning championships, sometimes you have to sacrifice certain things in the regular season, like perfect seasons or regular season win/loss record.

To win games in pro sports you have to rely on the mental as much if not more on the physical, especially when you win a lot of games. I've read some pieces on sports psychology that teams on long win streaks have it that much harder to continue it, even against weak competition.

Winning simply breeds complacency, and since sports are played by human beings and not robots this is a very real thing.

Another thing that sometimes comes up is when you always win, any weaknesses you may have will get exposed when it's too late. This happens a lot in the NFL, and I have no doubt it happens in the NBA too.

Sometimes I get the impression that if you know you have a good chance of facing a tough familiar foe in the postseason, you may take a dive to make sure that you don't give away your entire arsenal/strategy for the real showdown. I see this sometimes in pro football...not sure if it applies in basketball as much.

That was one of their main issues. Getting the record, or getting the rest. The players wanted the record, because a championship is not guaranteed, but the 73-9 record was in grasp When they were about to lose the series against OKC, people were saying, well, at least they win 73-9 etc. Now, since they lost in a game 7 for a ring, was it better to not get the record? Or the ring?

I agree with you 100%. It's harder to win when you're used to it. Seems to get boring. But, depends on the psyche of the team/player. I think the Cavs figured out GSW late in the series, then it was over. GSW showed all of their cards too soon.

Jesus, the days are dragging on. I find myself settling in right around game time and then realizing there's no fcuking game.

Cleveland was insane. Estimated 1.3 million people in the city. Just a sea of people everywhere.

My parade plan didn't work out, very disappointed. The main reason is that people started lining up on the parade route at 3:30-4:00 AM. Had I known this would happen, I would've entered the city earlier.

I live an hour and a half from Cleveland so there was no way I was going to drive in the morning. I stayed overnight in a hotel that was 10 minutes from a Rapid Transit train station and figured our group of 4 would get there at 7:00 AM and hope to get into Cleveland by 9:00 AM. The city said to use the trains, so that was the plan. As it was for thousands of others.

Stood in an outdoor line for 4.5 hours for that train and finally got into the city at 12:15 PM. The parade was delayed, but started while we were on the train. Missed it at the spot I originally wanted to be in. Next step was to just head towards the end of the route for the Rally. Went there, but the parade took forever because of piss-poor crowd control, people were blocking the route and making just enough room for the vehicles to get through. People were so close the players were shaking hands with them. We watched this on the jumbo screens from our spot at the rally. We decided to leave at 2:30, couldn't handle anymore waiting we had to get back. The mass exodus had already begun, lines packed inside the Tower City mall/station 3 floors long. We figured the trains would be another 5 hour wait or more. We decided to just start walking back to original start point - a 3 hour walk away. Luckily after 40 minutes walking we caught a bus, then another bus, then a train and got back.

At least we were long gone when the shooting happened right outside the exact place we would have had to wait for the train back. 13-year old girl shot twice in the leg, arrested a "young male suspect". The girl will recover, still don't know why it happened.

I saw no parade, I saw no players, I saw no rally. I pretty much went to Cleveland and walked/stood around in the biggest crowds ever for the city, and came home. I would've gotten to the train at 5 AM had I known it would be this nuts. Also, if I (and the other 3 people I was with) didn't have work today we would have stayed longer at the rally obviously to see the team. Now I know in case we ever win a championship again. :eusa_doh:

Jesus, the days are dragging on. I find myself settling in right around game time and then realizing there's no fcuking game.

Same here. I never follow off season, but this off season is very interesting to me. Lots of good FA's, we got Rose already going to Knick, Butler trade rumors. Going to be interesting for sure. Dwight, Pau, Deung, KD, Whiteside, etc all free agents.

Cleveland was insane. Estimated 1.3 million people in the city. Just a sea of people everywhere.

My parade plan didn't work out, very disappointed. The main reason is that people started lining up on the parade route at 3:30-4:00 AM. Had I known this would happen, I would've entered the city earlier.

I live an hour and a half from Cleveland so there was no way I was going to drive in the morning. I stayed overnight in a hotel that was 10 minutes from a Rapid Transit train station and figured our group of 4 would get there at 7:00 AM and hope to get into Cleveland by 9:00 AM. The city said to use the trains, so that was the plan. As it was for thousands of others.

Stood in an outdoor line for 4.5 hours for that train and finally got into the city at 12:15 PM. The parade was delayed, but started while we were on the train. Missed it at the spot I originally wanted to be in. Next step was to just head towards the end of the route for the Rally. Went there, but the parade took forever because of piss-poor crowd control, people were blocking the route and making just enough room for the vehicles to get through. People were so close the players were shaking hands with them. We watched this on the jumbo screens from our spot at the rally. We decided to leave at 2:30, couldn't handle anymore waiting we had to get back. The mass exodus had already begun, lines packed inside the Tower City mall/station 3 floors long. We figured the trains would be another 5 hour wait or more. We decided to just start walking back to original start point - a 3 hour walk away. Luckily after 40 minutes walking we caught a bus, then another bus, then a train and got back.

At least we were long gone when the shooting happened right outside the exact place we would have had to wait for the train back. 13-year old girl shot twice in the leg, arrested a "young male suspect". The girl will recover, still don't know why it happened.

I saw no parade, I saw no players, I saw no rally. I pretty much went to Cleveland and walked/stood around in the biggest crowds ever for the city, and came home. I would've gotten to the train at 5 AM had I known it would be this nuts. Also, if I (and the other 3 people I was with) didn't have work today we would have stayed longer at the rally obviously to see the team. Now I know in case we ever win a championship again. :eusa_doh:

Always watch the parade on TV! I saw the aftermath pics, looked like a shyt show.

When all the parades are over and the fanfare subsides, you're still in Cleveland.

When all the parades are over and the fanfare subsides, you're still in Cleveland.

Haha, I'm not arguing with that. :lol2:

• 2 weeks later...
Jesus. I don't even know what to say. Lol.

I didn't know it before hand, but I did bet a couple people that he would join GSW.

Same here. Phone is blowing up, internet is crazy, what a 4th of July. Warriors are going to kill it. LOVE KD. So happy he made the right choice.

what a Joke. Team wins 73 games and now has Durant... This deal should be BLOCKED by the commish.

they will be unstoppable and the MOST hated team in history. I would laugh my ass off if KD can't get a title in GS. They blocked Chris paul from going to the lakers a while back , but this is ok?

what a Joke. Team wins 73 games and now has Durant... This deal should be BLOCKED by the commish.

they will be unstoppable and the MOST hated team in history. I would laugh my ass off if KD can't get a title in GS. They blocked Chris paul from going to the lakers a while back , but this is ok?

KD is a free agent, he can go where he wants. I believe the CP3 deal was a trade. NBA owned the Hornets at the time, correct?

Bring on the hate :icon_mrgreen:

Agreed. This is retarded.

They will rack up the championships as long as they can hold that group together but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't break 73 wins.