Stepping into the stock market...

Teckademics8

PS oil is having a dead count bounce rally... Look for 55-60bbl, and then it will settle, and start to rise again...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been in vxx for 6 days now waiting for the second wave before the santa rally. Lets go vix!

Im not feeling a "santa rally"... I think we had a november rally, things got frothy, and we're in the pullback now... I suspect q4/q1 numbers will be great given a full quarter of cheap fuel... Look for the rally there.

My brother had gotten me interested in doing some stock trading but I've never had a single minute of hands on experience. I would love to start something simple and put in a small amount to see where it could take me with my free time.

Coming from somebody who doesn't know anything about the stock market, where's the best place to start to get my foot into the door?

Thank you!

-Spencer

Wow lots of negativity in this thread. Don't let that discourage you.

Most of my cars are paid for by stock market profits. Although I will admit you can lose money easily, you can also make money easier than not just a 9-5 but a business as well.

If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me.

My last successful trade was buying the January 50 Calls for Yahoo when it was trading in the high 30s in mid October. Over 1000% ROI

Vix is starting to climb back up people... at 16 now... Look for 20-25...

Vix at 20,

Does anyone know what is happening with goog? My mom asked me she just sold it after watching it drop from 600 to 520, i haven't followed anything but I'm guessing that's the squeeze? RD you mentioned the shorting on oil and 2-3% drop on Dow. Are you still bullish on stocks overall? Gold?

Does anyone know what is happening with goog? My mom asked me she just sold it after watching it drop from 600 to 520, i haven't followed anything but I'm guessing that's the squeeze? RD you mentioned the shorting on oil and 2-3% drop on Dow. Are you still bullish on stocks overall? Gold?

Gold is a hedge... Nothing more... Keep it a small % of a portfolio.

My long term sentiment on stocks and oil is bullish... My short term... Not sure... Monday will tell more. If it goes down much further Im a buyer.

Did your mom lock in a profit with her sale?

nope... she is hating on whoever made google go down right now.

she says she is mad she sold target and tjmax which are no brainers to do good in any market imo.

i think she has bidu..

Quick question for some of you veterans, I'm clearly a novice here... I opened a Scottrade account and they merged my deceased father's account with mine. I called them and they said "no problem, you can keep the stock." 35 shares of AVNR. At the time, it was worth $2.80ish/share and is now right under $17... Glad I kept it around. Looks like they just got bought by the Japanese. I am considering selling - but then again always think "What if this keeps climbing?" It has zero ratings... Also, wondering what sort of weird ass tax implications I'm in here. Although it's only 35 shares...

Quick question for some of you veterans, I'm clearly a novice here... I opened a Scottrade account and they merged my deceased father's account with mine. I called them and they said "no problem, you can keep the stock." 35 shares of AVNR. At the time, it was worth $2.80ish/share and is now right under $17... Glad I kept it around. Looks like they just got bought by the Japanese. I am considering selling - but then again always think "What if this keeps climbing?" It has zero ratings... Also, wondering what sort of weird ass tax implications I'm in here. Although it's only 35 shares...

Nobody ever lost money selling at a profit.

nope... she is hating on whoever made google go down right now.

Then why the eff did she sell?

Nobody ever lost money selling at a profit.

Good advice, sir. I always have to remind myself of what solid ground I'm on with various things and not go, "But what if..."

Btw, where the heck has the oil thread gone?? Roman?

It will return... Shhhh.

Good advice, sir. I always have to remind myself of what solid ground I'm on with various things and not go, "But what if..."

You dont have to sell EVERYTHING (although, with just a few shares, commission eats your profits!)

fcuking market really turned south today... Started off way up, and as soon as the cops hit the chocolate factory, it went to shit.

Anywho... If you're reading this, you're looking at the vix... And the dow... And the 10 yr.... And seeing buying opportunities... May go lower... We may plummet the rest of the month... But if you missed the october pullback, you'll want in on this at some point...

You dont have to sell EVERYTHING (although, with just a few shares, commission eats your profits!)

Ya it was only a handful of shares. The money will go to good use!

dear santa,

plz make the following stocks go up

SODA

COH

TSLA

NOV

DNOW

Once those are up, plz move these up 2 k thx

TCS

LUK

PRLB

MSA

CNI

PRAA

PII

MSM

KORS

GILD

How could you ever lose your ass on investing in oil? Finite resource, demand only going to go up? Invest when it's low - sell later when it's high or during a crisis. What the fcuk am I missing here?