Stepping into the stock market...

Teckademics8

How could you ever lose your ass on investing in oil? Finite resource, demand only going to go up? Invest when it's low - sell later when it's high or during a crisis. What the fcuk am I missing here?

Too many "investors" aren't investors... They are wanna be traders. Or worse... Scared gamblers who don't understand the first two principals of investing.... Courage to Risk... And time....

Traders, like those who trade professionally with other people's money, don't need courage (it's not their money) and don't have time.(they are judged by their yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly, daily and now with HFT, sometimes hourly returns)... Fm you spend any time listening to a financial show or reading a stock market book, they are inevitably written and hosted by former traders... And what they did has nothing to do with you... And if you try to be like them you will lose, if for no other reason, the trading fees will eat you alive.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anywho... If you're reading this, you're looking at the vix... And the dow... And the 10 yr.... And seeing buying opportunities... May go lower... We may plummet the rest of the month... But if you missed the october pullback, you'll want in on this at some point...

If you bought when I posted this, you made 700 pts on the Dow.... In two days.

• 3 weeks later...

I smell some hedgies blowing up on oil positions... Remember large funds had ghost oil tankers sitting offshore from the last dip.... Crap the oil billionair in texas doubled down his hedges back when it was in the 60's.... He must not be sleeping at night right now...