So... Ebola...

Roman

Nurse #1 being reported as ebola free, family also cleared. Cameraman in Nebraska also ebola free and headed home. That leaves only one confirmed case left in the U.S., nurse number 2 Nina Pham.

yeah i think we are safe here in the US. its under control.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nurse #1 being reported as ebola free, family also cleared. Cameraman in Nebraska also ebola free and headed home. That leaves only one confirmed case left in the U.S., nurse number 2 Nina Pham.

Thought she was nurse 1.

There has been probably a few hundred exposed. And with a possible incubation of 45 days(stated earlier in this thread), we are hardly out of the woods. Plus I heard on the radio of a possible case in Newark this morning.

The real gravity of the situation probably won't be known until after November 4th. I'm sure the administration is pulling every string (Duh, Klein) to keep things quarantined (no pun intended) before election day. IMO, it seems eerily quiet. If it's all quiet after elections, then I'd say we're out of the woods.... for now.

The real gravity of the situation probably won't be known until after November 4th. I'm sure the administration is pulling every string (Duh, Klein) to keep things quarantined (no pun intended) before election day. IMO, it seems eerily quiet. If it's all quiet after elections, then I'd say we're out of the woods.... for now.

Shhhhh!!! I posted almost the exact same thing right before the forum crashed last week.... Yep... That post was lost...

NYC might have it's first Ebola quarantined patient.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/doctor...ticle-1.1984941

33-year-old doctor identified as Craig Spencer returned recently while working in West Africa.

Spencer, who was one of the medics working in Guinea with Doctors Without Borders, had been back for 10 days and quarantined himself after developing nausea and a high fever, sources said. He was rushed Thursday to Bellevue Hospital with symptoms of the deadly disease.

At least when he started to feel sick he had the sense to quanantine himself. Preliminary tests due in next 12 hours.

At least when he started to feel sick he had the sense to quanantine himself. Preliminary tests due in next 12 hours.

We're just going to keep hearing this story over and over....

And now it's in Mali.

Yea, he was a fcuking genius

While officials have said they expected isolated cases of the disease to arrive in New York eventually, and had been preparing for this moment for months, the first case highlighted the challenges surrounding containment of the virus, especially in a crowded metropolis. Dr. Spencer had traveled on the A and L subway lines Wednesday night, visited a bowling alley in Williamsburg, then took a taxi back to Manhattan. .

http://news.yahoo.com/doctor-visited-afric...-003404036.html

NEW YORK (AP) — An emergency room doctor who recently returned to the city after treating Ebola patients in West Africa has tested positive for the virus, becoming the first case in the city and the fourth in the nation.

Mayor Bill de Blasio and Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Thursday urged residents not to be alarmed by the doctor's Ebola diagnosis, even as they described him riding the subway, taking a cab and bowling. De Blasio said all city officials followed "clear and strong" protocols in their handling and treatment of him.

"We want to state at the outset that New Yorkers have no reason to be alarmed," de Blasio said. "New Yorkers who have not been exposed are not at all at risk."

The doctor, Craig Spencer, a member of Doctors Without Borders who had been working in Guinea, returned six days ago and reported Thursday morning coming down with a 103-degree fever and diarrhea. He was being treated in an isolation ward at Manhattan's Bellevue Hospital, a designated Ebola center.

All of the articles that i've read today are worded that the Uber driver was deemed "not to be at risk", as opposed to having being tested and getting a negative result.

That seems far too complacent in my opinion, especially given the amount of contact with other passengers he could potentially have.

What a FING MORON! Traveling on the subway, which hit record attendance numbers this week, and went bowling. If you were treating Ebola IN Africa you think you would have common sense enough to monitor yourself during the incubation period. Not traveling in Americas busiest subways.

What a FING MORON! Traveling on the subway, which hit record attendance numbers this week, and went bowling. If you were treating Ebola IN Africa you think you would have common sense enough to monitor yourself during the incubation period. Not traveling in Americas busiest subways.

^^^^^^:iamwithstupid:

So...two doctors in Africa who were treating patients with Ebola ended up contracting it anyway, but then a doctor who was doing the same thing returns home to New York City. While very commendable what he was doing, it doesn't occur to him to maybe take some precautions since if other doctors caught Ebola, he might have inadvertently caught it too while over there? Instead he goes out and about, riding taxis, the subway, bowling alley, etc...it is almost comical, like he was purposely doing everything he could to try and spread the virus (I know he wasn't, but if there's anyway to do it, that's how).

I am really surprised, especially in light of the original two doctors that caught it, and nurses that caught it, that they do not have a mandatory quarantine period for personnel returning from treating Ebola patients in Africa. Instead they just return and are free to go out and about. I mean we used to quarantine the ASTRONAUTS who visited the Moon, a place with no atmosphere, and in completely sealed space suits, just in case, somehow, they contracted some alien disease of some type.

There ought to be some type of government requirement that if you go to such a region to treat such people, when you return home, you go into a quarantine before you can go out and about (a quarantine conducent to the incubation period of the disease they were treating). Or maybe quarantine them before they come home even.

Does anybody know the time he was on the subway? I mean if it was 2am then I think everything is fine but if he was on at 6-7am or 5-6pm there is a problem. To those who have not been on a subway it is either basically empty or PACKED, rubbing against people's clothes, hands, bags, etc.

Regardless, a person TREATING ebola patients is free to travel back and forth with no monitoring or quarantine just shows how much the govt actually gives a fcuk. How many ppl are visiting family members in effected area and coming in and out every day......

So much wrong with this Doc's actions. Treating patients with a disease that has such deadly consequences and a long incubation period and then acting as if he was Superman and immune.

I dont get why people on the front lines over there aren't on a strict 21 day quanrantine when arriving back like Wheels said. Its common sense! To everyone but this administration and those idiot doctors I guess.

Round two of it's North American Tour for 2014, is NYC! Wonder what lucky city will get the next dose.

It makes sense when you think about it....

Where else can you get Liberian food at three in the morning but New York City?