Diablo 6.0 Twin Turbo Build

limey

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excited to see the build complete! Looks great so far!

• 2 months later...

Turbo kits all done, only got the water line plumbing to do. Once the kit is then tested and tuning complete, will remove everything and start the polishing, powder coating and tarting up process.

20150519_193531.jpg

2015051995193545.jpg

2015051995193604.jpg

2015051995193701.jpg

Word of advice from my own personal experience, treat it like the plumbing on a house. Cap everything and pressure test it before you ever try it with the car running. You don't want it leaking boost or worse yet injesting a bunch of water.

On the charge pipes, just weld a plate onto a piece of tubing and clamp it in place with the silicon coupler. Do that x4, and have two with Schrader valves threaded into them with a pressure gauge.

Do the same on the cooling side. A little work here will save you a lot of headaches later. I know your charge pipes are all of 24" long, but its still worth checking.

Looks great!!

I wonder how that exhaust will work if the engine twists as it looks tight with the surrounding flange.

This project is amazing considering that almost no one else would have tried.

I agree with Emanon, thats a good idea.

Looks great!!

I wonder how that exhaust will work if the engine twists as it looks tight with the surrounding flange.

Turbos look to be hard mounted independent of the motor and have flex bellows on the hot side, with silicon couplers on the cold side. It might move a little due to heat, but motor movement shouldn't affect anything.

Word of advice from my own personal experience, treat it like the plumbing on a house. Cap everything and pressure test it before you ever try it with the car running. You don't want it leaking boost or worse yet injesting a bunch of water.

On the charge pipes, just weld a plate onto a piece of tubing and clamp it in place with the silicon coupler. Do that x4, and have two with Schrader valves threaded into them with a pressure gauge.

Do the same on the cooling side. A little work here will save you a lot of headaches later. I know your charge pipes are all of 24" long, but its still worth checking.

:iamwithstupid:

I made this one the other day for my Abarth since I had a small turbo leak. Worked like a charm to pressurize the whole system.

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-t...ter-5-02-a.html

What size are the turbos? They look large! I would think they are capable of making much more power than a non-built engine could handle.

Intercooler.

God this is slow and painful progress, but getting there.

post-1440-1426091482.jpeg

post-1440-1426091529.jpeg

post-1440-1426091554.jpeg

post-1440-1426091570.jpeg

post-1440-1426091543.jpeg

Sorry, if I missed it, but can I ask, what kind of finish did you paint the valve covers with? Is it ceramic paint? How about the intake plenums? They look BEAUTIFUL! I think that'd be badass as shit on a Countach! :D

Intercooler.

God this is slow and painful progress, but getting there.

post-1440-1426091482.jpeg

post-1440-1426091529.jpeg

post-1440-1426091554.jpeg

post-1440-1426091570.jpeg

post-1440-1426091543.jpeg

Sorry, if I missed it, but can I ask, what kind of finish did you paint the valve covers with? Is it ceramic paint? How about the intake plenums? They look BEAUTIFUL! I think that'd be badass as shit on a Countach! :D

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes and no,

The Turbo kit is all finished, It's now removed from the car so we can reinstall the transmission and other odds and ends. Im expecting to have it all assembled in the next couple weeks, then i will need to have the ECM programmed, sometime January it should be on the road, But the Turbo kit is finished.

Yes and no,

The Turbo kit is all finished, It's now removed from the car so we can reinstall the transmission and other odds and ends. Im expecting to have it all assembled in the next couple weeks, then i will need to have the ECM programmed, sometime January it should be on the road, But the Turbo kit is finished.

Cant wait to see it man!

• 2 months later...
Yes and no,

Just read the whole thread and am anxious to hear of any update to this beast?

• 2 weeks later...

You have the tuner situation figured out?

I'd love to see this car when it's up and running. After tons of projects that I've done in the past that were one off stuff, I can relate to delays beyond comprehension. Lol.

• 1 month later...

Any updates!?

I (and many others I'm sure) have been looking forward to the completion of this project for a while now. Very cool!

Hope she's on the road soon!

• 9 months later...