Diablo 6.0 Twin Turbo Build

limey

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More eye candy, just picked this up today.

Identical weave colour and pattern as the stock 6.0 interior, no-one else has this carbon fibre that matches the 6.0 :-)

Carbon.jpg

CarbonA.jpg

CarbonB.jpg

CarbonC.jpg

CarbonD.jpg

The Haltech Elite series ECU would and could run this car with ease.

Good on you for not going Motec... there are plenty of ecus out there that do not get a mention!

More eye candy, just picked this up today.

Identical weave colour and pattern as the stock 6.0 interior, no-one else has this carbon fibre that matches the 6.0 :-)

post-1440-1410374833_thumb.jpg

post-1440-1410374847_thumb.jpg

post-1440-1410374854_thumb.jpg

post-1440-1410374861_thumb.jpg

post-1440-1410374870_thumb.jpg

who built these for you? fantastic!

Emilio,

I used a local guy, has done some fantastic work for me and VERY reasonable priced. He did 6.0 rockers for me too, as well as some engine covers.

Emilio,

I used a local guy, has done some fantastic work for me and VERY reasonable priced. He did 6.0 rockers for me too, as well as some engine covers.

I have a 6.0 and would love to get an engine cover from your local guy.

• 1 month later...

S.O.S, im afraid, waiting on vendors to get a fire lit up their arse.

3 months to build the headers!

I had the ECU designed, built from scratch, new wire harnesses made before the fabricator built 2 headers, which still are not finished.

So that's where i stand today, the ECU system if finished, removed the stock Marelli BAE 720 Coils and went with the 4 pin AUDI style that allow a lot hotter spark and much more options, not to mention cost is 18.00 per coil to $600.00 PER COIL for the Marelli, which only one vendor has any now that the factory discontinued the Marelli ones.

Went with 850 cc injectors for UL fuel, not going to use E85 fuels. Will upload some pictures of the engine harnes and ECU setup.

Can you tell me more about the coils, and can they be fitted to a standard car easily ?

I think the answer is no.

If you need coils for your 6.0 talk with whiteout

I think the answer is no.

If you need coils for your 6.0 talk with whiteout

These coils will not work on the factory ecu. This is a full custom ignition system with many changes.

Whiteout, or sp power. Ebay too, they are listed there, about $1k for the set I think.

Ps, whatever you do, keep your old coils, they will be priceless one day and a must for any restoration or originality.

I had the ECU designed, built from scratch, new wire harnesses made before the fabricator built 2 headers, which still are not finished.

So that's where i stand today, the ECU system if finished, removed the stock Marelli BAE 720 Coils and went with the 4 pin AUDI style that allow a lot hotter spark and much more options, not to mention cost is 18.00 per coil to $600.00 PER COIL for the Marelli, which only one vendor has any now that the factory discontinued the Marelli ones.

Went with 850 cc injectors for UL fuel, not going to use E85 fuels. Will upload some pictures of the engine harnes and ECU setup.

Lol, send it to my local guy. He'd put his heart into it and be done in a week or two tops!

Lol, send it to my local guy. He'd put his heart into it and be done in a week or two tops for the headers!

Custom harness, EURO12 ECU, 4 pin Audi coils modified to fit 6.0 cylinders, 850cc injectors, with custom injector harness, 2 into 1 harness converter, O2 sensors and interface box.

Ends up about the same cost as 2 New Lamborghinin LIE ecu's and 100% tune able to any configuration.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

just for info - the GFA display units are made by EFI Technology srl - so I'm wondering if the GFA and original LIE units are too ?

So you are maybe just upgrading from one EFI unit to another !

just for info - the GFA display units are made by EFI Technology srl - so I'm wondering if the GFA and original LIE units are too ?

Same name, but thats it, nothing else is even remotely similiar. I only wish it was that simple, what would have been nice is if EFI Technologies would have reprogrammed the stock ECu's, that would have been perfect, but you have no idea how hard i tried and strings i pulled to attempt this, not interested was the response.

Your optimism for the driveline is infectious, however I don't know of any diablo that's made that kind of power. With that said, I know of no platforms in the world that have held that kind of power with stock driveline. Maybe on borrowed time at best a choice few platforms can handle it. After building multiple 4 digit hp cars, I'd go ahead and plan on building difs and axles to lessen the down time. Huge difference between 750whp, 950whp, and 1200+... Can't wait to see the outcome!

These coils will not work on the factory ecu. This is a full custom ignition system with many changes.

Whiteout, or sp power. Ebay too, they are listed there, about $1k for the set I think.

Ps, whatever you do, keep your old coils, they will be priceless one day and a must for any restoration or originality.

The VW coils are a good choice if you're converting the entire computer system over. Cheap, readily available, 10+ years of boosted applications, and VW is constantly updating them.

I love the harness direct plug in! That's fantastic. I also like the coil idea. Way cheaper alternative to the factory coils. I do have a question about the factory coils though, do they have their own built in amplifiers?

whoops.. double replied.. I actually have some other questions.. How are you going to duplicate the CANBUS signals? Or have you already decoded that?