limey

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok,

Lets keep this Diablo related though can we, i see this post going way off track now those statements were mentioned.

Ok,

Lets keep this Diablo related though can we, i see this post going way off track now those statements were mentioned.

I agree.. I apologize.

Looking good, interested in seeing how much power it makes.

Did you have your engine built in NY?

Indeed I did, Ramone did it, you know him?

Wow, small world...Ramon has done/is doing a couple of engines for me as well, and I can speak for m3Jasper to say he knows him very well. He does very good work.

I do, I know Ramon well.

He's in a league of his own, imo, when it comes to porting cylinder heads and extracting max & efficient horsepower. Great choice!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the comments, I felt that setup make a big FU statement. On the home stretch now, IC up next and then the biggest issue to face is the throttle body. Currently oval style and no way to secure clamps to hold anything over 6 psi, as experienced last time round. Just not enough meat for the clamps to bolt onto, may have to weld onto them, which actually is the only section of the turbo kit that is a permanent modification.

Still deciding on how to best tackle the round to oval issue, suggestions welcome!

Limey, after reading this thread I know that you are aware of Nelson Racing Engines and their work on TT Diablos. If you haven't already seen it, in the video below you can see how NRE addressed the round turbo outlet to oval throttle body transition for this customer's build. Just another option for you to consider.

Limey, after reading this thread I know that you are aware of Nelson Racing Engines and their work on TT Diablos. If you haven't already seen it, in the video below you can see how NRE addressed the round turbo outlet to oval throttle body transition for this customer's build. Just another option for you to consider.

At this point Nelson has been working on that car for so long I don't think there's much to be learned from them.

I do like the way he incorporates the intercoolers into the intake plenums, though...

Great progress! The NRE video is pretty impressive as well!

• 1 month later...

Oh and in spite of these cars selling for $350k now, im going to drive it and enjoy, not park it and baby it.

Good to see updates. What main items remain to be finished?

Some oil plumbing lines and the adapters for the I/C. Is next, and throttle body connections.

Still a fare bit to do though.