Please Help me With this Purchasing Decision!

ghost

What is Lambo Going to Announce Early Next Year?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Choose from one of the choices below

• Scneario 1: Face-lifted Aventador
    • Scenario 2: Special-edition Aventador
    • Scenario 3: Something non-Aventador

For those of you that don't know, cars in Singapore are fk'in expensive due to all the taxes and import duties they place on vehicles given that they want to restrict the car population. The market is also very small and reasonably illiquid. Lastly, the government has recently put in place measures to further cool the market that include limits to loan values and tenors.

All of this has put a freeze on the local sales, and Dealers are crying because inventory is not moving. Because of this, I do have a good opportunity from the local Lambo dealer to move on a new Aventador. The price is good (not great), but my concern is what to expect come early next year.

I see three possible scenarios:

SCENARIO 1:

Early next year, a face-lifted Aventador is announced. The current model was rolled-out in early 2011 so early 2015 (4 years) is about the right time to offer a face-lift. If I buy the current model Aventador today, and a facelift comes out early next year, I'm gong to get fk'd as the market for this model Aventador will dry up and I'll be sitting on large losses...if I can move the car at all. Plus it sucks to buy a car just before a facelift.

SCENARIO 2:

The announcement early next year relates to an Aventador variant. Meaning not a facelifted version of the base Aventador, but an "SV" or another special edition. In this case, the base Aventador (ie, the one I am possibly looking to purchase) would continue as is for at least another year and I'd be a happy camper.

SCENARIO 3:

The announcement early next year is not about the Aventador or a variant of it at all but rather about, say, the Huracan Spider. In this scenario, I am once again happy that the base Aventador remains untouched. An alternative to this scenario is that no announcement is made whatsoever early next year but I would find that hard to believe give that Lambo always seems to make an announcement early in the year so that the new cars are delivered by Sept onwards.

If I were a betting man -- which I'm not -- I would suspect that Scenario A is most likely, that we're going to see a facelifted Aventador by early next year. The four-year cycle makes sense to me, as does the fact that they are rolling out special editions (50th year anniversary, etc.) this year. If you believe this, then I would be best served to hold off on purchasing the current model. Yes, I'll pay more for the facelift, but at least it will be liquid in the sub-sale market, and I won't lose my shirt over a short period of time vis-a-vis depreciation. Again, all of this is in the context of the Singapore high-end vehicle market dynamics, so apologies in advance if any of the logic sounds strange to you. Unfortunately for my wallet, I've bought enough cars here to know that this is the way the market works.

What are your thoughts? I really need to understand group consensus.

I've started a poll. Feel free to give your input.

For those of you that don't know, cars in Singapore are fk'in expensive due to all the taxes and import duties they place on vehicles given that they want to restrict the car population. The market is also very small and reasonably illiquid. Lastly, the government has recently put in place measures to further cool the market that include limits to loan values and tenors.

All of this has put a freeze on the local sales, and Dealers are crying because inventory is not moving. Because of this, I do have a good opportunity from the local Lambo dealer to move on a new Aventador. The price is good (not great), but my concern is what to expect come early next year.

I see three possible scenarios:

SCENARIO 1:

Early next year, a face-lifted Aventador is announced. The current model was rolled-out in early 2011 so early 2015 (4 years) is about the right time to offer a face-lift. If I buy the current model Aventador today, and a facelift comes out early next year, I'm gong to get fk'd as the market for this model Aventador will dry up and I'll be sitting on large losses...if I can move the car at all. Plus it sucks to buy a car just before a facelift.

SCENARIO 2:

The announcement early next year relates to an Aventador variant. Meaning not a facelifted version of the base Aventador, but an "SV" or another special edition. In this case, the base Aventador (ie, the one I am possibly looking to purchase) would continue as is for at least another year and I'd be a happy camper.

SCENARIO 3:

The announcement early next year is not about the Aventador or a variant of it at all but rather about, say, the Huracan Spider. In this scenario, I am once again happy that the base Aventador remains untouched. An alternative to this scenario is that no announcement is made whatsoever early next year but I would find that hard to believe give that Lambo always seems to make an announcement early in the year so that the new cars are delivered by Sept onwards.

If I were a betting man -- which I'm not -- I would suspect that Scenario A is most likely, that we're going to see a facelifted Aventador by early next year. The four-year cycle makes sense to me, as does the fact that they are rolling out special editions (50th year anniversary, etc.) this year. If you believe this, then I would be best served to hold off on purchasing the current model. Yes, I'll pay more for the facelift, but at least it will be liquid in the sub-sale market, and I won't lose my shirt over a short period of time vis-a-vis depreciation. Again, all of this is in the context of the Singapore high-end vehicle market dynamics, so apologies in advance if any of the logic sounds strange to you. Unfortunately for my wallet, I've bought enough cars here to know that this is the way the market works.

What are your thoughts? I really need to understand group consensus.

I've started a poll. Feel free to give your input.

Aventador coupe prices are already dropping as quick as a brick in water. So you could either (a) get a great deal on a 2012/2013 and be happy for a year or two or (B) get yourself into a Huracan. This beast is going to eat up 458's, McLaren 650S' and even the Aventador..........a HELL of a lot of car for the money. Obviously something is going to happen next year in regards to horspower on the Aventador due to it only being a 90hp difference between the HUracan!

I hope they come out with the sv next year rather than a facelift. Sales are doing great for the aventador and I don't think there is any need to have a facelift. I think you should get the car now you can't wait forever you aren't going to find anything out till most likely next year so you will have to wait till then to make a decision rather than have the car and enjoy it. I love mine and you will love whatever you get.

I'd personally go the SV but I think whichever is produced last of the 3 will have highest value. Like said above, freshest product.

There is a simpler answer, make more money!

I only deal with known quantities whatever happens it always will you might get it right or you might get it wrong if you can never deprive yourself of the opportunity of living in the moment, you are making dollars to burn on things you enjoy, you want to enjoy those things 24/7 because you never know what's around the corner, good luck with your decision.

There will always be a better, faster and wilder car down the road. Look at all the consumer electronic goods of today --- PC's, cameras, cel phones etc... --- by the time you brought them home from the stores, they are outdated if not obsolete altogether. Cars are almost going down the same path. If you have the financial means, just purchase whatever you desire and enjoy it within the time being.

aventador in singapore cost you about 1.5 to .1.7 usd i think , almost the same in my country indonesia

aventador in singapore cost you about 1.5 to .1.7 usd i think , almost the same in my country indonesia

my buddy just bought a used Aventador for 800k usd..

Ghost, i thought you would only buy a stick shift. :icon_mrgreen:

my buddy just bought a used Aventador for 800k usd..

Ghost, i thought you would only buy a stick shift. :icon_mrgreen:

Sign of the times, I guess. No choice. Literally.

why not just lease it and not worry about depreciation?

Have a friend who does exotics and luxury leases if you need referrals.

She was showing my the residual values and was surprised on some of the numbers.

why not just lease it and not worry about depreciation?

Have a friend who does exotics and luxury leases if you need referrals.

She was showing my the residual values and was surprised on some of the numbers.

Sure, I'd love to hear about this. Didn't think leasing was that active a business in Singapore although I do understand leasing has heated up given recent government actions that have increased the price of cars within the city even higher than the crazy levels they were previously at.

Since you're located here (so it seems from your profile) please free to send me a PM with the details.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

2015 Aventadors will NOT have a facelift or 'FL' version. Visually it will remain the same. Changes to it are to include a button to raise and lower spoiler, with mid model (Q2/Q3 Year 2015) having further option to raise rear vent intake plates. SV version is slated to be a 2016 release, and Canadian prices will break the 700K mark. I already have a deposit in, and have seen unofficial prototype renderings from the dealership, its head and tail-lights heavily influenced by the Veneno, power is expected to be close to 800HP, with rumors of a dual clutch haulover and electric hybrid drive added to boost power to over 900HP in the later lifecycle of the SV.

2015 Aventadors will NOT have a facelift or 'FL' version. Visually it will remain the same. Changes to it are to include a button to raise and lower spoiler, with mid model (Q2/Q3 Year 2015) having further option to raise rear vent intake plates. SV version is slated to be a 2016 release, and Canadian prices will break the 700K mark. I already have a deposit in, and have seen unofficial prototype renderings from the dealership, its head and tail-lights heavily influenced by the Veneno, power is expected to be close to 800HP, with rumors of a dual clutch haulover and electric hybrid drive added to boost power to over 900HP in the later lifecycle of the SV.

Wow, that's said with a lot of authority. Well let's hope so...cause I just pulled the trigger. ;)