E-Gear Paddle Extensions are ready!

Fabspeed_Motorsport

I told you guys I'd get them done for you :icon_mrgreen: I decided since the other thread was getting a little old (yea, yea... four years).

At this time we are just going to be offering them in an ABS plastic.. we toyed with the aluminum, machined them in house on our HAAS machines, had a finished product, and by the time each was welded and finished we had over 14 hours into making just ONE set. The price we would have to put on them to just break even would have been prohibitively expensive. I can tell you that the ABS variants feel NICE, they have a subtle carbon fiber looking finish to them.. All in all I am beyond happy with how they turned out. We took all of the input you guys offered and incorporated it into our final product.

The very last step is test fitting them on a car in house which should be happening soon!

I do not have pricing worked out just yet, I will have that finalized ni the next day or so and will start taking pre-orders for anyone that is interested,

Gallardo%20Paddle%20Extensions%20-%20Pro

Gallardo%20Paddle%20Extensions%20-%20Det

Gallardo%20Paddle%20Extensions%20-%20Det

Gallardo%20Paddle%20Extensions%20-%20OEM

Gallardo%20Paddle%20Extensions%20-%20OEM

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man these look sweet!! I never liked the tiny paddle feel on the E-gears cars. These should make for a nice upgrade.

David, I will take a set. E-mail sent! :icon_thumleft:

Are the OEM paddles on the 570 same as other models? Basically will these aftermarket paddles work with the 570 stockers?

I plan to. I am sitting down with our engineer and the owner of our company shortly to figure it out. I will have it posted before the end of the day.

Dave I am in for a set. Just out of curiosity how much would an alum set cost?

Dave I am in for a set. Just out of curiosity how much would an alum set cost?

more than I think would be fair to charge, and most people would be willing to pay... to give you an idea, for the one half of a test set we machined in our HAAS Vertical mill, it took 10 hours, then welding and finishing... figure our engineering rate is $130/hr, they would literally cost thousands of dollars.

What does the backside that your fingers will be touching look like? How are they anchored-with a rubber strap? Are they very stable feeling or move around a bit?

I can do $400 done deal for plastic as $500 is too pricey in my opinion since it's not made out carbon.

I could see $599 price point for carbon autoclave and it would sell well. I'm comparing carbon paddles on ferraris to know where they are selling well.

• 3 weeks later...
more than I think would be fair to charge, and most people would be willing to pay... to give you an idea, for the one half of a test set we machined in our HAAS Vertical mill, it took 10 hours, then welding and finishing... figure our engineering rate is $130/hr, they would literally cost thousands of dollars.

Hi david,

nice looking set of paddles.

Have you considered wrapping the paddles in gloss carbon fibre wrap as the wraps have improved considerably in quality.

Alternatively the carbon fibre wrap skinning process?

Or the carbon fibre hydro dipping process.

I am sure as a manufacturer you can get a good price from the providers of these respective kits.

I am not aware of the wear factor for these carbon fibre skins, but I believe the skinning process as it is a resin wrap is the most durable.

Don't know how it feels, but I wear the audi leather touch tec nano conducting gloves anyway to stop oily and sweaty hands damaging alcantara and aircon/fan controls.

http://audicollectionusa.com/Accessories/L...-driving-gloves

Just my two cents worth.

cheers,

john