E-Gear Paddle Extensions are ready!

Fabspeed_Motorsport

I told you guys I'd get them done for you :icon_mrgreen: I decided since the other thread was getting a little old (yea, yea... four years).

Figured I'd give this a bump after a couple months & ask for an update on the paddles? ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, the sample set is in Colorado with our mold maker, he is making progress and should be cranking them out this week or next week!

I think we've all heard this before

Cant wait to see them

• 2 weeks later...
NEED these to go with my new Eurocharged egear upgrade!!

I know I've said it before but it really shouldn't be long now. I am happy we went the mold route and think the additional wait will pay off for everyone.

• 1 month later...

Slightly off topic but if you decide to make an extension for the new 991 GT3, I'd be interested as well. If there's one gripe about that car it is that the paddles are way too short. I'm used to having more "coverage area" for my fingers to grab.

Do keep me posted on the Gallardo as well. May pick a set up for my Superleggera.

Any update on the $400 ones? Checked your website and only see the original ones listed. I assume the new ones aren't finished yet? My lady took the car out the other day and did a nice high beam & windshield washer into Neutral :lol:

The problem with the gallardo paddles appears to be two fold:

1. getting them to fit around the wiper and light stalks

2. getting the steering wheel of and actually rebuilding the paddle assembly

It seams that the slip on covers or horns were the easier path to go down. That being said this is a unicorn project....it will never be done.

Hello, my name is Mike and I just wanted to chime in on the status of the paddles.

As AG02M5 stated David is no longer with us but he filled me in on what is going on with the paddles.

At this point, we are just waiting for a phone call from our mold maker in Colorado.

I'll follow up with more information soon as we hear something from him which will be later today.

I tried the ones that attached to the existing paddles on my R8. They were complete shit. They would fall off and wouldn't shift half the time.

So, there is an update for these. I apologize for the long wait but we really would like to get this perfected out of the gate. The Colorado Mold Maker we dealt with had an issue with his stress testing and durability of the paddles. So, currently we are in talks with another company so we can get these finally on the market for you guys! I'll keep you guys posted with any more news we have and you are always welcome to PM or e-mail me for more information.

@lambofan35

We've actually tried a 3D print model and it seems to break over time from us just testing different materials.

So, there is an update for these. I apologize for the long wait but we really would like to get this perfected out of the gate. The Colorado Mold Maker we dealt with had an issue with his stress testing and durability of the paddles. So, currently we are in talks with another company so we can get these finally on the market for you guys! I'll keep you guys posted with any more news we have and you are always welcome to PM or e-mail me for more information.

@lambofan35

We've actually tried a 3D print model and it seems to break over time from us just testing different materials.

Why not just make some damn carbon ones? The slip on is a disaster from a design point of view. I'm sorry to say so but they don't belong on a Lambo.

Why not just make some damn carbon ones? The slip on is a disaster from a design point of view. I'm sorry to say so but they don't belong on a Lambo.

We're trying to find a good median between design, durability, and costs. We personally would love them to be in Carbon, we just have to find someone who can lay the carbon well enough to meet your needs. :icon_mrgreen:

I would like to see full replacement stalks as well but they aren't easy swaps like with the Murci. With the Gallardo, you have to disassemble quite a bit of the steering column. Personally, I would do it but not that many owners would. I think they are trying to bring a part to market that doesn't cost hundreds in labor to install (for non DIY types).

I'm ok with the thought of slip on versions. YES I would like carbon material but if not, a black material is fine.

If we do carbon, I'm pretty sure we can ask tons of different carbon autoclaves to make us some. In fact I have a Asian company who makes most of the aftermarket carbon parts for some of the vendors on this actual sight, they would make it no doubt.

How do I get my hands on a pair of these so I can find someone to make them out of carbon?

Question: The part where I would grip to pull back, is it thick or thin?

If its to be thick, it may not be easy to grab....

I'm ok with the thought of slip on versions. YES I would like carbon material but if not, a black material is fine.

If we do carbon, I'm pretty sure we can ask tons of different carbon autoclaves to make us some. In fact I have a Asian company who makes most of the aftermarket carbon parts for some of the vendors on this actual sight, they would make it no doubt.

How do I get my hands on a pair of these so I can find someone to make them out of carbon?

Question: The part where I would grip to pull back, is it thick or thin?

If its to be thick, it may not be easy to grab....

There a ton of connections we can use to get carbon from Asian Companies. I'm not downplaying their manufacturing methods but we've run across a few where they look fabulous but fail on the durability part. Also, some that look bad but are built well. So, it just takes time finding that sweet spot. To answer the question regarding thickness of the grip. We've tried both ways and you are correct about it being not easy to grab. We are making them thin enough to be comfortable yet thick enough to be durable.

Can anyone mod a Huracan set? They are perfect size and grip.

I was thinking something along the lines of taking chopping up a set of these and fibreglass it onto the "base" of a stock gallardo set, ending up with a mock-up for a mold.

I was thinking something along the lines of taking chopping up a set of these and fibreglass it onto the "base" of a stock gallardo set, ending up with a mock-up for a mold.

I wonder if Glen from AMH has the part number and the drawings for the Huracan ones in order to compare the two.