2012 Bicolore ???

SRUSK

Hey guys, I am a new guy here but have been reading different things and posts from time to time to get a feel for the Lambo's. About 2 weeks ago I went to my local Dealer and made a deal on my first Gallardo. I originally was working a deal on an orange 2009 LP 560-4 but when I got there I just couldn't pull the trigger on the deal. There was an orange and Black 2012 Bicolore sitting right near it and I bought that one instead. For what I was going to pay for the 2009 ( low 150's), I could get a 2012 for 8 grand more and it be 3 years newer and to me... Just my opinion , the black in the Bicolore set the car off enough that I couldn't walk out of the door without it. I know that it is only a 2WD but I didn't buy the car to Jocky through traffic or hit the track every weekend to beat the crap out of it... To me it was eye catching and sounded great so I bought it... Plus its my first lanbo purchase so what the hell.. Im happy.

after doing some research it seems to be a rare combination of colors (BiColore).. my question is: how rare is it? I mean, is it part of the Balboni edition that there is only 250 cars or is some kind of other edition? I am new here and want to learn as much as possible about my car, plus have bragging rights to friends.... You guys know how it is..LOL.. No matter if they have a million of them, Im tickled to death about my new purchase.. I guess you can say that I'm a victim of the infamous countoch psoter on the wall with 2 hot babs leaning over it ... Damn poster LOL... Speaking of posters....... I remember which poster was on my wall back in the mid 80's and I found it on ebay.. and of course it was 10 times higher that any other lamborghini poster on ebay..... and yes, it on the way to me as we speak.

Any information or input from you guys would greatly be appreciated ..

photo_3.jpg

Congrats and welcome!

Congrats! I've seen that color combo on a car here in the burgh and it is quite eye catching in person! Excellent choice!

congrats on the car! as far as I know it is not a Balboni, however it does share the same drivetrain. Lambo made a few RWD cars (yours, the Balboni, and the LP560-2 [50th anniv.?]) They are notorious for releasing more "editions" of cars than anyone! Wasn't there something like 70 Gallardo editions made throughout the life cycle of the car? From what I recall they had an LP550-2 and a LP560-4 bicolore and they were only available in 4 or 5 colors, all with a black roof. I am sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in and correct me on anything I missed.

Enjoy her in good health! That is a terrific first lambo :icon_super:

It's not a Balboni. Those were monocolor with a white and hold stripe and white center console.

Congrats on Lambo ownership. One advantage you'll have with that car is that there was a 'wheel hop' issue with the balbonis that was revised for your car.

congrats on the car! as far as I know it is not a Balboni, however it does share the same drivetrain. Lambo made a few RWD cars (yours, the Balboni, and the LP560-2 [50th anniv.?]) They are notorious for releasing more "editions" of cars than anyone! Wasn't there something like 70 Gallardo editions made throughout the life cycle of the car? From what I recall they had an LP550-2 and a LP560-4 bicolore and they were only available in 4 or 5 colors, all with a black roof. I am sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in and correct me on anything I missed.

Enjoy her in good health! That is a terrific first lambo :icon_super:

I have seen a white with black and blue with black...only in pictures though. The blue and black is awesome looking but like I said... Only in pictures. But Im happy with the orange and black. There is no telling how many editions that they really have but would like to have access to their database.