20 members have voted

1. 1.

• Buy an E55 and mod with 100 more Hp
    • Buy the Viper Gts and lightly mod
    • Buy the Viper SRT and slightly mod
    • Buy an older Porsche Turbo and slightly mod
    • Wait, and buy a used Gallardo 6 speed
    • Buy a Z06! Just kidding

Ok, so i was talking with Alex, and he doesnt want me to buy a Viper. So ive come up with a new list of choices. I wouldnt be doing any of this if i didnt live on this island with such little car useage. Id be in a Murcielago. I just purchased my H2, im selling the 355, and shipping my Sv to LA, to keep there for my trips out there. I also want Alex to know what a FAST Diablo drives like! :lol: So i need something to play with out here, the smart thing would be just to put the money in my pocket, but that would be boring.

Ok, so i was talking with Alex, and he doesnt want me to buy a Viper. So ive come up with a new list of choices. I wouldnt be doing any of this if i didnt live on this island with such little car useage. Id be in a Murcielago. I just purchased my H2, im selling the 355, and shipping my Sv to LA, to keep there for my trips out there. I also want Alex to know what a FAST Diablo drives like! :lol: So i need something to play with out here, the smart thing would be just to put the money in my pocket, but that would be boring.

You don't think so, but you are much more of a 911TT guy than a Viper guy. Much. In terms of what you say you like about exotics. No one who likes the handling of the Lotus V8, NSX, 355, Gallardo, Murcie, etc, is going to prefer a Viper over a similarly equipped 911TT.

Problem is, once you start modding it, you'll probably go balls out on it due to boredom, and then you'll have to ship it back.

It's like Colin Powell told W before the invasion: "If you go into Iraq, you own it. You own all the people's hopes and dreams." Same goes with this 911TT or Viper. You get into it, and you won't sell it. No way.

Thats the problem. porsche is more expensive to mod, and i can buy a Gts, do bolt ons and a 250 shot of nnnnnnaaaaaawwsss ! It would cost me 50K in mods to build the Porsche to beat that. Also, i forgot to add, i want to drag race the car here.Its the only automotive activity thats available here.

Thats the problem. porsche is more expensive to mod, and i can buy a Gts, do bolt ons and a 250 shot of nnnnnnaaaaaawwsss ! It would cost me 50K in mods to build the Porsche to beat that. Also, i forgot to add, i want to drag race the car here.Its the only automotive activity thats available here.

Well the juice could be done to the 911TT also, so that's not a problem, and since it's already boosted it could be competitive without spending anywhere near $50k. But it won't be as fast as the Viper.

Hmmmm this is a real problem.

When I've driven Vipers I haven't liked the experience. They're hard to posistion in turns, I can't see the apexes at all, you have to be a little girl on the throttle in 1st and 2nd gear or the rear breaks own, the interior was a joke, etc, etc, etc.

But it was fun as hell from the *giggles* standpoint, meaning stomping on 2nd gear and the world getting just SILLY from all that low-rpm torque. So I can see the appeal of the car to Viper-heads for sure. I can't imagine a 600HP+ Viper, lol.

Tough choice my friend. For your purpose the Viper seems to be the pick. But i love 911TTs, that's one of the best sub-$100k pre-owned cars out there, if not THE best.

The 911 Turbo is a great choice for someone who needs one car, and wants the best of everything. Its fast, practical, and all you badge humpers have something to mount inbetween praising yourselves on internet forums. :lol:

The viper is a loud, obnoxious and unpleasant pos. But its more of a toy than a 911TT.

And youre basing your car decision on what someone else says you should get?

:lol:

First, im not basing my decision on anyone elses. I just asked for opinions.

I have a daily vehicle, my H2. What i want is a toy.

Doug Levin Motorsports.

Theres a couple of used ones out there.

The guy builds scary-powerful vipers, and they are dead reliable to boot.

I know Doug. He knows my Porsche from days gone by. My buddy also bought Dougs old Porsche. Doug does build some sick Vipers.

I would get the used Gallardo and race it like a bat out of hell!

........straight into a tree, no doubt.

Gallardo are you kidding me? i would do it with a Plastic mess-06 in a hartbeat but not a Gallardo.

Will always have a soft spot for a wide body slantnose, esp. a DP. I voted porsche for you, but in reality a viper would probably be better dual purpose toy! good luck

Ok, so i was thinking, here is what im going to do. Ill be in Florida in Dec, and ill go test drive a viper Gts and SRT. Maybe a 996TT. Then ill go drive a Gallardo 6 speed (driven an e-gear before) and figure it out. Maybe ill just buy the Gallardo for Maui, and keep the SV in LA. Gallardo will be more practical for Maui and not quite as showy (until i put the Muira Corse kit on).