Got a new truck

05LSV

Traded the 2011 for a 2014. Great ride so far. It's black over black, supercharged and long wheel base. The LED accent lights are cool, the massage seats are noticeable, and the power of the motor is nuts for a vehicle this heavy. It's fun.

I'll get a few better pics after I get a coat of wax on it later this week.

post-22839-1410237558_thumb.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have to wait at all? I hear there are waiting lists on these and people are paying over sticker just to get one.

Thanks for the comments. I'll get a few interior pics after the detail today.

I had to wait about 2 weeks for the car - a dealer near me is somehow stocking the LWB models, and sure enough, there was a black/black one arriving not long after we decided to make the purchase.

I didn't spec the options myself, so I don't know how I feel about the Atlas (silver) roof yet. Wife is pushing to wrap it black, but it kind of goes with the silver accents on the sides of the doors. I don't love the wheels either, but they wanted $6k to swap out the existing 21" wheels for the 22" Autobiography wheels. I might powder coat these in gloss black and see how they come out.

I wouldn't wrap the roof unless you do the same with the trim. Was going to say carbon fiber wrap on all the silver but I don't know how that would look all black. Agree on the wheels.

Looks great, I personally think it all works well together. Glad you finally got one.

:iamwithstupid:

you will love it! congrats! I painted all the silver trim white to clean up the sides. the 21's powdercoated black will look good. my buddy has this set up on a triple black RR

post-2228-1410287425_thumb.jpg

How is the drivability of the LWB. Is it noticeably bigger than the standard wheel base in terms of daily use / feel? Any issues in parking lots?

:iamwithstupid:

you will love it! congrats! I painted all the silver trim white to clean up the sides. the 21's powdercoated black will look good. my buddy has this set up on a triple black RR

post-2228-1410287425_thumb.jpg

What kind of place did the paint work and what did they charge you to do all that white? Did they do the letters black for you too or did they come that way?

I was thinking about doing a matte black wrap and doing the side vents and accent trim in gloss black. There's one online with this setup and it looks awesome.

Looks great, I personally think it all works well together. Glad you finally got one.

Thanks Porter!

How is the drivability of the LWB. Is it noticeably bigger than the standard wheel base in terms of daily use / feel? Any issues in parking lots?

It is noticeably bigger. The rear legroom is ridiculous. The rear doors are mammoth. It's only 7" longer, but you feel it for sure. I am careful in parking garages and as with any car I have, always park in the back of parking lots so there's plenty of room. It's not quite the size of the Tahoe or Yukon, but def a large vehicle for a Range Rover.

my first impression after seeing the pic was how huge it looks in that parking spot

What kind of place did the paint work and what did they charge you to do all that white? Did they do the letters black for you too or did they come that way?

I was thinking about doing a matte black wrap and doing the side vents and accent trim in gloss black. There's one online with this setup and it looks awesome.

I would do it!

Local high end body shop. Paid 3k for everything including new black emblems/logos.

I would do it!

Local high end body shop. Paid 3k for everything including new black emblems/logos.

In the pic, it looks like you had the rear silver accent on the lift gate painted black - is that correct or is it just the lighting in the pic?

Also, do you know if they removed all the trim pieces before painting, or were they able to leave them on the car and tape everything off? I've spoken to places who've said they would do it either way. After thinking about it, another option I could go with is to have the silver parts wrapped in gloss black instead of painting them and then set that off with the matte black wrap.

Also, is yours lowered? It looks pretty low in the pic. I know there's a lowering module floating around (Renntech makes it) that's pretty reasonable at $1200-ish ballpark. If it's lowered, do you notice any issues with ride comfort?

In the pic, it looks like you had the rear silver accent on the lift gate painted black - is that correct or is it just the lighting in the pic?

Also, do you know if they removed all the trim pieces before painting, or were they able to leave them on the car and tape everything off? I've spoken to places who've said they would do it either way. After thinking about it, another option I could go with is to have the silver parts wrapped in gloss black instead of painting them and then set that off with the matte black wrap.

Also, is yours lowered? It looks pretty low in the pic. I know there's a lowering module floating around (Renntech makes it) that's pretty reasonable at $1200-ish ballpark. If it's lowered, do you notice any issues with ride comfort?

yes I had the silver strip painted gloss black.

everything was removed off the truck and painted.

I left the suspension stock, that is the access mode level which sits perfect! after 20mph the truck raises but that's exactly what I wanted. the ride is awesome with those new Pirelli 24's!

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Traded the 2011 for a 2014. Great ride so far. It's black over black, supercharged and long wheel base. The LED accent lights are cool, the massage seats are noticeable, and the power of the motor is nuts for a vehicle this heavy. It's fun.

I'll get a few better pics after I get a coat of wax on it later this week.

image.jpg

Congrats, truck looks awesome! I feel like you can't go wrong with all black on a range. That said, the white black combo is stellar too, very clean looking!

Out of curiosity, what is your take on the market for these now? Is the dealer you got it from willing to sell them at MSRP? Was looking into one and not sure if it made more sense to order a 2015 or wait and buy one used in the next year.

Congrats again!

It was a real pain to get the truck. They wanted LOTS of reassurance that we weren't going to immediately ship the car to China for $80k profit the moment we took possession. There's a huge market for them overseas, so based on that, if you find a 2013-2014 used here in the US with even NOT low miles, it's either already sold or being sold for over MSRP. Yes, a used car for over MSRP. There's a LWB down the road from me right now that has 2k miles on it and it's listed for $180k. The MSRP is $120k.

My dealer has a black Autobiography on the showroom floor for $40k over sticker. My LWB was listed for $20k over sticker. Needless to stay, those "buyer premium" numbers are negotiable in most areas. Los Angeles discluded of course...lol

• 4 weeks later...

Truck looks great! I saw that change in your signature and took me awhile to dig up the thread. Now to find the thread on Mac's new RR!