Question about the Veneno

stespeed40

I was brought into an office debate today.

A coworker recently made a purchase of a '14 Aventador. He was comparing it to his previous 458 Italia. Somehow the Veneno came up in the conversation.

He stated the Veneno had of course different body work than his Aventador, but performance was similar as the Veneno only has a tune that increases Hp by 40-50hp. Is this true? i tried to dig up some info but becasue the production is so limited, I can't ever seeing an independent test being done. Does anyone have any more info on the Veneno's direct differences from the Aventador?

As a '04 G owner, i don't have a dog in this fight. I can't say im into the looks of the Veneno, but it is definetely a wild looking ride.

Veneno is based off of the Aventador, engine is the same size (6.5 L), similar performance numbers 0-60 in 2.9, top speed is a bit higher 221 mph vs 217 mph in Aventador.

It's pretty much an Aventador with crazy awesome body kits.

Just like the Reventon is basically is Murcilego LP640.

It's been badged as 750-4 so the tune theory is true. Supposed to be much lighter, but who knows how much? If only we had a Veneno owner around to ask...

On a side note I saw this yesterday, Golden Tower in Berlin (sounds like an urban dictionary entry) is offering the #9 of 9 Veneno Roadster with a small $3,000,000 over original MSRP mark up. The car is available "immediately" but the pictures are all of the factory coupe. Are the Roadsters even sold out yet?

Quite an inventory: LaFerrrari at double original price (6 months out), 918 at a 10% mark up (4 months out), Two new Bugs (one week and twelve months from order respectively), Huayra (one year out), A 250 GTO for $62,000,000 (with stock photos), and a Hennessey Venom GT for $1,300,000 (five months from delivery).

Seems legit. I would definitely trust a realty company without any listings that also sells high end exotics... that are on order... they'll be here any day now. :rolleyes:

So, who wants to be their first customer?

Sorry for the threadjacking, but I didn't see the need for two new Veneno threads.

It's been badged as 750-4 so the tune theory is true. Supposed to be much lighter, but who knows how much? If only we had a Veneno owner around to ask...

On a side note I saw this yesterday, Golden Tower in Berlin (sounds like an urban dictionary entry) is offering the #9 of 9 Veneno Roadster with a small $3,000,000 over original MSRP mark up. The car is available "immediately" but the pictures are all of the factory coupe. Are the Roadsters even sold out yet?

Quite an inventory: LaFerrrari at double original price (6 months out), 918 at a 10% mark up (4 months out), Two new Bugs (one week and twelve months from order respectively), Huayra (one year out), A 250 GTO for $62,000,000 (with stock photos), and a Hennessey Venom GT for $1,300,000 (five months from delivery).

Seems legit. I would definitely trust a realty company without any listings that also sells high end exotics... that are on order... they'll be here any day now. :rolleyes:

So, who wants to be their first customer?

Sorry for the threadjacking, but I didn't see the need for two new Veneno threads.

Wait golden tower???

I thought you meant "GOLDEN SHOWER!"

SEE WHEN WE GO THROUGH AIRPORTS, D wears her "Golden shower" tee shirt. its classic!!! its almost as good as the "Cameltoe" tee shirt or the "I love cock" tee shirts..

but anyway ... golden TOWER .... I see

post-93516-1410402977_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1410402990_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1410403000_thumb.jpg

Inventory would suggest that they had access to the vehicles.

They clearly have not and look shady as fcuk.

If you want mind blowing stock

http://www.alainclass.com/home

http://www.autosalon-singen.de/iphone.html

As for the Veneno, KS has made it clear that he will not vbox it but the engine is healthier than the hp numbers pinned on the side of the mental bodywork. IMO it is a design study rather than a hp and tech tour da force.

Has anyone figured out what those three switches in the middle do?

YES! Matter of fact a member here just revealed the other day to a handful of us what the switches do on the Veneno ROADSTER...BUT Kris was involved in the convo and says that his coupe switches have different uses.

Ill leave it to the Veneno whistleblower to share if he chooses :icon_mrgreen:

*tease* :icon_mrgreen:

ps Gelato...the answer is..makes Gelato

Inventory would suggest that they had access to the vehicles.

They clearly have not and look shady as fcuk.

If you want mind blowing stock

http://www.alainclass.com/home

http://www.autosalon-singen.de/iphone.html

As for the Veneno, KS has made it clear that he will not vbox it but the engine is healthier than the hp numbers pinned on the side of the mental bodywork. IMO it is a design study rather than a hp and tech tour da force.

Jeeeesus. Insane inventorys. Ive seen Alainclass many time but never the Autosalon Singen. 4 F40'S. 8 Speciales. About 20 Aventadors, a diablo GT. I would visit and never leave....

Jeeeesus. Insane inventorys. Ive seen Alainclass many time but never the Autosalon Singen. 4 F40'S. 8 Speciales. About 20 Aventadors, a diablo GT. I would visit and never leave....

Agreed. If this isn't on the to do list for kmr and Kevin when they go in March it needs to be. I wonder how test drives work over there? Autobahn + that line up is a dream worth pursuing.

Has anyone figured out what those three switches in the middle do?

YES! Matter of fact a member here just revealed the other day to a handful of us what the switches do on the Veneno ROADSTER...BUT Kris was involved in the convo and says that his coupe switches have different uses.

Ill leave it to the Veneno whistleblower to share if he chooses :icon_mrgreen:

*tease* :icon_mrgreen:

ps Gelato...the answer is..makes Gelato

I know but I've been sworn to secrecy. :turboalex:

The Venono has tome tuning and testbed features that will make it's way into the Aventador SV (which should be debuted in March). The design is the primary component in the cost...it's a limited edition art car who's primary costs go into funding/recouping R&D costs. The Veneno serves a few purposes:

1) It's a way for Lamborghini to port over some tuning/parts for future cars

2) It show's off what Lamborghini design is capable of

3) It's a chance for few select customers to own a rare collector car and piece of company history

4) Much like the Reventon/Aventador J help recoup the cost of the R&D for the Aventador, the Veneno's costs will help fund the R&D done on the SV/Haracan projects

I fully support ventures like this since they help pay for Lamborghini to keep making grate cars :icon_thumleft:

Agreed. If this isn't on the to do list for kmr and Kevin when they go in March it needs to be. I wonder how test drives work over there? Autobahn + that line up is a dream worth pursuing.

We will mainly be headed south towards Italy. But are wide open to such adventures!

And where were the 3 switches discussed?!!

We will mainly be headed south towards Italy. But are wide open to such adventures!

lamborghini-veneno-interior-7.JPG

Well yes, i know what they look like, but didnt know someone actually figured out what they do (robs comment about the roadster and allan saying one is for pit lane)

And in regards to Audibull's comment, we have a new location on the trip as that is 1.5 hours from where we pick the car up!

The deep net...back channels. In my case I asked the factory guys when I test drove the Hurican.

The deep net...back channels. In my case I asked the factory guys when I test drove the Hurican.

ugh, i hate not being part of the cool kid conversations!

What's with all the damn secrecy surrounding these switches. They can't be that important or are they.

They are very important, they are there so you can select your favorite topping when you order pizza.

What's with all the damn secrecy surrounding these switches. They can't be that important or are they.

Agreed..WTF is the big deal to say what they are? I was curious as well at first but now since its such a secret I dont even care.

• 4 years later...