TJ Lane is on the run!

Gilligan740

The convicted killer of three Ohio students at a high school cafeteria escaped from a Lima prison Thursday, and a search was underway, police said.

Nineteen-year-old T.J. Lane escaped along with two other inmates and one of the inmates was captured, Lima police Sgt. Andy Green said. A search was underway in woods and a residential area near the prison, he said, and the two escapees are considered dangerous.

Authorities said they do not believe the two men are armed, however. They had no further information on how the inmates escaped from prison. Green said the police were notified about 8 p.m. Thursday evening.

Lane pleaded guilty last year to shooting three students in February 2012 at Chardon High School, east of Cleveland. He said he didn't know why he did. He was given three life sentences.

Authorities identified the other inmate as Clifford E. Opperud, 45, and said he was serving a sentence for aggravated robbery, burglary, and kidnapping.

Prosecutors say Lane took a .22-caliber pistol and a knife to the school and fired 10 shots at a group of students in the cafeteria. Daniel Parmertor and Demetrius Hewlin, both 16, and Russell King Jr., 17, were killed.

Lane was at Chardon waiting for a bus to the alternative school he attended, for students who haven't done well in traditional settings.

Before Lane's case went to adult court in 2012, a juvenile court judge ruled that Lane was mentally competent to stand trial despite evidence he suffers from hallucinations, psychosis and fantasies. At his sentencing, Lane was defiant, smiling and smirking throughout, including while four relatives of the victims spoke.

It is amazing to me that we don't have a way or a law on the books where the evidence against a person is so overwhelming so as to leave no doubt as to the guilt of the perp.... and the crime so horrific so as to classify them only as a 'bug' that needs to be squashed. In that case, we should be able to expedite the death sentence without the expense of a trail or the constant appeals, etc.

His statement from trial.

"This hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory. F--- all of you," Lane said before giving the victims' families the middle finger.

That's a special kind of sadistic fcuk that needs to be put down like a rabid hyena.

I hope someone shoots him and we don't have to keep feeding the piece of shit.

Here's the problem they're having. The red pins are where the prison is (the left pin is the entrance, the right one is in the middle of the housing unit). As you can see, to the north there is a lot of rural land with commercial and residential properties littering the area. Many of them have outbuildings, garages, barns, etc. Then to the south is Lima, Ohio (famously a shitty place even without escaped killers) which has all kinds of hiding spots too.

post-10945-1410493282_thumb.jpg

Live radio feed is getting interesting.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/188/web

I've been listening for awhile and there've been many false alarms and empty leads. Thermal signatures in outbuildings, a guys in a clown mask, unsecured residences. Nothing has really developed yet that I can tell though.

The Police scanner just said "The young one..Tj Lane. hes in custody"

Just heard it again "They have TJ Lane"

They're in some woods still searching for other inmates

"Was armed with a pitchfork"

"They have the other suspect pinned down on thermal in a field in the same area"

Killing them makes them martyrs to the mentals. Besides, it is the easy way out.

This kind of scum does not deserve to live, irrespective of some slight consequences.

Imagine the pain he's brought to the families of the teens he's mercilessly slaughtered.

This kind of scum does not deserve to live, irrespective of some slight consequences.

Imagine the pain he's brought to the families of the teens he's mercilessly slaughtered.

I see your point and it is valid. The guy is a scummer and people should not pay to keep him alive.

However for me that is the initial first thought process.

Fact of the matter is there is a very dangerous sub section in society that idolise the actions of this fucktard. Rotting in a cell makes it very hard to be a poster boy for this 0.001% and what they stand for.

For that I would rather keep him alive and his life a constant stream of monotonous dreary depressing days in a grotty slimey stinking cell. Make him want to be dead, deny him the chance to have his wish.

That is my take on it.

I hope you are right and prison for this scumbag means hell on earth but since he was able to escape I think it's very unlikely the prison he's doing his time in is very tough.

I hope I am wrong and he will get to spend the rest of his miserable life standing up.

If we're going to keep him alive, they need to actually KEEP HIM IN PRISON! Think of the thousands of people he terrorized last night. That's on top of the expense and effort of the manhunt. Unacceptable that he was able to escape.

I'm just looking at it from a utilitarian point of view that putting him to death is useful because he is a danger to society, even in jail. We can have a death penalty 1) as revenge, 2) as a deterrent, or 3) to eliminate a problem. I personally don't care what the ethics are behind it anymore, but I'm jus' sayin' those are some reasons so take your pick. Granted, we're past the point of making that call and we're stuck with this POS, but hey, dare to dream. We kill people all day long in far away lands who are better men than this guy, so I figure it'd be better to keep a tidier house around here to get rid of him. The problem comes when you get wishy washy about it, which we are, and it's the inconsistency that breeds these problems rather than the existence of crazy people. Inconsistency is fuel on the crazy fire.

This means eliminating the closest alligator to the canoe regardless of how that could change the future. Follow-on alligators might still be dangerous, but you can't let that first alligator get injured and asshole you just because there is a possibility his death could influence later gators. He's a predictable known quantity while you can't predict what the others will do and keeping him alive for the sole reason of influencing follow-on threats might up your risk level prematurely. Let follow-on gators make the decision if they're still willing to crawl over the bodies to get to you. You just need to be prepared to keep Pac-Man-ing through or else any resistance will continue to gain momentum, proving your might through consistency. Even though I'd say that killing this TJ dude is a no-brainer, I don't think we're prepared to do anything I just said, so we're screwed and will continue to be frustrated. I understand the need to exact revenge letting him live in hell (I'm sure we could come up with some pretty creative ideas for revenge), but it comes to a debate of how much energy we as a society are willing to dedicate to fueling that revenge vs. what we're taking away from our quality of life to do it.

I think slow torture would be the best deterent. If you painlessly execute him your making a martyr of him to all the other dirtbags out there........... if you subjected him to month after month of mind bending excruciating torture I can guarantee it would wipe that shit eating grin off his face and deter future peices of shit doing the same thing. The victims families are being tortured every day for the rest of thier lives so I think it's only fair to repay the favour.

Honestly we should just throw them into an open fire pit or active volcano. Quick, clean, and cost efficient. The door to hell in russia would be perfect for such sentences...

article-0-1987BF9900000578-654_634x317.jpg

I get what you guys are saying about offing him. I just don't think it is the right way long term.

Just ending his life will not solve the problem of grief that the victims parents are suffering.

It is not a quick fix.

Attack the problem like a criminal then society is just as bad.

With regards to the prison and the security. No prison is safe. Look at Colditz in the second world war. One of the most secure prisons of its time, it held all of the hardcore POWs that had escaped from multiple prison camps. Look what they found in the roof when they cleared the place out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colditz_Cock

I'm saying death can be a long term solution if you are committed to consistency, but I'll admit that's a big IF. I can't think of anything that will solve a family's grief, but offing him just helps clean the place up a bit...semi-separate issue.