Duhawks at the Georgia Half Mile...

TarHeelBlue

Thanks everyone. Event was a lot of fun. We could have run Sunday and gone faster with the better weather but I was happy with the results and decided to pack it up for TI. 218-219 is very fast considering the conditions. Everyone was also racing into the wind. I sat there and watched the flags blow more and more as it got hotter and hotter. Pretty cool to keep getting a touch faster each pass.

My car is just a 2r. I had the car open for access for anyone to look at all day. My car could probably makes 2000 in the winter with ice in the water tank. At the end of the day I don't really care what the dyno says. I just like the results that I keep getting with the reliability I am getting. I could have won the event with my first real pass of 218 but decided to run it a few more times to get some VBOX data and back up the runs. The VBOX and timing system were with in 1 mph or less each pass.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats Dustin on having the fastest car on that very dusty road.. 219 is all business. I heard from tien your car makes over 2300+ ! pretty nasty.

we know you have one of the fastest UG cars now! good luck in Ti.

2300 LOL, You "Hear too much". I would be surprised if his car made 1800 whp in those conditions. Cody's Underground Racing LP570 was under 2,000 whp on the 225 pass at the Houston 1/2 mile. We have cars making much more than that now.

The cool thing about Dustin's car is that we didn't have to do anything to it, just like most of the time at these events with the other Gallardo's. We showed up with a real street car (not a purpose built race car) and got the job done while leaving at 1/2 time of the event. I believe his car would have went 222+ in those conditions yesterday. Great weekend, Dustin's car wins and we make it home Sunday to watch the Panthers take care of the Lions. ;) Huge thanks to Dustin for letting us build him this beast and was so happy for him to own the event being that it was a hometown event for him.

Thanks everyone. Event was a lot of fun. We could have run Sunday and gone faster with the better weather but I was happy with the results and decided to pack it up for TI. 218-219 is very fast considering the conditions. Everyone was also racing into the wind. I sat there and watched the flags blow more and more as it got hotter and hotter. Pretty cool to keep getting a touch faster each pass.

My car is just a 2r. I had the car open for access for anyone to look at all day. I just am crazy and run a lot of boost. Probably makes 2000 in the winter with ice in the water tank. At the end of the day I don't really care what the dyno says. I just like the results that I keep getting with the reliability I am getting. I could have won the event with my first real pass of 218 but decided to run it a few more times to get some VBOX data and back up the runs. The VBOX and timing system were with in 1 mph or less each pass.

glad u did a few more passes,otherwise ppl will claim that the speed was incorrect,timing system faulty,ground was flat... lol

Congrats Duhawks..

I like the part u let EVERYONE have a good look at yr car,esp the engine bay.. : )

glad u did a few more passes,otherwise ppl will claim that the speed was incorrect,timing system faulty,ground was flat... lol

Congrats Duhawks..

I like the part u let EVERYONE have a good look at yr car,esp the engine bay.. : )

Thanks. Yeah I didn't want to hear any of that so we made sure and showed up with a vbox. Like Kevin mentioned the car couldn't have been making more than 1800 looking at the vbox data. That stuff really isn't important though, everyone has the same conditions to deal with. Glad we came out with the victory and had the top 3 or 4 passes of the entire weekend.

Thanks. Yeah I didn't want to hear any of that so we made sure and showed up with a vbox. Like Kevin mentioned the car couldn't have been making more than 1800 looking at the vbox data. That stuff really isn't important though, everyone has the same conditions to deal with. Glad we came out with the victory and had the top 3 or 4 passes of the entire weekend.

Stock Egear FTW!

BIG Congrats Dustin and UGR !!

Crazy speeds for how much dust was flying around on the surface out there..

BIG Congrats Dustin and UGR !!

Crazy speeds for how much dust was flying around on the surface out there..

When me and KC went down the run way to the starting line I hit it in 2nd and when I looked backed I couldn't even see him lol. Created a sand storm of dirt and dust.

When me and KC went down the run way to the starting line I hit it in 2nd and when I looked backed I couldn't even see him lol. Created a sand storm of dirt and dust.

That's nutz !! Any issues with traction? Doesn't seem to have any

That's nutz !! Any issues with traction? Doesn't seem to have any

We rolled out through 1st and hit it late in 2nd most runs. I dont think we took off on one of the 219 runs until the 330 foot mark, lol. We just kept the boost down until 4th gear.

We rolled out through 1st and hit it late in 2nd most runs. I dont think we took off on one of the 219 runs until the 330 foot mark, lol. We just kept the boost down until 4th gear.

Insane! Leaving late and still running like a banshee !

Insane! Leaving late and still running like a banshee !

Yeah he isn't kidding. You should see the vbox data from 1/8th mile to the qtr lol. Picked up 60 one run on the back half of the qtr. 1/8th was like 111 and 1/4 was 171 lmao.

I remember when I hit 4th gear the car just hit warp speed. It felt like the windshield shrank and all I could see was just my lane on the runway.

Yeah he isn't kidding. You should see the vbox data from 1/8th mile to the qtr lol. Picked up 60 one run on the back half of the qtr. 1/8th was like 111 and 1/4 was 171 lmao.

I remember when I hit 4th gear the car just hit warp speed. It felt like the windshield shrank and all I could see was just my lane on the runway.

Damn brother that is bad ass !!! Your car has always had amazing "pull" in those top gears. 171 in the 1/4 is no joke!!

Kevin said your car is a 2r+ whats does that mean?

as far as timing equipment Vbox matched it , thats how it should be done!. Dustins car is stupid fast and it ran 220 .. it takes a ton more power to hit that unicorn 233 which we know was indeed a timing error. I think the record should still be awarded to Cody's 225.

as far as timing equipment Vbox matched it , thats how it should be done!. Dustins car is stupid fast and it ran 220 .. it takes a ton more power to hit that unicorn 233 which we know was indeed a timing error. I think the record should still be awarded to Cody's 225.

I went 219 with a 3.6 100 to 150..... Literally couldn't put power down until 150+. Track was very dusty.

How come every freaking thread turns into Vegas asking what over and over again what level the cars are? I don't care if Dustin says its a bolt on and Kevin says its a rocket engine! At this point we know it is fast as fcuk. Just once it would be nice to come in and see Dustin saying he ran xxx and took x place and everyone go "congrats!!!!!".

How come every freaking thread turns into Vegas asking what over and over again what level the cars are? I don't care if Dustin says its a bolt on and Kevin says its a rocket engine! At this point we know it is fast as fcuk. Just once it would be nice to come in and see Dustin saying he ran xxx and took x place and everyone go "congrats!!!!!".

Seriously, who gives a fcuk what package/option count is on it.

As far as I'm concerned I would tell people it's a chip and a cold air intake. Well, it kinda is. :shock: :lol2:

Who said there was a timing error, you, competitors, lol? Blake, the main guy at wannagofast said there was no error. If we would have had a Vbox in the car we would have shared it. We will never make a run again without one. Others there wanted to see our MoTeC log of the 233 and we shared it as soon as they asked. Either way, I really dont care, rather its 225 or 233, good luck to you guys getting it. Bring those gutted GTR race cars with slicks and Pro-stock wings to the next Houston 1/2 mile and see what happens. We will have a few street cars there on STREET TIRE's that will give them all they want. ;)

What is 2R+? It means it has extras that the normal 2R's don't get, like a front ice tank and a few other tweaks.

What is 2R+? It means it has extras that the normal 2R's don't get, like a front ice tank and a few other tweaks.

Tell him it has NOS so we can watch:

head-explode-o.gif

Everyone wants to compare this 219 to the 233. It is a different venue, way different altitude and etc. I knew going into this venue it would be tough to lay down a record. I told lots of people I would be thrilled with 215 or higher and a win. The venue is very tough because you are at 3,000 ft above sea level and the weather was very hot and muggy. Also the runway kind of goes down hill about 1% until 130 mph and then back up the hill. So really the down hill doesn't help because the runway is dusty and cannot hook down low and then once you get to the upper speeds you are going back up a hill. Also everyone was racing into a nice little head wind, especially later in the day.

Alpha 16s were hitting 190s at the event on the same day we went 219. Alpha 16 is a 210 car at sea level. The Heffner car was going 211 or less and then hit a 215 with it taped up to help it go faster. We hit 218+ a few times through out the entire day. It was really fun running against the Heffner car. Glad it came out because it made it a lot of fun watching him run and then us. Made it very exciting! It was nice talking to you Jason on Friday.

To me the best thing is we ran the same mph 218-219 a few times and we never once had to replace anything on the car, never broke anything, or etc. We did have to raise the car a little bit in the front because it was squatting so much it was rubbing on the front tires. I never once taped up my car, removed my wing, removed interior trim, or removed any other weight from the car like other cars do at these half miles.

Oh I forgot the best part. Kevin took my car for a pass with the AC on full blast lmao.

I ALWAYS run car with A/C on. I don't like being hot while I'm racing. TI or where ever, I always keep it blasting. I will add race slicks, gut a car and add a silly pro-stock wing before I turn the A/C off. ;)