Duhawks at the Georgia Half Mile...

TarHeelBlue

I went 219 with a 3.6 100 to 150..... Literally couldn't put power down until 150+. Track was very dusty.

That is sooo slow (not really but compared to traction roads). I've done that on 93 octane and 1 bar of boost 100-150mph that you did and your car is a spaceship.

I think you have gone 1 second faster right 100-150mph?

i saw that dust and was thinking that it looked rough!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ALWAYS run car with A/C on. I don't like being hot while I'm racing. TI or where ever, I always keep it blasting. I will add race slicks, gut a car and add a silly pro-stock wing before I turn the A/C off. ;)

True street car UGR Gallardos are!

Congrats on the win guys, you made it look eassssy!

That is sooo slow (not really but compared to traction roads). I've done that on 93 octane and 1 bar of boost 100-150mph that you did and your car is a spaceship.

I think you have gone 1 second faster right 100-150mph?

Yeah I've gone faster on the street. Think my fastest was 2.56 on 30 psi which is 1600s whp. My worst on that setting was 2.7ish.

Hard to put all the power down when the road surface has layers of dust. Really don't matter though. Everyone had a level playing field. Everyone had to adjust and that we did.

No kidding, it looked like they were running the Bonneville Salt Flats with all the dust being kicked up.

My first run I aborted and figured I'll try my new brakes out so stomped on them from about 145 mph. I swear my dust trail went infront of the car. Thought I was in a tornado lol. The car stopped so fast I actually had to give it gas to get to the turn off.

Girodisc brakes were awesome. Plenty of room to stop.

My first run I aborted and figured I'll try my new brakes out so stomped on them from about 145 mph. I swear my dust trail went infront of the car. Thought I was in a tornado lol. The car stopped so fast I actually had to give it gas to get to the turn off.

Congrats, was hoping to run into you there but didn't see your car.

Awesome upgrade for steel brakes ! That's funny.. Tornado in front :lol2: So not the norm when you are known for passing everyone

leaving them thinking "they" are in one

Congrats, was hoping to run into you there but didn't see your car.

I saw your car as I was leaving Sunday. I didn't know that was you I would have stopped to meet you. Car looks good!

What till I give you a set of my Carbon ceramic brakes for the Non-carbon Gallardos. Mine will be lighter and much cheaper than buying the option from Lambo. You will get the first set after I have them finished on my car. :icon_thumleft:

Dustin

congrats on the overall win buddy. It was unreal watching those 218-219 passes made to look so effortless. I could not get over the fact that you were cruising until 4th/mid track and then would take off like a fcuking rocketship.

Congrats to you and UGR for the win and even more so thanks for not showing up on Sunday :)

Good luck at TI next weekend!

I ALWAYS run car with A/C on. I don't like being hot while I'm racing. TI or where ever, I always keep it blasting. I will add race slicks, gut a car and add a silly pro-stock wing before I turn the A/C off. ;)

I like the cut of your jib

Dustin

congrats on the overall win buddy. It was unreal watching those 218-219 passes made to look so effortless. I could not get over the fact that you were cruising until 4th/mid track and then would take off like a fcuking rocketship.

Congrats to you and UGR for the win and even more so thanks for not showing up on Sunday :)

Good luck at TI next weekend!

Thanks man! Congrats on bringing home the fastest privateer Sunday! I left right after your 202 pass. Was awesome to see that!

now that made me laugh!

Sam what is the record for GTR 100 to 200 or 150 to 200?

Honestly no clue. I know Ommega and Tony posted their 0-200 vbox before.. Ill have to look for it.

Great Pics Dustin !!

Can see the tire stretch in the last two shots.. Crazy !! She was making some gooooood power

What really sets these cars above everything else is the fact that literally the owners just bring them to the event race them and leave, no drama.

No fooling around like you see with all other cars before an event like this/dragstrip/ wherever.

No parachute, slicks, gutted interiors, pro-stock wings, lexan, etc. 100% street cars, and I hope they don't ever change that. They run super reliable in extreme conditions, and could go fight traffic for 2 hours after without breaking a sweat.

Not to mention they are leaving the competition in the dust(GT-R). At this point the only GT-R's that are even close are basically full on race cars, and that is only close to the 2Rs, not anything beyond that.

Guest 300MPH
What really sets these cars above everything else is the fact that literally the owners just bring them to the event race them and leave, no drama.

No fooling around like you see with all other cars before an event like this/dragstrip/ wherever.

No parachute, slicks, gutted interiors, pro-stock wings, lexan, etc. 100% street cars, and I hope they don't ever change that. They run super reliable in extreme conditions, and could go fight traffic for 2 hours after without breaking a sweat.

Not to mention they are leaving the competition in the dust(GT-R). At this point the only GT-R's that are even close are basically full on race cars, and that is only close to the 2Rs, not anything beyond that.

Iboost, your perception is a bit off base.

While the part you posted that I bolded may be true, but I think the street car moniker is a bit of a stretch at the power levels that make 220+ MPH.

The cars that run these numbers are still are trailered to the events and have a whole team of people tweaking the cars the whole event. Sure, they have full interiors, AC and all the acoutrements, but, at these power levels these are race cars that need a trailer, crew and cost a lot to race, run numbers, to break and to be fixed. UR is smart and performs great customer service in making sure their product runs numbers.

Waiting around for however long to get the high powered cars fixed along with the cost to rebuild/replace broken drive line parts invalidates street car perception for most people including myself.

The E-gear has a lot of problems at the higher power levels shifting into neutral like Mullet's car had at the last TI. More than 1/2 of the Lamborghinis that ran at the high power levels at the last TI broke.

If the car cannot be driven to the event, run by the owner without a crew where he is just dumping the hot IC water and adding new ice water for the next run, it is a race car period.

I am tired of people on the forums trying to convince themselves and others that the Lamborghinis and GTR's at this power level are "street cars" because they are not.

These cars have a considerable price tag in stock form. If one were to add the cost of a 2R or Alpha 20 package to the stock vehicle price and add in all the broken drive line parts associated with racing these cars at these power levels with the down time, not to mention how sensitive the clutches are to start off with, these cars are anything BUT street cars.

Iboost, your perception is a bit off base.

While the part you posted that I bolded may be true, but I think the street car moniker is a bit of a stretch at the power levels that make 220+ MPH.

The cars that run these numbers are still are trailered to the events and have a whole team of people tweaking the cars the whole event. Sure, they have full interiors, AC and all the acoutrements, but, at these power levels these are race cars that need a trailer, crew and cost a lot to race, run numbers, to break and to be fixed. UR is smart and performs great customer service in making sure their product runs numbers.

Waiting around for however long to get the high powered cars fixed along with the cost to rebuild/replace broken drive line parts invalidates street car perception for most people including myself.

The E-gear has a lot of problems at the higher power levels shifting into neutral like Mullet's car had at the last TI. More than 1/2 of the Lamborghinis that ran at the high power levels at the last TI broke.

If the car cannot be driven to the event, run by the owner without a crew where he is just dumping the hot IC water and adding new ice water for the next run, it is a race car period.

I am tired of people on the forums trying to convince themselves and others that the Lamborghinis and GTR's at this power level are "street cars" because they are not.

These cars have a considerable price tag in stock form. If one were to add the cost of a 2R or Alpha 20 package to the stock vehicle price and add in all the broken drive line parts associated with racing these cars at these power levels with the down time, not to mention how sensitive the clutches are to start off with, these cars are anything BUT street cars.

300, your perception is WAY off base.

Dustin's car has never broke anything since it has been together and it has had a lot of racing time as well as a ton of beatings on the street at HIGH BOOST. He could have left any of the events and drove the car to California and back. Dustin's car is 100% a street car that is odb2 compliant.

Cody's car that went 225 at the Houston 1/2 mile, same thing, never any tranny issues and has had the same engine in there for the last 3 year and never removed. Cody's car is odb2 compliant. The list of cars goes on and on that do the same.

Only thing we had to do to those cars Cody's and Dustin's is refresh clutches, once each. There is NO Underground Racing labor charge that comes with the 2R's. Only parts cost if they ever need anything. There is also NO charge to our customers at the major race events we attend.

Have some of these cars had issues racing at a high level? Sure. Stock cars have Egear issues as well and other issues, that's why there is warranty and services centers.

I make sure that all my customers knows the risks of racing at a high level. Most the time if there is a failure its driver error, like me shifting 1-2 and back into 1st. I could take a stock car and hurt it by doing the same thing.

Another thing, the cars don't need ICE to run on the street or race. They have heat exchangers to cool the water. In the Gallardos on the dyno we see about a 5% max increase of power. So putting ice in a cooler makes them race cars? Come on man, get real.