Duhawks at the Georgia Half Mile...

TarHeelBlue

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The E-gear has a lot of problems at the higher power levels shifting into neutral like Mullet's car had at the last TI. More than 1/2 of the Lamborghinis that ran at the high power levels at the last TI broke.

Just FYI, only 2 (cars broke), "not over 1/2"

Last TI (Underground Racing Gallardo/R8)

No issues

- Marty R8 (Egear) WON TI (drove home) as he lives 50 miles away.

- Helms Gallardo (Egear) 2nd place

- Stacys Gallardo Won 6 speed challenge

- Rezas Gallardo 2nd place 6 speed challenge

- Felipe Gallardo (Egear) no issues

- Nick Gallardo (Egear) no issues

- Mike Colby (just getting seat time)

Minor issues

- Mullet (Egear fault)

- Codys (clutch limit exceeded)

- Jorje (Egear fault)

- My car. (6 speed) I shifted 1-2 back into first. Broke Ring and pinion.

- Tag (Turbo failure)

I forget anyone?

Didn't forget anyone Kevin... Nice post !

BTW, 300MPH appears to be an AE / Troll

They only Lambo's out there breaking are stock Aventadors :lol2:

Hey 300 ... if you are soooo " tired of people on the forums trying to convince themselves and others that the Lamborghinis and GTR's at this power level are "street cars" because they are not." You might try another forum...

The UR TT owners out there sure don't need to hear any of your babble in regards to how well their cars perform on and off the tracks RELIABLY ...

300, your perception is WAY off base.

Dustin's car has never broke anything since it has been together and it has had a lot of racing time as well as a ton of beatings on the street at HIGH BOOST. He could have left any of the events and drove the car to California and back. Dustin's car is 100% a street car that is odb2 compliant.

Cody's car that went 225 at the Houston 1/2 mile, same thing, never any tranny issues and has had the same engine in there for the last 3 year and never removed. Cody's car is odb2 compliant. The list of cars goes on and on that do the same.

Only thing we had to do to those cars Cody's and Dustin's is refresh clutches, once each. There is NO Underground Racing labor charge that comes with the 2R's. Only parts cost if they ever need anything. There is also NO charge to our customers at the major race events we attend.

Have some of these cars had issues racing at a high level? Sure. Stock cars have Egear issues as well and other issues, that's why there is warranty and services centers.

I make sure that all my customers knows the risks of racing at a high level. Most the time if there is a failure its driver error, like me shifting 1-2 and back into 1st. I could take a stock car and hurt it by doing the same thing.

Another thing, the cars don't need ICE to run on the street or race. They have heat exchangers to cool the water. In the Gallardos on the dyno we see about a 5% max increase of power. So putting ice in a cooler makes them race cars? Come on man, get real.

Hey 300, what car do you have? Why so much GTR/Gallardo hate? Just curious.

My car is a street car 100%. I have taken it on multiple road trips driving 4 hours + at a time in traffic and in the summer heat. Kevin got my car when it had around 12-13k miles on it. I took delivery of the car this year and it already has close if not 18k miles. Everyone has seen the videos, and etc of my car. My car has been put through its paces as a 2R this entire time. The only issues I have had is I had to get my clutch resurfaced after tx2k because I did a ton of 60-200 mph pulls in a row on full kill with out letting the clutch cool down. I had everyone trying to race me so I didn't care, I just went for it.

Since my clutch has been refreshed it has lasted 3k miles with 0 issues. The thing drives freaking great! You can see me on videos on the street taking off from a stop and there are 0 issues with balking and hopping. The LP cars are fantastic.

The only other issue I had was I had a boost leak one time. No issue, put a clamp back on and was good to go.

As far as putting ice in the cars, I have never once put ice in my UGR car until this past weekend at the half mile. Only did that because we were at 3,000 ft with 90 degree heat and 80% humidity. I was trying to go as fast as possible. I showed up with the same tune I run on the streets and my car ripped off 218-219 3 or 4 times in a row as the day kept getting hotter and hotter. The only thing UGR did to my car the entire day was wash the windshield and make sure my wheels were on tight. They also took some boost out of the car down low because the runway was very dusty.

The tx2k roll race event the only thing they did was wash my car, check my tire pressure and make sure my wheels were on. I showed up on my 3rd setting and raced for 2 days on my 3rd setting. Turning the car up to the 4th setting was pointless because I couldn't hook on that asphalt. After the event I went out on the streets on my 4th setting and dominated against the worlds fastest customer cars with 0 issues other than the clutch which is mentioned above.

I really think the problem with people going to N is because they do not warm the cars up. The E Gear system uses fluid so I really think people need to warm the cars up. Only time my car has gone to N is at an event when I just turn the car on and go race, with no proper warm up. On the street were I have done hundreds of pulls it has never gone to N. My next event I will be sure to just drive around the pits and warm up the car. I always had issues with my ###### bolt on car and even stock car at the drag strip when the car wasn't warm. It wouldn't shift right, would shift early, go to N and throw codes in the stock form. Once I would get the car warmed up those things would go away.

My car has absolutely dominated the streets and the half mile this year. My car has just set about every vbox record on the street on street tires, not on a prepped track with goofy tires and wheels and a stripped out race car. It hasn't even been close!!!! It is nice to be this fast with the reliability because a lot of people I do race have not been as reliable.

Guest 300MPH
300, your perception is WAY off base.

Dustin's car has never broke anything since it has been together and it has had a lot of racing time as well as a ton of beatings on the street at HIGH BOOST. He could have left any of the events and drove the car to California and back. Dustin's car is 100% a street car that is odb2 compliant.

Cody's car that went 225 at the Houston 1/2 mile, same thing, never any tranny issues and has had the same engine in there for the last 3 year and never removed. Cody's car is odb2 compliant. The list of cars goes on and on that do the same.

Only thing we had to do to those cars Cody's and Dustin's is refresh clutches, once each. There is NO Underground Racing labor charge that comes with the 2R's. Only parts cost if they ever need anything. There is also NO charge to our customers at the major race events we attend.

Have some of these cars had issues racing at a high level? Sure. Stock cars have Egear issues as well and other issues, that's why there is warranty and services centers.

I make sure that all my customers knows the risks of racing at a high level. Most the time if there is a failure its driver error, like me shifting 1-2 and back into 1st. I could take a stock car and hurt it by doing the same thing.

Another thing, the cars don't need ICE to run on the street or race. They have heat exchangers to cool the water. In the Gallardos on the dyno we see about a 5% max increase of power. So putting ice in a cooler makes them race cars? Come on man, get real.

I don't think putting ice in the water tank makes them race cars at all.

My point about the race cars is the starting off from a stop and having to baby the clutch as well as all the driveline problems at 220+ 1/2 mile power that lead to down time where the customer is not able to drive his "street" car. I am sure everything works great until a certain power level, but once that threshold is crossed things start to break and it is no longer a "Street car". You never see any Gallardos launch hard from a dead stop on the street or at the 1/4 mile because the driveline WILL break.

UR does a great job building and servicing customer cars at races.

The problem I see is that people think these cars just show up and race at the power levels to run a 220+ MPH 1/2 mile trap speed without issue which is not the case.

How many passes total did Dustin's car make at the Georgia 1/2 mile only 4 passes all 218+ with Dustin driving or were there some egear hiccups and you had to drive the car for him?

I don't think putting ice in the water tank makes them race cars at all.

My point about the race cars is the starting off from a stop and having to baby the clutch as well as all the driveline problems at 220+ 1/2 mile power that lead to down time where the customer is not able to drive his "street" car. I am sure everything works great until a certain power level, but once that threshold is crossed things start to break and it is no longer a "Street car". You never see any Gallardos launch hard from a dead stop on the street or at the 1/4 mile because the driveline WILL break.

UR does a great job building and servicing customer cars at races.

The problem I see is that people think these cars just show up and race at the power levels to run a 220+ MPH 1/2 mile trap speed without issue which is not the case.

How many passes total did Dustin's car make at the Georgia 1/2 mile only 4 passes all 218+ with Dustin driving or were there some egear hiccups and you had to drive the car for him?

Yes I drove the first two passes and we had 1 hiccup which could have been a many of things. About 140 mph down the track my car would bounce out of gear, not when shifting but in gear. At the point where it kept doing this the road was very bumpy. I also checked my vbox logs to see if there were height changes and there was around 140 (bumpy road). Look at the videos of me making passes or Kevin, you can see my car sits so low it was actually hitting the ground when shifting due to the height changes of the runway. So after my 2nd pass of this happening at the exact same point I simply approached Kevin about making a pass to see what he thought. Sure enough on the 3rd pass he stuck to the right lane and further right to avoid the bumps and everything was fine and it went 218.xx which was fast enough to win the event for the entire weekend. After the pass he told me what he did and I told him to make another pass and see if that was it, and sure enough he did the same thing and no issues, 219.2. Kevin then told me to go drive and have fun and I said no, lets stay with the hot hand lets make 1 more pass to really make sure and boom 219.5. At that point I was more than happy because the Heffner car had only gone 210-211. I knew it didn't have the power to catch me. No sense to keep running, all my runs were vbox verified, backed up and I was good. Told Kevin I was thrilled and cannot wait for TI, where I will be driving which is unfortunate for you guys because I can drive better :) Trust me, If Heffner car ripped off a faster pass I already told Kevin I would drive the car and go back out there.

Anyone could have sat in my car and gone 218-219. It is very easy to drive. I have auto shift. You just hit the gas and hang on.

I don't have anything to hide and I am honest. I haven't had any issues with my car. Only thing I can tell people is to ICE up and try and catch me on the street or TI.

For who ever has been to a shift shector event, or any other half mile post your vbox from 0ft to 2640ft.... What does your trap speed say for the half mile? Here is mine. PROOF, verified by the vbox and from vbox tools online. I have 3 valid passes north of 218..... I bet the competition doesn't have one north of 214 lol

half_mile_proof.jpg

It will be gameover for the gtrs once and for all.

It has been over for the GTRs lol. Lambos have dominated all the events this year.