Who has 85Mil to spare?

Deuce

I'm sure the neighbors would raise hell but practically I can't see what the issue would be. You'd need to nail down the lawn furniture and tie up the dog first.

And that's EXACTLY why it would never happen. There's no way the neighborhood would allow a loud ass heli to land in their neighborhood.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure you knew already but just for laughs, nothing beats live sound. Even a stadium-grade PA system will not overcome the low-frequency resonance generated from the blades of the chopper. :icon_mrgreen: Would be interesting to know how long would that outdoor screen remain fully functional though.

In all honesty, I never get the point of this type of mansion. Assuming one follows what is demonstrated and has the exact toys in the house, then one would never need to leave the place. Whatever lies outside may not even be up to par with what's at home! So what's the point? Become a socialite, throw a party every night for people to come then? And how big of a crew does one need to upkeep the place? Not saying about the costs but the fact that there are more outsiders in the house than you and they all knew about your toys seem a bit disturbing. This seems more like a club/clubhouse than a residence.

Exactly, I am sorry but when I go home I want to relax I don't want to be surrounded by an army of people pretending to like me LOL.

$250 mil for that? Unless the block of dirt is worth $230 mil I can't see how you could justify the rest.

Edit

I did a bit of reading on it, apparently the buyer gets the cars, furnishings and an art collection, no idea what they would be worth but personally at a glance with all that stuff in there this house would be worth less than half its ask.

Yeah, I thought you were asking how you would actually land it. Aside from the helicopter (which I agree would never happen) living next to that house would be a nightmare. The tourist buses driving past, the sightseeing helicopters, the parties, the stupid screen popping out of the pool and catching on fire every 5 minutes. Nope, I'd be pissed.

And that's EXACTLY why it would never happen. There's no way the neighborhood would allow a loud ass heli to land in their neighborhood.

The very definition of trying too hard, but I dig the poolside pop-up theater and chopper.

For less than a third you can buy a just as amazing place in that area and importantly have the rest of the money to pay for coke and hookers and whatever Cali liberal tax is in place to ensure wheatgrass smoothies are at rock bottom prices.

• 2 weeks later...

both the houses in this thread seem to be from the same designer, infact they're almost the same exact house (with the one in the OP being smaller).

in this more expensive one, how much do you think the property itself is?

according to what ive been reading, the cars that come with the house are approx $30 mil. the helicopter comes with the house, 2 years salary for the staff, the furniture.

both the houses in this thread seem to be from the same designer, infact they're almost the same exact house (with the one in the OP being smaller).

in this more expensive one, how much do you think the property itself is?

according to what ive been reading, the cars that come with the house are approx $30 mil. the helicopter comes with the house, 2 years salary for the staff, the furniture.

The helicopter is completely stationary and only an art piece. Not operational. It's from the 1980 show Airwolf

post-60315-1486140134.jpg

at 20m, this one i would prefer. I see it everyday, by top of benedict at mulholland. i am always amused at the flyers from real estate agents here

20170204_144229.jpg

20170204_144244.jpg

20170204_144224.jpg

• 6 months later...

I live a couple miles from the houses in this thread all 3 of them.

I own 2 houses in the area,

Whats pushing up the prices is the inflow of Chinese $$$, happened last time in the late 70's when the Persians moved to Beverly Hills.

Swimming pools and movie stars lol :)

Swimming pools and movie stars lol :)

Lol. That last one linked above is in fact the house used to portray the Clampett's mansion on the Beverly Hillbillies, but you probably already knew that!

Lol. That last one linked above is in fact the house used to portray the Clampett's mansion on the Beverly Hillbillies, but you probably already knew that!

complete with a cement pond in the backyard!

Kicking up the market a bit.

$350m

https://la.curbed.com/2017/8/7/16109508/bel...llies-perenchio

Looks like a $350M tear-down to me. Hard to believe someone would actually want to pay $350M for someone else's old house. $350M would probably buy you a modestly tall custom skyscraper of your own in major cities around the world, or pretty much any parcel of land in the world with any house you could ever dream up.

Whats pushing up the prices is the inflow of Chinese $$$, happened last time in the late 70's when the Persians moved to Beverly Hills.

A bit off topic, but they are driving the market up here as well. I read somewhere the Chinese govt was going to crack down on the influx of money leaving the country, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

A bit off topic, but they are driving the market up here as well. I read somewhere the Chinese govt was going to crack down on the influx of money leaving the country, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

To continue the OT discussion, yes that's correct-the Chinese government has cracked down on the out flow of $$ but it sure doesn't appear to be slowing down the $$ coming into BH.

To continue the OT discussion, yes that's correct-the Chinese government has cracked down on the out flow of $$ but it sure doesn't appear to be slowing down the $$ coming into BH.

It's everywhere. They are snatching up properties, in cash, for crazy money near one of my rentals.