Coming Soon: Oakley Huracan

beddu

Just a question ... do you actually remove the original roof panel and replace it with a carbon fiber part, or do you fit a thin carbon fiber skin over the original roof.

With the design of the Huracan frame it could be possible to remove the roof panel I guess:

huracan_production_line_27.jpg

Still, a power increase to 680hp and a reduction of 107kg in weight should transform this one into a real Raging Bull.

The central lock wheel looks nice by the way, thread mounted onto the original five bolts or really a different hub?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to love the wing. I really do. It is very Murci GTish. I just think it needs to be incorporated into the rear a lot better. The SV has ruined big wings for me with how perfectly they upgraded the rear end and how seamlessly it flowed.

Still props for working on it and taking our criticisms in stride!

LamboCars - the roof panel is a thin skin bonded onto the original, and they are entirely new hubs, the fronts are shared with the current front centerlock hubs they offer for the Aventador!

Criticisms are the very nature of subjectivity, and Oakley seems to deflect a lot of such but he creates the results in the end! I do not agree in his choice of spoiler design, but as I said, he's pretty flexible in making his own products so I'm sure there's room and scope for different designs at later stages

LamboCars - the roof panel is a thin skin bonded onto the original, and they are entirely new hubs, the fronts are shared with the current front centerlock hubs they offer for the Aventador!

That's awesome, new hubs ... wouldn't that pose an issue with being street legal in some parts of the world ... I just know Belgian police would have a field day with this ... if they ever knew it wasn't factory issued ... :eusa_dance:

the fronts are shared with the current front centerlock hubs they offer for the Aventador!

They offer center lock hubs for the Aventador?

That's awesome, new hubs ... wouldn't that pose an issue with being street legal in some parts of the world ... I just know Belgian police would have a field day with this ... if they ever knew it wasn't factory issued ... :eusa_dance:

What is up with the police and aftermarket parts in Belgium?

After reviewing the pics again...I love it more!

On the weight side:

1-I'm very happy you guys are weighing everything and getting honest answers.

2-It needs to be under 3400lbs FULL of fluids if your going to use aluminium bumper supports as the risk isn't worth it.

3-A Gallardo of similar spec is still lighter.

After reviewing the pics again...I love it more!

3-A Gallardo of similar spec is still lighter.

But is it safer and faster?

Not sure about the rear bumper and I would like to see a more contouring wing as the big straight murcie GTish one doesn't flow with the curves. Other than that it looks amazing! Keep the updates coming.

They offer center lock hubs for the Aventador?

What is up with the police and aftermarket parts in Belgium?

I think center lock hubs for the Aventador are from Oakley, not from Lamborghini if I understand correctly.

Belgium is very strickt on tuning these days, even if your parts are German TUV approved you can still run into trouble over here ... I guess they are afraid of stuff they don't know.

Also once your car is four years old you have to pass an inspection every year ... even if you just put custom wheels on the car you'll have to pass a special 'tuning inspection' ... lol.

For instance wheel spacers are a big no no over here, lowered suspension is allowed but it has to pass a 'suspension test' during the inspection ... the so-called 'bagged suspension' is illegal over here, so no low riders in Belgium.

It is one of the smallest countries in Europe, and with the split between Flemish and Wallon people they want to split it up even further ... but they can be difficult when it comes to cars ... lol ... welcome to Belguim :icon_mrgreen:

- Lambocars: Fairly certain they're certified for UK regulations and utilise OE bearing packs, but as for continent-wide, it'll have to be seen

- Hannibal: They do indeed:

8_oakley_design_aventador_lp760_4_alrashed_edition_rear_side_detail.jpg

- Lambofan: 1) You've got to in the end, claims are worth nothing, Oakley goes for a holistic approach and aims at the driving experience 2) tricky one, as the Huracan is so damn portly! He weighed it at 1601kg with very little fuel, compared to the 1425kg Lamborghini claims dry.. 3) Again, blame Lamborghini :lol:. Imagine, the customer may swap in some composite bucket seats, and I further suggested polycarbonate/makrolon for the engine bonnet glass and rear bulkhead windscreen. Forget about the future RWD conversion (which on the Aventador I believe saved 85kg or so alone..)

Hey, I'm part Italian, and for all our raucous and loud cars, the tuning regulations are ridiculous. You can't even upsize wheels beyond what the manufacturer specified for a chassis. Anything under the bonnet that doesn't look stock is also a no-no and so on

So:

Oakley Design Huracan Dyno: 550whp/540Nm

IMG_20150112_WA0004.jpg

IMG_20150112_WA0006.jpg

And it hit 215mph at the limiter.

This car. If you follow through the thread, picked up a frankly incredulous 111whp/104nm. Before the flames of judgment slay me - I was similarly dubious - some pointers:

- The first dyno run (439whp) was done in September with middling temperatures

- The car was bone stock, with 283mi on the odometer

- Those 283mi were done on Saudi sand water rubbish petrol, with 122 degree weather with high humidity and at sea level - a splash of 98 was added for that run

- This second run/tuning session was done yesterday, at night, probably 32 degree weather, on exclusively 98

- Performance modifications are far lighter wheels, freer flowing titanium muffler, reprogrammed ECU & TCU, ported throttlebodies, enlarged air intake scoops, straightened airbox channeling, more effective heat evacuation through rear end (opened out diffuser), larger scoops for water radiators

Boom.

Oakley's tuner did the tuning, apparently running through 30 maps before the final one. I still doubt the standard dyno figure, but feel this mapped and modified is probably more representative

Very true - the backfire was pretty cool as well, would be interesting to see how this car reacts with the higher ambient heat and poor fuel. Maybe it'll be less glowing and more flame-on :lol:

Hopefully Wednesday there'll be shots/videos of this in action and in a windtunnel :o

I also should probably change the title to, announced, that much is pretty clear haha

I think they used a higher wheel loss correction figure but that's why I quoted the whp and wheel torque figures

But it is still called the Oakley Design Huracan LP680-4 right ? Just want to make sure before I put together an article on it :icon_mrgreen:

For this customer yes, I figure the series cars will have very slightly less power as they won't have the ported throttlebodies naturally!

If you need anything else let me know - Wind tunnel already booked :ninja: