Huayra challenge in the US!!!

SV-N-IT

There are some rumors going around, but the reality is there are people backing out of their P1 orders as they go down the list, and others are taking their spots. People who really want one and are fully ready to pony up are going to get one...at sticker.

Lol c'mon. This is nonsense.

I'll buy all the P1's you can find me at sticker. Please. I'm ready to pony up.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

webster join the challenge in a LP 560, I know you don't need it but I am willing to sponsor you :icon_thumleft:

I'd love to see this!

It's ok, Treynor in the P1 should do enough. Kris has been talking a bit too much smack for it to be a real "friendly" competition.

Oh, I don't know - Kris's posts appear to be tongue in cheek, he clearly loves cars and is enthusiastic about his (gorgeous!) rides. That's not a bad thing in my book. I consider ours a friendly race, and I am looking forward to it regardless of outcome.

For those not familiar with Sonoma Raceway, it has many different configurations which makes it challenging to compare laptimes from day to day. However, here's the layout we'll probably be using:

add one to that list ;)

I wish I bought a P1 when I had the chance, I hear they are 500k over list now and climbing.

Someone in my area was offered 3 mill for their p1. My buddy was at the dealership when it went down. Owner declined offer!

Oh, I don't know - Kris's posts appear to be tongue in cheek, he clearly loves cars and is enthusiastic about his (gorgeous!) rides. That's not a bad thing in my book. I consider ours a friendly race, and I am looking forward to it regardless of outcome.

For those not familiar with Sonoma Raceway, it has many different configurations which makes it challenging to compare laptimes from day to day. However, here's the layout we'll probably be using:

Yea! I live 20 minutes from Infineon, I will certainly be attending if I can. IMO Sonoma offers a huge advantage to the P1, its short gearing/DCT will help it rocket out of turn 7 and 11 and the high downforce will be needed throughout the rest of the course. The elevation changes and corner banking/lack thereof will favor a high downforce car. I've been around several times before, the course is like a goddamn rollercoaster.

It'd be cool to get the /Drive guys to film this and have Chris Harris drive all the cars. One driver setting laps. Whoever loses has to donate to charity. OR they bet based on baseline laps of their own and Harris has to beat them. Every tenth under = $10,000 donated.

Lol c'mon. This is nonsense.

I'll buy all the P1's you can find me at sticker. Please. I'm ready to pony up.

Im not in the business of selling cars. I have been offered slots on a couple occasions at sticker. These were not cars on the ground. I didn't pursue them because I have no interest in owning the P1. Its a fantastic vehicle, but I prefer the 918 and the 50th Aventador roadster.

Ill give Kris a call and see if he is open to the idea. If it happens I hope to see you at the race

I look forward to meeting up! If this race materializes it will be tons of fun regardless of the outcome or what it proves or doesn't prove.

Probably because Kris doesn't consider the Agera street legal, the Veyron SS is an "old" car, and the 918's AWD could give drivers with presumed regular skills an advantage. By that I mean its easier to drive a AWD car fast versus a RWD one.

Mostly correct, besides the Veyron part.

Well said, everyone needs to stop taking Kris so seriously. Hes just a passionate guy who loves to talk a little smack and have fun with his cars. I look forward to you guys potentially battling it out, I have a lot of respect for any hypercar owners willing to track their cars!

When is your P1 coming?

Do you really believe a non US Spec car would change the outcome of this race? If so I have ocean front property in North Dakota to sell you.

Depends on the car...I don't know if there a difference in US Spec vs Euro Spec for the P1 or La-Ferrari (especially on the emissions systems). Overall I personally don't think it's a big deal and it's not my race, but I still see the validity in making the event US Spec only.

And you lost my interest at "Dakota"... :lol2:

So is this about Kris driving Huayra or Veneno?

He would be driving the Huayra. He has stated many times that he will never track the Veneno. Kris is the most passionate person I know regarding cars. I don't speak to him as much as as Vbugking, but in some sort of fashion, I speak to him daily. He is more excited than a two year old opening his first birthday present, however it is absolutely not about throwing money up or gaining for financial reasons. I hope it happens as well, as this would be an exciting and fun event to see go down.

US spec cars have red side markers, and red makes the car go faster, since red is a faster color :D

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

US spec cars have red side markers, and red makes the car go faster, since red is a faster color :D

Well shit, can't argue with that logic.

But in all honesty, it would be awesome if they got Webster in the 'egg out there, even if Kris doesn't consider it street-legal. I completely understand his reasoning, but personally I agree with whatever the NHTSA says. Many cars (such as the Murcielago, F430, Lotus Elise/Evora) aren't street legal under his definition.

But back to the topic, why not see if they can get a 650S/Aventador out there? That would be a cool comparison to the Huayra.

Ben,

Welcome to the best place on the internet.

Glad to see you're still around and doing well. :icon_thumleft:

Looking forward to this, I know something about Kris you don't ;)

I think he publicly came out of the closet already by hanging out with Jirre so much in Miami! Just kidding :D.

The race sounds fun. Would be awesome to see. Just hope it happens close to me!