Huayra challenge in the US!!!

SV-N-IT

Lol c'mon. This is nonsense.

I'll buy all the P1's you can find me at sticker. Please. I'm ready to pony up.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL, just don't buy them in the same color please.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Late October. Spawning the joke in our household, "What's Orange, starts with 'P', and arrives around Halloween?" :)

Hope you stay around Ben! This is one of the best/most fun/knowledgable exotic forums on the net... and we are a forgiving bunch too. We'll even overlook your Ferrari loving tendencies :icon_mrgreen: :google_dk:

We won't even make you put a loaf on your new P1

Hope you stay around Ben! This is one of the best/most fun/knowledgable exotic forums on the net... and we are a forgiving bunch too. We'll even overlook your Ferrari loving tendencies :icon_mrgreen: :google_dk:

We won't even make you put a loaf on your new P1

Perhaps you all will even talk me into a Lambo one of these years. A UGR Huracan Spider seems like an appealing concept.

Late October. Spawning the joke in our household, "What's Orange, starts with 'P', and arrives around Halloween?" :)

Nice! My last race orange/black 12c was typically the Halloween joke in my office so I understand.

Can't wait to see your P1! (One of my all time favs) :icon_super:

Btw what's the going price for a p1 these days?

Btw what's the going price for a p1 these days?

List price, if you ordered one the moment you saw it? I've gotten a couple of inquiries since about selling my spot / car, so it seems the spot market price is a bit higher.

Congrats! When will your LaF arrive?

"In time for Christmas" is the official word from the factory.

List price, if you ordered one the moment you saw it? I've gotten a couple of inquiries since about selling my spot / car, so it seems the spot market price is a bit higher.

Any idea on the spec of the ThethetheFerrari? Did you go resale red or did you go yellow to match some of your others? Or maybe something weve never even seen before?!

Welcome to the forum Ben! Best place on the internet bar none. Please confirm that pumpernickle is the best flavor of bread out there.

:icon_super:

congrats Ben. I can't wait to see your P1 and LaF roaming around the bay area :)

We have discussed doing a husband vs wife track day at Laguna between the two of them. Would need to find one of those 105dB days however...

We have discussed doing a husband vs wife track day at Laguna between the two of them. Would need to find one of those 105dB days however...

that'd be awesome to watch. i've been following your threads on fchat and i love your ferrari collection.

hope to meet you one of these days, especially if you meet up with Kris in Sonoma :)

[...]

I'm confident that I could beat the Huayra on a track like, say, Laguna Seca in a Porsche Cayman (see the latest Top Gear road trip movie for a reference).

The difference between the drivers is far greater than the difference between the cars. At the Top Gear track, the difference between the current champion, a Huayra on slick tires, and a R8 V10 Spyder is ~10 seconds. I bet you that very, very few regular joe owners will get within 10 seconds of a pro in the same car.

[...]

Webster, it sounds as though you are issuing your own separate challenge? Or was your comment specific to the Huayra? 'Cause, you know, if you can run faster than 1:35 at Laguna Seca in a Cayman, I'm willing to drive down and spectate...

Webster, it sounds as though you are issuing your own separate challenge? Or was your comment specific to the Huayra? 'Cause, you know, if you can run faster than 1:35 at Laguna Seca in a Cayman, I'm willing to drive down and spectate...

Ben since you are new here I figured I'd give you a heads up. Check your PM.

New, yes. Hothead... less so :) I've already run on track with other pro drivers, and they're consistently 2.5 - 4 secs/lap quicker than I in the same car. So -- no, I won't be keeping up with Webster in an equal vehicle; similarly, he won't be keeping up with me in a vehicle which is 10s/lap slower.

Also fun with a content, but yes, this will tell us exactly zero about the car.

I'm confident that I could beat the Huayra on a track like, say, Laguna Seca in a Porsche Cayman (see the latest Top Gear road trip movie for a reference).

The difference between the drivers is far greater than the difference between the cars. At the Top Gear track, the difference between the current champion, a Huayra on slick tires, and a R8 V10 Spyder is ~10 seconds. I bet you that very, very few regular joe owners will get within 10 seconds of a pro in the same car.

ALL that being said, I'd put my money on the Agera over the Huayra in a track shoot out any time of the week. And I'm a Pagani fan to the nth! :)

New, yes. Hothead... less so :) I've already run on track with other pro drivers, and they're consistently 2.5 - 4 secs/lap quicker than I in the same car. So -- no, I won't be keeping up with Webster in an equal vehicle; similarly, he won't be keeping up with me in a vehicle which is 10s/lap slower.

I have to agree with the new guy. Webster is an exceptionally cool dude with a trophy in his cabinet that few can match but that power deficit between a Cayman and Huayra is quite steep. Certainly would be very interesting to see and that is the point of this exercise.

I would like to see Webster involved in KS's challenge, would add some real weight to an already intriguing track contest.

The math is pretty simple. Most drivers, unless they're track experts, will be closer to 10s off the pace than 5s. But let's just be generous and say that you can get within the 5s. Then you have the difference in willingness to push the car. I'll push a Cayman to 11/10ths every day of the week. How many hypercar owners are even going to push their cars to 8/10s on the track? So by going 8/10 instead of 11/10th, they're probably giving up another ~5-10s -- so let's call that 7. Now, on the best of times, you're at a 13s deficit right off the bat. I'm quite confident that a Cayman can get within 13s of a Huayra at Laguna Seca (which is not in any way a power track -- it's all momentum and 3-4 gear stuff).

But hey, if you can actually get within 2.5s of a real pro, then you're an extremely accomplished driver, and you should come join us in the world endurance championship :). You'll be in the 1% of talent for hyper car owners.

In for video of Kris getting lapped by said Cayman. I think Im safe in assuming that he isnt within 2.5 seconds of a pro on a track.

(Unlike the street, though. Apparently he reigns supreme on the street :D )

Webster - Completely unrelated to the discussion here, but have you taken the Zonda out on a track and really hung its balls out yet? I can only imagine the sounds it would make being strung out by a pro driver. :icon_super:

Thats what I fcuking love about this place, the casual response you get just might be from an ALMS champion. . . and he might be on his way to Quiznos in a Koegnigsegg. :lol2:

Thats what I fcuking love about this place, the casual response you get just might be from an ALMS champion. . . and he might be on his way to Quiznos in a Koegnigsegg. :lol2:

Best place on the web!

The math is pretty simple. Most drivers, unless they're track experts, will be closer to 10s off the pace than 5s. But let's just be generous and say that you can get within the 5s. Then you have the difference in willingness to push the car. I'll push a Cayman to 11/10ths every day of the week. How many hypercar owners are even going to push their cars to 8/10s on the track? So by going 8/10 instead of 11/10th, they're probably giving up another ~5-10s -- so let's call that 7. Now, on the best of times, you're at a 13s deficit right off the bat. I'm quite confident that a Cayman can get within 13s of a Huayra at Laguna Seca (which is not in any way a power track -- it's all momentum and 3-4 gear stuff).

But hey, if you can actually get within 2.5s of a real pro, then you're an extremely accomplished driver, and you should come join us in the world endurance championship :). You'll be in the 1% of talent for hyper car owners.

Please please please set this race up! I think he would be game to challenge you and your Cayman R.