Huayra challenge in the US!!!

SV-N-IT

I've always wondered how far a regular Joe could go with unlimited resources to go through driver/racing training, practice, practice, practice.

There are lots and lots of car enthusiasts who will probably never see anywhere close to their driving potential because performance driving/racing was always an afterthought fringe hobby at best. Bottom line is if you never get your car on a track of any kind, you cannot grow much past your existing talent level.

Now I might be mistaken, but I believe Webster's career path as a pro driver is a relatively new one -- one that was afforded after first obtaining some financial success. Probably not the Senna fast track from age 5 with go karts, and then formula 3000, etc.

So Treynor looks to be in the same boat, just started later. It's not inconceivable that he too could be a "pro" at some point in the near future.

I have a friend who did well for himself and tracks race prepped 911 GT2 cars at very fast lap times at VIR, easily faster than the average owner would do. He admits his natural talent is less than some of the guys we know, but because he has the resources he can take it further.

There are many people in my mind that if they put in the effort could be very fast and handle almost any kind of high end sports/race car.....they'll just never be F1/WRC/CART/Indy/NASCAR caliber, much the same way it's almost impossible to make the NFL or NBA if you start playing sports after college.

The argument still stands that a real pro will kick ass with moderate machinery over a regular Joe, but I think the gap is closer in this case than people may think based on the lap times Treynor has posted.

Now throw Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso, etc. into the mix and I'd be afraid of betting against them for sure.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Treynor, I would love to see pics of your collection!

You have some of my dream cars with the P1 as the icing on the cake!

And you can drive lol

The missing resource is time now. I'd love to see Treynor vs Webster in a friendly race.

:iamwithstupid: The Cayman R vs. Huayra challenge was obviously a complete farce. On a track that is as fast as Monza there is no way that outcome was anything but TV drama. Exactly the same as every other Top Gear race that somehow always ends up a photo finish. Not saying they are all scripted, but there are some definite liberties taken to provide maximum entertainment value, which is expected.

this thread is perfect for asscelerator and yet he's nowhere to be seen!!

He's posted in this thread and he's never left LP. He post under the screen name Tougespirit

For some reason the moderators have let it slide.

Treynor, I would love to see pics of your collection!

You have some of my dream cars with the P1 as the icing on the cake!

And you can drive lol

+1

Also, I would race anyone here in my car for pinkslips! I'm the #1 grannyshifter on the planet #NOS :icon_super:

He's posted in this thread and he's never left LP. He post under the screen name Tougespirit

For some reason the moderators have let it slide.

So, in other words, in your mind anyone who likes McLaren is automatically asscelerator? How do you know that's who TougeSpirit is?

What a great discussion. where else can you get somany super car owners with such diverse backgrounds and collections, and at the end of the day just want to go out and run their cars.

The outcome of this race will come down to driver skill, especially with high power rwd cars. I don't know either of the drivers personally, but I'm guessing Treynor has the edge

You talking Ben vs Kris? Lock it up, Ben by a country mile.

Webster vs Kris? Lol. Webster in his sandals over Kris in his veneno.

Webster vs Ben? Webster unless the power/grip deficit is really substantial.

Ben will be getting McLaren trofeo R tires. Haven't heard of anyone with those tires on a P1 yet. Should be interesting

I have those on my 650S! they are supposed to be the best! we will see...

I want to see the outcome of this discussion.

I believe you're already seeing it. Mental masturbation and dick swinging, but no racing.

I want to see the outcome of this discussion.

It's in the works, but I should set expectations - it'll be months, not days or weeks. My P1 doesn't even arrive until late October. We need to pick a track date @ Sonoma for the event which works for both of us; after all, Kris and I both have day jobs. We want to make sure the track date will not be rained out. And so on.

It's in the works, but I should set expectations - it'll be months, not days or weeks. My P1 doesn't even arrive until late October. We need to pick a track date @ Sonoma for the event which works for both of us; after all, Kris and I both have day jobs. We want to make sure the track date will not be rained out. And so on.

With a purported el nino (noone knows if it's real) I think you guys will have to wait unitl at least May-June 2015 to guarentee no rainout.

I believe you're already seeing it. Mental masturbation and dick swinging, but no racing.

:lol2:

As long as there is video of it with a good microphone, I'm good.

Also, based on your details of your P1, you will have the best Jack-O-lantern this year. :icon_thumleft:

Sonoma? I'm there :icon_super: