Rhyno's secret Countach

rhyno

As some of you have figured out I bought a second Countach. It is a 1988.5 quattrovalvole that is fuel injected and only had two owners when I bought it last March. The motor was shipped out to Lamborghini of Toronto and had a full engine refresh that included new head gaskets, new rear diff seal, new clutch plate, new flywheel and tons of smaller stuff done at the same time. Here are some pictures of the car as I bought it....

P8237199.JPG

P8237201.JPG

P8237207.JPG

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next thing on the list was to fix the paint bubbles on the rear wing. I had the wing removed and sent of to be fixed and repainted.

DSCF1733.jpg

Since the motor was out it made it really easy to add Quicksilver headers and exhaust. I had the radiators refurbished at this time also. There is also an upgrade for a second alternator!

More info from member 12097:

There is a modification that can solve the problem of too much current draw and a factory alternator that runs out of capacity.

If the air pump has already been removed from your car, you can mount a small auxiliary alternator off of the existing air pump bracket.

You use a single wire domestic alternator (with internal voltage regulator) that faces the same way as the existing alternator or A/c compressor

The belt uses the spare pulley space on the A/C compressor.

You will have to fabricate a bracket to run off back of the new alternator for stability.

The system works slick and best of all is easily removed to put back into a stock configuration.

At idle....with all lights, cooling fans on, AND air conditioning running, the voltage does not drop off when tested at the rear power block.

Please note that while the results are outstanding, I can't take credit for this modification tip.

A friend of mine did this to his car and the results were simply amazing.

IMG_6800.JPG

IMG_6801.JPG

IMG_6869.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

This is where things get interesting. I decided that since I was selling my baby blue Gallardo that I would have some fun with this Countach. Everything that I was to do needed to be reversible so the car could be taken back to stock. I added new tires and powder coated the wheels white....

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_6833.JPG

My friends from Saskatchewan checking out my ride!!!!! I also should tell everyone that I have only seen this Countach once since I bought it.

IMG_7346.JPG

We powder coated the engine plenum to match the wrap. I also phoned up EZ powersteering and I'm in the process of having it installed, this should make for a huge improvement for drivability!

IMG_7353.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

IMG_7460.JPG

IMG_7461.JPG

She should be done in the next month so I will update this thread as much as possible! I'm super excited about this project!!!!

I'm not sure about the white grills, otherwise it looks great :icon_thumleft:

Takes some balls to do that to a Countach in that market.

EDIT: your car has a twin in Japan :turboalex:

post-11539-1412877814_thumb.png

The Countach wears that color very well, I think it looks awesome. That is really cool Rhyno, looking forward to outdoor/natural light pictures on the completed project as well.

Allan did call it, haha!

Wow Rhyno, you are either totally innovative, daring and fun or completely bonkers off your rocker. :icon_mrgreen:

Either way both scenarios work and I think that looks great!

:icon_thumleft: