Rhyno's secret Countach

rhyno

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, they're definitely a conversation starter in the owner's circle.

Getting back to this thread, they may look pretty good in powder coat blue :)

Maybe its just me..but i think the things you've done to the car (color wise) has made the car looks like a replica..lol

but congrats on your purchase! car looks SICK..(when it was black) :D

Lambo91, She can always go back to black very easy and look like every other black Countach :)

I have never seen a baby blue replica so maybe I will start a trend!!!!

I heard the PS is installed but they need to do some driving around to make sure it's working properly. We decided not to add any white stripes to the car as it is getting a bit busy. Today's pics....

IMG_7631.JPG

IMG_7630.JPG

IMG_7632.JPG

I heard the PS is installed but they need to do some driving around to make sure it's working properly. We decided not to add any white stripes to the car as it is getting a bit busy. Today's pics....

IMG_7631.JPG

IMG_7630.JPG

IMG_7632.JPG

If you get rid of the blue on the wheels, the blue on the taillights, and all the white accents it would be perfect, except for one thing! The rear emblems are not positioned correctly.. :icon_mrgreen:

If you get rid of the blue on the wheels, the blue on the taillights, and all the white accents it would be perfect, except for one thing! The rear emblems are not positioned correctly.. :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the pictures!

If somebody asked me if a baby blue Countach would look good I would've said no but damn this looks good, great job Rhyno :icon_thumleft:

These are the exact changes that would take this car from BARBIE car to AWESOME car!!

hi Rhyno, I love the colour, should look nice out on the road, these pics might help with the badge positions.

Nice job!

hi Rhyno, I love the colour, should look nice out on the road, these pics might help with the badge positions.

Thanks lambolexus!!!

It looks like the body shop did not fill the original holes from the emblems when they did the euro backend upgrade. It will be a headache to fix it so I will leave it for now and get it done in the future when the wrap comes off.

Rhyno, that long rectangular piece for the emblems is fairly inexpensive; might as well start fresh rather than filling the holes. Glen at AMH should be able to get it for you with ease.

So my Countach is almost done and I was not 100% in love with it so I decided to jump on a plane and go check it out in person. It was really nice to get the car outside and see the blue wrap in the sun. This color really looks good on the Countach. My issues were the same as some of you, I was on the fence about some of the white. I have decided to have 4 of the white grills changed to blue so the white is not so overwhelming. One cool thing that ZR had surprised me with was a Lamborghini windshield banner/sticker, it matches the car and has a 80's feel to it!

Since I had power steering installed on the car I was really excited to try it out and see if it was a huge waste of money or not. This is also only the second time I have seen the car and I had never driven it so I was super excited. I jumped into the car and found out that the power steering works even when the car is not running. I turn the key and start the car, I have to back it out of ZR's shop and instantly found out that PS is the best mod you could ever do to a Countach! It is AMAZING!!!!!!!! You can turn the wheel so easy when parked or driving slow but when you start picking up speed the ps feel gets less and less. I had over an hour behind the wheel and got up to some fast speeds and the ps performed great. If you have a countach and want to drive it more but hate taking it out because its such a pain in the butt then you NEED to get ps. It takes less then a day to install and can easily be put back to stock. The tilt function still works on the steering wheel and the ps takes up only a small amount of room under the dash. I don't have the total bill yet for the ps but will let you guys know how much it cost, ZR is also putting ps in a 25th Countach (not mine).

I had Quicksilver headers and exhaust installed and it really sounds great compared to my stock exhaust on my 25th. I don't think it is as loud as Larini headers and exhaust but I'm just going off my memory from my old 25th countach that had Larini installed.

This QV had its motor worked on with a top end rebuild, valve gaskets, new clutch etc. It was interesting to drive and compare to my 25th. I feel like my 25th is a harder car to shift and the clutch is heavier. I can't wait to have both cars home and drive them back to back, thats when I will really see and feel the differences of the two cars. I'm tired of typing and need a glass of wine so thats all for tonight.........but first, some pictures lol

So my Countach is almost done and I was not 100% in love with it so I decided to jump on a plane and go check it out in person. It was really nice to get the car outside and see the blue wrap in the sun. This color really looks good on the Countach. My issues were the same as some of you, I was on the fence about some of the white. I have decided to have 4 of the white grills changed to blue so the white is not so overwhelming. One cool thing that ZR had surprised me with was a Lamborghini windshield banner/sticker, it matches the car and has a 80's feel to it!

Since I had power steering installed on the car I was really excited to try it out and see if it was a huge waste of money or not. This is also only the second time I have seen the car and I had never driven it so I was super excited. I jumped into the car and found out that the power steering works even when the car is not running. I turn the key and start the car, I have to back it out of ZR's shop and instantly found out that PS is the best mod you could ever do to a Countach! It is AMAZING!!!!!!!! You can turn the wheel so easy when parked or driving slow but when you start picking up speed the ps feel gets less and less. I had over an hour behind the wheel and got up to some fast speeds and the ps performed great. If you have a countach and want to drive it more but hate taking it out because its such a pain in the butt then you NEED to get ps. It takes less then a day to install and can easily be put back to stock. The tilt function still works on the steering wheel and the ps takes up only a small amount of room under the dash. I don't have the total bill yet for the ps but will let you guys know how much it cost, ZR is also putting ps in a 25th Countach (not mine).

I had Quicksilver headers and exhaust installed and it really sounds great compared to my stock exhaust on my 25th. I don't think it is as loud as Larini headers and exhaust but I'm just going off my memory from my old 25th countach that had Larini installed.

This QV had its motor worked on with a top end rebuild, valve gaskets, new clutch etc. It was interesting to drive and compare to my 25th. I feel like my 25th is a harder car to shift and the clutch is heavier. I can't wait to have both cars home and drive them back to back, thats when I will really see and feel the differences of the two cars. I'm tired of typing and need a glass of wine so thats all for tonight.........but first, some pictures lol

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_1972.jpg

DSC_2004.jpg

IMG_7678.JPG

Rhyno, that long rectangular piece for the emblems is fairly inexpensive; might as well start fresh rather than filling the holes. Glen at AMH should be able to get it for you with ease.

Perfect, Thanks VCR!!!!

Anybody know what this silver little tank is in the front boot?

IMG_7681.JPG

IMG_7689.JPG

Holy shit Rhyno, I must have done work on that car from my company Ultrasmith Systems in NYC but didn't recognize it. The box is a motion sensor for a SMITH alarm. It would trigger momentary burst air horn if someone sat on car or tried to tow it. There was usually one in the rear too. Now I remember the car. Nice job on the wrap and PS.

Holy shit Rhyno, I must have done work on that car from my company Ultrasmith Systems in NYC but didn't recognize it. The box is a motion sensor for a SMITH alarm. It would trigger momentary burst air horn if someone sat on car or tried to tow it. There was usually one in the rear too. Now I remember the car. Nice job on the wrap and PS.

360, That is so cool that you worked on my car back in the day! I was looking at this cars first owner and he lived in Florida. Would the work have been done in Florida or NYC?

Thanks for letting me know what it is!!!! Does this radar detector thing look familiar?

DSC_1996.jpg